Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Nitish Kumar takes on Narendra Modi; hints at anti-Congress,non-BJP alliance in 2014

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by DaRk KnIght, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Re: Nitish Kumar takes on Narendra Modi; hints at anti-Congress,non-BJP alliance in 2

I had cooled already and said sorry for the lang. I used which is not due to our buddy Rcscwc.. it was some other guy on other forum which made me angry

1 person likes this.
  2. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Re: Nitish Kumar takes on Narendra Modi; hints at anti-Congress,non-BJP alliance in 2

Was the campere objective?

Come on. With unemployment of level of 1%, how can Gujarat be poorer than those where it is much more than even 10%. How can an employed persons be treated as destitute?
    Lols. 5 lakh Biharis, unemployed in Bihar, go to other states for job. Bihar stat of unemployment and poverty gets reduced, those of other states increases. That is harsh fact.

3. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Let us first understand the real situation
    We really cannot compare Gujarat and Bihar in present state of affairs.
    1. Gujarat has better communication systems for which the state is responsible, Roads, electricity, industrial growth.

2. To be fair to Bihar, Bihar has been ruled by crooked like Laloo prasad and family for well over 2 decades and thus during that time Bihar has actually "undeveloped" rather than developed. Thus if you take a Scale and look at a point 5 years before, Gujarat was already developing where as Bihar was already going down. Thus the comparison in this regard is not fair.

3. Due to the melting pot of "secular" politics in Bihar and law and order situation and other points, Bihar is not considered an investment friendly state, and Nitish is not to blame for it, but the past Rulers and also the perception that has been created as one of the corrupt states in India.

4. Gujarat had a leader whose aim was progress and pride of Gujaratis, NaMo does not have much to worry about the pleasing some minority groups. His view is that if there is development and growth and enough wealth created, then the majority and minority would disappear as for people who do not progress or see their progress hampered, they are often blaming others for their loss of opportunities and one of the point becomes their minority status. If you see in India, each caste or religious group can blame other for not progressing, but it is not the caste or the religion to blame. it is the mindset of people who fall into these traps, Thus if you want to make a person positive it is important he has opportunities and transparency so that he gets what is fair,

4. The Good thing about Bihar is that it has a lot of natural resources that can be used but is important to change the perception of investors and business who see Gujarat as a investment positive state and Bihar as not so investment positive state, and this process should take about 10-15 years more with the same speed and same leadership skills.

Let me give you guys an example. Before the second world war if you talked about technology, then the few countries that were on top were Germany , Great Britain, France, Italy, USA and Sweden. Japan that time was something like China, they were not tech savvy, and anything that was "made in japan" was considered cheap and a copy.
    But it is after the second world war when all was lost that some Japanese companies saw positives from the negatives and started to restructure, Mitsubishi, Itochu, Mitsui, Sanyo, Sony, Akai , Pioneer started their quest to move ahead.
    And now we trust japanese electronics and equipment more than others.

I see Bihar in same position as japan after second world war, they have potential they have resoures (japan had less) but one of the positive side is that Bihar has seen the bottom of the pit and they cannot go any below that, now the only way is to move up.

1 person likes this.
  4. rcscwc

#3. Melting pot should actually promote and encourage investment and generate employment.

What sort of melting pot is Bihar? Are caste and religious divides being pushed into background? NO. Nitish has fractured the masses much more than earlier. Maha dalit, ati dalit, extremely backwards etc are being coined.

#$. Bihar has lot of natural resources, much more than Gujarat. But why Nitish in 7 years has not shown much progress on power front? In less than 3 years, Gujarat achieved separation of grids and plugging of power thefts.

It boils down to this. You can first enlarge the cake like in Gujarat, or worry about dividing it like Nitish does. Which caste or religion should get what % of resources? Are the roads allotted on reservation basis, or are power connections given on reservation basis? Should there be reservation in drinking water? That is the so called Nitish Model. Good populism, but bad policies.

1 person likes this.
  5. rcscwc

#3. Melting pot should actually promote and encourage investment and generate employment.

What sort of melting pot is Bihar? Are caste and religious divides being pushed into background? NO. Nitish has fractured the masses much more than earlier. Maha dalit, ati dalit, extremely backwards etc are being coined.

#$. Bihar has lot of natural resources, much more than Gujarat. But why Nitish in 7 years has not shown much progress on power front? In less than 3 years, Gujarat achieved separation of grids and plugging of power thefts.

