Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Non Hindus in Hindu temples

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by rcscwc, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Non Hindus in Hindu temples

This controversy crops up periodically. Some major Hindu temples prohibit The entry of non Hindus. Period.

Questions:

1. Do non Hindus have a natural, human right of entry to Hindu temples?

2. Can you pass laws which empower muslims as MUSLIMS and xians as XIANS to enter a Hindu temple?

3. Will an "empowered" non Hindu worship as per Hindu traditions or his own religion?

2. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

When all Hindus can enter Churches it's not a good idea to ban non-Hindus from entering temples. The problem is some Hindus are so superstitious that they don't even allow lower class Hindu to enter their temples let alone people from other religion. weirdos is the word.:laugh:

1 person likes this.
  3. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    first of all no where in the shastras and puranas, it is written that a person should visit temple. sanatan dharma (contrary to popular belief) discourages idol worship. temples were built by great kings and scholars to show their affection/devotion to a particular god.

on topic, i see no harm in people from other religions entering temple if they are willing to follow the customs and traditions of that particular temple.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  4. rcscwc

Ever went into a church during service? Get FIRST hand experience. Behave like a HINDU in the church. Then come back and talk.

5. rcscwc

Where is the issue of reciprocity?

Even UNDHR does not create a such right. Do you know what is UNDHR?

A YAKHSa prashna. Have the Christians or Muslims demanded a right to entry into Hindu temples?

6. rcscwc

There are TRADITIONS too.

But, will a fundamentalist xian follow the traditions?

Go to a curch service, try to behave like a Hindu. Do it next Sunday, then come back.

7. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I've been to Church quite a few times during the service, even tried to play piano there once. Though I am from a Hindu religion I understand the true principles of Vedic Philosophy - that is we do not condemn nor deny any other religion. Even people with different faiths can practice Hinduism and still follow their own religion. But there are some weirdos who follow poorly understood principles of Hinduism which makes them feel they are superior.

8. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    yes i have been to a church. yes i behaved like a "Hindu" and there were no abnormal glances/references towards me.

i dont know wat kind of "hindu" u r trying to portray?

Yes i do agree, a fundamentalists might use this opportunity to incite communal riots so the issue needs to be deeply thought about.

i have muslims friends and they have been wid me to varansi, Jagannath puri and many other places. the people do give a second look but wen they see that they r observing full customs and traditions, all glances return back to their original direction.

9. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Is upto the individual temple management or trustees to decide in line with traditional practises regarding non-Hindus.

But for Hindus who are from SCs they should be allowed to enter the temple whatever the practise till now is.

10. rcscwc

But, apart from the rhetorics, do non Hindus have natural rights to enter Hindu temples? Are they demanding this right?

11. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Principle of Equality !!

12. rcscwc

What equality? Equality is among equals, not non equals. That is our const.

13. Observer

Observer 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

You statement "Going to a church and behaving like a Hindu" makes no sense. Every religious place have certain rules and regulations to follow. Ok if some one purposefully goes to others religious place with the intention of disrupting, harming or creating problem then Obviously there will be a resistance from its followers.
    There is no problem is going to church during service. Provided one goes to pray and be a humble observer.

14. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Do Hindus qualify for Haj subsidy?

15. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Exactly, and in the same light a few temples, very few in the entire world bar entry to non-Hindus. Non-hindus can enter in most Hindu temples without a bar.

Even constitution of India respects the rituals and traditions of these ancient temples and has rested the decision to allow entry of non-Hindus at the discretion of temple management and devotees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.