Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Nitish Kumar Quits As Bihar Chief Minister After Lalu Yadav Rules Out Tejashwi's Resignation

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by bharathp, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bharathp

bharathp Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    almost everyone in politics is about ambition. personal image is only important for some people (hence we have loads of lalus, yeddys, reddys brothers, karunanidhis etc). atleast we can appeal to someone's personal image of "dont be corrupt". if you use that with Lalu or RaGa, do you think it would work?

try going to Congress and say "dont associate with Lalu, he is corrupt he can do anything for money". he will probably laugh and go "yeah.. we know.. we taught him and have the receipts too"

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I expect Rajnikanth to be face of BJP in Tamilnadu and A dalit ezhava from Kerela to be BJP CM candidate.

Sam_, Wolfpack, Kalmuahlaunda and 2 others like this.
  3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Being a Brahmin, I will anyday support a Hindu for CM post irrespective of his caste than support a non Hindu. Hinduism does not have castes. We have Varnas.

Sam_, Wolfpack, SrNair and 3 others like this.
  4. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    What are the chances of BJP winning in Kerala though? I think of all the states in India, Kerala would probably be the very last one to fall to BJP, if at all.

5. bharathp

Country Flag:
    India
    west bengal, kerala and half of J&K are the last holdouts of the pseudo secular, commie and terror outfits respectively

Wolfpack and Lion of Rajputana like this.
  6. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States

Basically. From what I see, Hindus in Bengal are slowly waking up after the way Mamata + Bengali & Bangladeshi Muslims are treating them and I can see serious polarization which will catapult BJP to the position of main opposition, although coming in power will still take quite a bit of work.

Kerala I think has only one BJP guy elected to its state assembly and is a traditional leftist bastion, and now has a mammoth Muslim population, especially in certain places. I really don't know if/when BJP could come to power there.

As for J&K, the only solution there is either President's Rule, or discarding 370 and changing the demographics of the state.

7. bharathp

Country Flag:
    India
    Nitish Kumar To Take Oath As Bihar Chief Minister Tomorrow: 10 Updates

[​IMG]

Here is a 10-point guide to this big political story:
    1. "There was no scandal before this, I tried to make it work for as long as I could," said Nitish Kumar to reporters this evening. "My conscience would not allow me to continue," he said.
    2. BJP chief Amit Shah dialled Patna and after a discussion, the seniormost BJP leader in Bihar, Sushil Kumar Modi, said he conveyed the party's decision to Mr Kumar. "Nityanand Rai ji and I called Nitish ji. BJP has decided to support him and the government formed under him, We will inform the Governor too," Mr Modi said.
    3. Sources said the BJP, which earlier said it could offer Mr Kumar "outside support", has decided to join the new government.
    4. Asked about an alliance with the BJP, Mr Kumar said, "Let's see what happens next. We will decide on whatever is best for Bihar."
    5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi praised Mr Kumar in a series of tweets. "For the nation, especially for Bihar's bright future, rising above political differences and fighting against corruption is the need of the hour," his tweet read. "Many many congratulation to Nitish Kumarji for joining the fight against corruption. Over hundred million citizens are welcoming and supporting of the honesty."
    6. After Nitish Kumar's resignation, Lalu Yadav hit back with an allegation. "Nitish Kumar faced charges worse than corruption, we knew it. He has murder taint on him, we never raised it," he said. He also accused Mr Kumar of being in league with the BJP.
    7. On July 7, the Yadavs were accused of corruption stemming from Lalu Yadav's term as Railways Minister; their home was raided. Nitish Kumar dropped broad hints that Lalu's son Tejashwi Yadav, 28, must quit his post of Deputy Chief Minister. Today, Lalu Yadav announced that their son, Tejashwi, would not quit.
    8. Last month, Nitish Kumar abandoned his allies and other parties to side with the BJP in the election for President of India. He said the opposition which has formed an 18-party league was "in a mess" thanks largely to the Congress. The corruption case against the Yadavs allowed Nitish Kumar the exit point he was looking for to return to the BJP, say his critics, without making it seem like he is politically promiscuous.
    9. His support for the Prime Minister was first vociferously expressed in November when he stood out as the only opposition heavyweight to back the sudden ban of high-denomination notes.
    10. In 2013, Nitish Kumar ended a 17-year alliance with the BJP over its decision to promote Mr Modi as its presumptive prime minister. In 2015, he tied up with the Congress and former rival Lalu Yadav to block the PM from winning Bihar for the BJP.

Wolfpack and Grevion like this.
  8. NKVD

NKVD Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    My Silly Observation on Whole saga

• Nitish Moving out from Bjp Alliance was a Strategical error Which a smart Politician Like Nitish realized Within few weeks after 16 may 2014

• But He Still Followed his Main ambition which was PM post .For that He used Lalu Who was Political outcast that time, In Pretext that by utilizing caste equation he Will Emerge as Major Regional force And It will Set his way to Unanimous Leader Of third-front for Next elections

• What he miscalculated that RJD Used his Vote Bank And Caste equation to Reincarnate itself from the gallows of Political oblivion After 2014 And Emerge once again as major force in bihar Even bigger that JDU And BJP And Nitish as a Sushasan babu himself

• He already Started Back channels Talks With his sources in BJP after UP victory And Scripted With BJP To SET a Pretext for His Entrance in NDA Once again
    • For that BJP En-leased CBI on Lalu family And Slowly And Steadily The real thing Started to Come on surface

Itachi, Sam_, Wolfpack and 1 other person like this.
  9. bharathp

Country Flag:
    India
    Politics cannot be done with only a straight mind and clean heart in the present day. that died in the age of Rama. by the age of maha bharatha, the use of any force is acceptable to bring your foes down. Congress used CBI, POlice and everything at its disposal to try to Bring Modi in gujarat to his knees. they blacked his name and ran it through unimaginable shit and asscoiated him with godhra every bit of opportunity. if they want to beat or become as popular as modi they need to pass the same test.

people living in glass houses shouldnt throw stones at others.

Wolfpack and Lion of Rajputana like this.
  10. SrNair

SrNair Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Chances are slim.
    Not because of the Hindus .But worst stupid state leadership of BJP.

We all were in high hope ,but they are literally destroying the party thanks to their Groupism.

Sam_, Wolfpack and Lion of Rajputana like this.
  11. Grevion

Grevion Professional Think Troll ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    There you go. He will be back tomorrow as the CM with BJP's support. This time he will have more autonomy and support from center in all development projects.:biggthumpup:

12. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    I know very little about the political climate in Kerala, can you elaborate, especially on what the BJP is doing wrong? What is BJP doing wrong and what do they need to change in order to grow in Kerala?

For example, on some thread I remember you wrote that BJP would do well to rope in that top cop who came out with the sensational statements against Love Jihad etc in Kerala, but that he would never join BJP. Why is that?

13. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
  14. bharathp

Country Flag:
    India
    sreesanth (the IPL spot fixer cricketer) was contesting for BJP from that state.

15. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    Better late than never.

Hope you take this like a man @Guynextdoor

2019 for you is finished 100% now my friend (as if there is doubt after UP results). You congressis can enjoy laloo and his gang and stay out of power too....win-win for India.

Next stop is to finish off mufflerman once and for all.

What is best in life Conan? :devil:

Sam_, vstol jockey, Grevion and 2 others like this.