Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Next-Generation Destroyer: News & Discussions

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by ni8mare, Dec 5, 2016.

1. HariPrasad

HariPrasad 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    yes but with their Shitty R & D , they can hardly do that. We must focus more on R & D to make robust products like Brahmos, LRSAM etc.

Abingdonboy likes this.
  2. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Captain Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    The recent comments from the IN seem to indicate a signifcant depature from the P-15/A/B class/generations. If they were intending to make a P-15C/continue employing the P-15 hull one would imagine they would talk about continuation and the strengths of the P-15 hull design but by talking about a new design/next generation they seem to hint at more.

I could be wrong, this is just my reading of their comments.

India needs to develop this in house or with a friendly nation, going for an off the shelf solution (US) will only curtail its strategic benefits.

Bro, let's first see if the IN gets the SMART-L VSR in a "conventional" (standalone mast) for upcoming vessels (P-17A) before we think/talk about an intergrated mast solution incorporating it and the MF-STAR!

I would just be happy to see a new AESA VSR beyond the LW-08 at this point (sadly the RAN-40L is going to be a one off for the IN on the IAC-1). I had been hoping the P-15B would look past the LW-08 and standardise with the IAC-1 sensor suite but the UPA/"Saint" truly f*cked up those hopes.

Never believe the stated range of such systems, some sides will seek to underplay their capabilities, some will look to overstate them. Besides, detection range is not everything, having the means to effectively respond is the next part of the puzzle and here the BARAK-8 offers a formidable (perhaps class beating) capability, I'm not so sure the PLA(N) can boast of the same.

R!CK, Aqwoyk and Gessler like this.