It boils down to this. You can first enlarge the cake like in Gujarat, or worry about dividing it like Nitish does. Which caste or religion should get what % of resources? Are the roads allotted on reservation basis, or are power connections given on reservation basis? Should there be reservation in drinking water? That is the so called Nitish Model. Good populism, but bad policies.

6. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

You are correct in your observation, but Gujarat is more mature state where people now vote for Development in General and for the people of their caste, group etc. Gujarat is very much Modi-centric, else Keshubhai patel would have eaten a big chunk of the votes,

Bihar on other hand does not have knowledgeable or mature voters, else there is no way that Laloo would be elected so many times inspite of not progressing at all. In fact his election symbol (LANTERN) is more or less a slap on the face of Bihar that your goodwill is not my priority, use lanterns,

The approach is different in view that
    MODI goes for development and work and knows that people will choose him because he is progressive,
    Nitish on other hand goes for mix of development and division (which he feels will make it easy for the government to deliver the sops) and rather than focus purely on development like in Gujarat, he is trying to attack and take the votebank of Paswan and Laloo and ensure that he stays in power.

So if we quote lines from Bhagvadgita... "karma kar, phal ki apeksha mat kar" Modi is following that path, but Nitish seems doing his karma looking at the fruit all the time..

1 person likes this.
  7. sam2012

sam2012 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

When nitish kumar was railway minister in Vajpayee cabinet there were news of only rail accident , hence he has to resign

Now in Bihar he did reasonably well , but he set bench marks that he is above Modi Gujarat is really insane & now wants to be named PM candidate under NDA

Imagine this joker becoming PM :hitwall: :facebalm:

8. TSUNAMI

TSUNAMI Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Bro I am not against biharies and bhiya log of UP but there is some problem in their attitude. Vote bank politics of Raj Thakre is working slowly bcz people here don't like these guys. In mumbai number of people from Gujrat and Rajasthan are much higher then of from UP and Bihar but these are cool and silent people so no body question abt them but when it comes to Bihari and UP's people general public don't like them not only in Maharashtra but in Rajasthan and Gujrat too, Only thing is in these states ruling parties are National parties not regional ones so no body get benefited counting crimes done by bhiya log. I am not saying all bihari are criminal but many criminal are from there. Point is if your own people do something in your own state no big issue but when outsiders mess up things every body creates issue. Raj Thakre is just playing his politics but its true that normal people here don't like North Indian. (And I am not mrathi I am North Indian actually from Rajasthan)

9. rcscwc

Developement and divisions in society do not mix well. Nitish must realise that divisiveness has limited appeal. How far the society can be divided even more than Bihar? Someone with an integrating approach is needed. Nitish can be that figure, but he missed the opportunity. Inclusive means for all not for this or that part, even if the parts added upto the whole. Bijli, pani, sadak etc cannot be divided among castes and communities. And they are the catalysts of change and developement. Modi had a vision and Nitish did not.

No doubt Nitish has done well, but unfortunately much below the potential, considering that he rode to power on public goodwill. He had the allround support of every category and caste. In the present casteist scenario created by Nitish, can you give one good reason why Brahmins, Thakurs, Bhumihars etc would continue their support. After all Nitish offers them nothing but more taxes.

In the last elections, BJP strike rate was significantly higher than that of JDU. They had seat division, but campaign was largely separate.

Modi has succeeded in linking himself with Gujarati pride, has Nitish done so?

PS: Lalu's symbol is lalten and true to his symbol he brought Bihar to lalten yuga.

10. The Drdo Guy

The Drdo Guy Captain SENIOR MEMBER

sir,the names of the netaji log and parties recommended by you is an overwhelming approach of your's.i would like a thread on this topic.As you mention congress as khan gress,mulayam as Mullah yam ha ha....sir plz start a thread on this for the made up names of politicians and their respective parties.it would be fun for all members of this forum.

11. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

I agree with you on this bro.... there was a dialogue in a movie.. UP bihar me 1 khar me 1 IAS, 2 neta aur 3 gangester paida hote hai( its little bit high from reality but the general message is truth).. we need a good govt. here who can crush all those gangesters for once as Maharastra police had done in maharastra... and then you will see the change in attittude...

here people are supporting Raja Bhaiya more then dead DSP... here Mukhtar ansari is still a hero for some sects, atik ahmad is a person whom people get proud here... and discuss how brave Shri Prakash shukla was that he was bale to fire with ak-47 in both hands... or how daring he was that he had taken the contract to kill the then CM kalyan singh... here people like these are heros and few fear them but most love them... it is due to anarchy we have here... its high time that we need a good govt. here in UP... you have no idea brother what the peace loving people of UP had given to have a CM like Modi or for that matter even Nitish.....

