Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Next Prez: Manmohan/ Kalam/ Somnath V/s Pranab

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by SpArK, Jun 13, 2012.

?

Next Prez shoul be

Poll closed Aug 12, 2012.
  1. Manmohan Singh

3.3%
  2. A P J Abdul Kalam

60.0%
  3. Somnath Chatterjee

10.0%
  4. Pranab Mukherjee

20.0%
  5. Poonam Pandey/ Dont Care

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

Exactly,he may end up supporting UPA candidate.There are chances Mulayam may Join UPA and get a seat in the Cabinet in return

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    There is a difference between BSP & SP. BSP has always clearly stated power at any cost & anyhow. They do not believe in Morality but only Power (Satta). They can't cheat as they have told the world what they want. Mulayam plays games.

3. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

Oh tangocharlie , sorry for replying you late. Ya you can come anytime to Ahmedabad. I will fix it for you :pleasantry:

4. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I thought we were all friends here on this site? A freind in need is a friend who shares his girlfriend in deed. Have you forgotten us all?

1 person likes this.
  5. tunguska

Who say i am going to share my GF.another one . By the way it is really tough to beat the Armed forces guy and you are elite so very very very difficult to beat you whether in word or war.

1 person likes this.
  6. tunguska

Presidential Election: Why Kalam is better choice now?

Despite Sonia’s opposition and BJP’s reluctance, India’s former President and the darling scientist of students and the country’s youth is emerging as better candidate compared to Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee or any other docile candidate in the fray.

It is not surprising since the country has gone through series of corruption scandals and lost confidence in traditional leaders like Pranab Mukherjee or groomed leader like Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The faith lost in Congress leaders is irretrievable, despite Sonia Gandhi’s best efforts to sidetrack the issue.

He insisted earlier and even now that he would prefer to be a consensus candidate. “It is not fair to say he will be BJP candidate or Naveen’s candidate or Mamata’s candidate. Earlier also, (in 2003), I had proposed Kalam’s name and NDA had supported,” insists Mamata Banerjee, his ardent supporter last time and even now.

How did Kalam win so many hearts in a country where a scientist hardly gets any popular support? It is the simplicity that matters! Mahatma Gandhi could turn around India’s perception of a leader in less than a decade with his simple living and mixing with the common man as easily as he did with the elite class. Despite the inherent ridicule from the learned colleagues in Congress, Gandhi stood to his stance and remained an example of simple living even now.

Kalam replicated Gandhi by mixing with the school children as easily as he could with global scientists of his stature. He could stir the country’s intellectual thirst with his unstoppable questioning at every meeting. He gave the vision that the youngsters could identify and strive for. He provided the light to country’s future path. Any country that wants to emerge as a Super Power had a leader like him. Many such leaders, the faster a country becomes successgul, if not rich in notional economic sense.

The human capacity and the modern human index or the development index should be the measures of a country’s success and not the number of millionaires who sprawled across the cities of Mumbai or Delhi. It is the drive by Kalam that turned the attention of many that they need a spirited leader, not a spiritual leader. No baba nor a political man succeeds the way Kalam did in his memorable five-year term as an august president of this massive population.

Pranab and Manmohan belong to the same class of intellectuals who could succumb to political pressure or party pressure. Many may respect them but they have emptied the advantage that is due for them. Kalam did not succumb to such petty pressures and hence, remains the common man’s president. Whether Italian-born Sonia accepts it or not, Kalam is rightfully the best choice to be the country’s president. It is a necessity for the current political system to restore the faith of the common man.

More than Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh and Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee, Sonia and Advani should see the advantage of a consensus and respectable person in Rashtrapati Bhavan, to showcase to the nation that not everything is amiss and corrupt in the country.

Presidential Election: Why Kalam is better choice now? | MF Monitor

7. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Of them all, we the naval officers are the best in the world. Finest strike team of US is Navy SEALS team-6. Naval officers are very fixated with their aim. Our aim is just a few inches above and below the naval of a women. Like Arjun we see nothing other than our aim.

1 person likes this.
  8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    We are a blessed population to have someone like Kalam amongst us. He never went to any university or school out of India. I had the honour to be his security officer wayback in 1994 in Mumbai and look after & secure his secret briefcase. I used to be with him 24hrs and slept in an adjoining room in Officers mess in Colaba Mumbai. Always armed.

1 person likes this.
  9. Steel

Steel Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Sir did navy took multitasking work from you ? And in how many fields do you have got expertise.

10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I was embarked at that time. They needed an officer who was good with guns with great aim and whose loyality to the nation was unquestionable. The requirement came to the sqn. I was deputed for that job. 9mm, three clips of 9 rounds each, one loaded, incognito, with undercover support is how I took care of him.

I was also the counter intelligence officer at that time.

1 person likes this.
  11. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

I have mixed feelings about the controversy. On one hand I'm irritated that Mamta, for her own purposes, is playing a mud match (again). But on the other hand it will ensure that politicians understand that people presidency seriously and hopefully prevent the disastous jokes like Pratibha Patil succeding Kalam. How can such a person of such low stature replace a giant like him beats my imagination. Rajendra Prasad, Radhakrishnan.....Kalam and PRATIBHA PATIL???...WTF is that supposed to mean?

12. SpArK

SpArK SorCeroR Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

13. brahmastr

brahmastr 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

she will not quit.. she will turn the plate now..

she says Kalam sir was her and mulayam's opinion for president post.. but now we both are UPA2 allies and will go with majority decison of UPA2.

remember her oil price reversal drama last time ?

14. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Mulayan has once again shown his legendary ability to do flip flop. He has triple crossed mamta to support UPA. We have saying in Haryana, Boodhi lomdi ant main kanjar say maari jaati hai.

It means that an old fox who is able to decieve the best of hunters finally gets killed by hunters who hunt reptiles & small animals. Kanjars are a tribe of hunters in MP and they hunt lizards and rats etc.

Mulayam will meet the same fate in politics very soon.

15. SpArK

SpArK SorCeroR Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Indian President should be elected by people and not opportunistic politicians.:dumbhorse:

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.