Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Nirmala Sitharaman is the new Defense Minister of India

Discussion in 'Indian Defence Industry' started by X_Killer, Sep 3, 2017.

1. X_Killer

X_Killer Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Who is "Bislery" here?

2. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

She is quiet - actually

GuardianRED, TrueGR!T and X_Killer like this.
  3. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

LOL

In services, you might just have sir being said and accepted :D

I doubt there is a tough time for the Chiefs ahead. More likely, busy times. She is a quiet lady, an able administrator and executor and definitely works hard to understand what is put up to her, gets into details and then takes a learned opinion .. no knee jerks or half assed measures.

Good. The Chiefs will have a proactive RM in office, especially since the Govt has told the Chiefs to be proactive in their respective domains (especially army has been given a go ahead to keep the level of violence below the threshold of open war, rest carry on :))

Darth Marr, Grevion and X_Killer like this.
  4. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    In our case its "are" not "is".

5. bharathp

bharathp Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    really like the choice - my opinion she is a very work oriented person. I think this will be a good move. lets see what she does.

X_Killer likes this.
  6. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    This is India's new Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS), the government's apex decision making body on national security.

[​IMG]

7. An Indian

An Indian 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    fair. What I meant is that we really need alternative design (and manufacturing centers). Today we have just one.

How many depts can be controlled by the PMO. They will be over stretched. Much rather the issues bedeviling them and their mind-set be sorted so that they can independently achieve as much as we want them to...

One of the things I've strongly felt is that we need to do System Re-Engineering of the Govt. Systems to improve their functioning...

8. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

In UPA era, Madam Italian waitress, kaunse swiss bank account number mein commission bhej doon?

9. sangos

sangos Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    She is a performer. That said NaMo threw a googly with this one. Our conspiring patriarchal enemy neighbors will be bamboozled. Its like those ISIS savages who fear getting killed @Yazidi female soldiers. Thats a sure shot disqualifier for entry into Rahim's gufaa upstairs filled with 72 you know what.:troll:

10. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
  11. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    Wish her the best of luck. Good choice and I am confident she will get the job done.

I was about to vent really bad when (no thanks to lutyens media ) it was looking like no dedicated DM.

I am kinda disappointed suresh prabhu got moved away from railways, but mitigated by Goyal taking over there and Prabhu being assigned to important industry + commerce (we need job creation badly, the liquidity has filled up the barrels, time to channel it....a sound accountant seems great choice for this).

There is good merit agenda (and still maintaining 0 corruption track record) with just a relatively minimum touch of "politics" in cabinet of this administration so far...I bump up my rating from 6.5 to 7.0 out of 10 at current point. So far my score has varied from 5.5 to 7.5 out of 10 in the course of this administration....which is quite commendable as I am pretty tough and miserly on this (even dream scenario I dont think I would go over 8.5 because of the variables in implementation long term).

12. Veeran

Veeran Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes what you said is valid too. I think it takes a multi-pronged holistic approach to get the results.
    But inviting LM here as a solution is the lazy and dangerous way out.
    These things need some hard work.
    But first thing is getting our Indians who have serious exposure to thee companies back here in Bharat and promote startups by them.

TrueGR!T likes this.
  13. An Indian

An Indian 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Oh!!! I DON'T mean inviting LM here. It is like a Banyan tree, nothing will grow in its shade. We MUST take the harder way out - that of creating our own Indian LMs - with all the various successes and failure attendant.

For example, I'm very much against the LM collaboration with Tata for F16 & Saab's collaboration with Adani - that is indeed the lazy way out.
    Agree with you that our LM has to come out of our startups and our Mid-Sized/Large Setups right here in India. Kalyani is doing a better job than the Tatas & Adanis.

X_Killer and Veeran like this.
  14. Darth Marr

Darth Marr Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    First promotion to MoS from BJP spokesperson, then promotion from MoS to Defence minister. Is she the next president now ? :lol:

X_Killer likes this.
  15. Veeran

Veeran Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    As far as I understand, Tata is just a western proxy entry to Bharat, when they can't sell directly, they use the Tata route.
    Yes Kalyani is doing a good job.
    I would love to see efforts by Kalyani and Mahindra.
    They are more trustworthy and in-house.

An Indian and X_Killer like this.