the issue of anarchy in UP is a very big and the gangsters running free should be put down...once this done.. you will see the change in attitute of people of UP and Bihar in just 1 decade... till then all is bad

1 person likes this.
  12. kewlol

kewlol 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

The most shame and sham part of SP that makes me puke is how they can be enemies a few months ago in the state election and become friends in a few months to render unconditional support without making an alliance. This is just political Bullshit at its best, i feel very bad for the people of UP and at the same time share their pain as well. They tried both the sides and yet they don't see any dawn breaking for them.

Most people are just longing for that one golden rule that would make their life just a bit better the next day. They don't ride on dreams nor ask for things very unrealistic of other people. Considering both the SP and BSP are killing the whole state is just so heartening. If a commener like me and everyone here could get to the top, we might change what people despise and shit at. We could take India back to the days of glory that it rightly deserves.

13. kewlol

Exactly my thought too. Its not just Bihari's i remember this guy starting a stupid thread about some messiah about brahmins are something. Ranting about your religion is no longer a fancy thing, they would just call you a fag if you do that. It just goes on to show how racial you are being. If you don't have the guts to see humans for what they are, then please don't participate in these threads. Just run along and create threads speaking about how brahmins conquered the globe and their glory that was never heard about.

Sorry about the rant, it just gets on my nerve when people of this mindset get into a thread just speak so low of others, while there is nothing more low their pathetic existence. I've take oath a 1000 times and i think if you really have even the slightest bit of humanity and nationality left in you, you won't accuse them for what they are. If given an opportunity just like you were given, they might surpass, you just be thankful that they are still there and you are still left to rock that chair of yours and speak low of them.

I just say this again, Brahmins are just humans and nothing more. If you wish to be treated like humans then start treating other people with love, if not you might not find light at the end of the tunnel. Just as everything has a cycle, you people would eventually cycle to the abyss one day and you don't want people to look at you and call you a lowlife. So show love and earn honor.

14. kewlol

The whole independence and things associated with it has nothing to do with people standing against british and gaining freedom. This is a big fat lie that our whole independent pride is built upon and that is one of the sole reason we are failing, we are telling ourselves that we are a soft state and we only believe in making peace. Keeping peace is important but that doesn't mean we need to be the failing child of everything. This whole farce of gandhi going shirtless and getting freedom for us is just a big lie.

yeah, people in india were taking the streets and doing all sort of things, but if this was the sole reason british left India why didn't they leave before? Gandhi started doing things in early 1900's and most other people were doing things even before. So why didn't british all that time didn't leave us and just left at the end of WWII?

The reason is out on the open and its for us to grab it. They failed big time on WWII, all their reserves was ravaged and they got a shit hand form the axis. If not for the Ruskies, British homeland would've have been a colony for the germans. So save their skin they just shrunk operations across the world and left back to their shithole. So we really didn't have anything significant to do to earn our freedom, yeah because of all that protesting and other things we left out even sooner then later. Either way it was inevitable that british left their colonies and went back to save their own hell.

Yet again, i am not saying that we shouldn't be proud of all those people who stood up against the british. Yeah they did things for us and they died for the nation. I am not discounting any of their efforts or calling any disgrace on any of them. They have done so much for our country which i could only dream of even doing. But still that doesn't change facts, being a rational i really can't put on that cloack of national pride and say that, just because we took to the streets and did certain things that they thought of leaving our nation and went back to honor the freedom of Indians.

On the first hand remember that the European countries are the most cold hearted people in the whole world. During the times of kings and monarchs, when a new land is conquered it is treated as their own land and the people their own citizens. While the european countries saw us only as piece of hardware to fight their wars and to create wealth for their crown. They didn't rule us, they salved us. So if they were that cold at heart, do you really think that anything kinda protest or agitation would change such people to leave the country.

Yet again, i am a sane person and a nationalist. I know there are a ton of nationalist who would not go with my facts and knowledge, i am not contesting them. I am just throwing open a window into what i really thought was the reason for all that happened, because in that false pride of us, we have hidden so many things and built a country which is now just considered the most crappy democracy. We need change, we need people to get back to their sense, think a sane way and see what is really at stake rather than bask in the false glory of 1947.

15. rcscwc

Mind your language. I cannot utter ad hominiem which are done thing with you.

Don't attack me, criticise and tear apart my post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.