Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Non Hindus in Hindu temples

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by rcscwc, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

After all that cacaphony, will someone please tell us how non Hindus get a natural right to enter Hindu temples?

2. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

It Depends on how you define a Hindu.
    As far as I know there is no definition of who is a Hindu!!

3. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

But, there is a definition of who is a Sanatani.

Secondly, since the temples in question have their presiding deitis, the person who wants to enter has to ask and answer to himself and others does he believe in the deity as a god? If the answer is no, he has no business in being there. If the answer is yes, then yes, his entry can be considered.

Got it?

4. chachachoudhary

No non-Hindus or all non-believers in the presiding deity do not have any right natural or acquired to enter a Hindu temple. They themselves should stay away as there are many other spots for picnic and sightseeing.

However, if a person expresses his faith in the presiding deity as a GOD, then yes he should be allowed.

5. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I don't see any wrong to deny any one Hindu or non-Hindu entry to TEMPLE all we need is good security to isolate potential terrorists getting in with bomb or gun.

And all Temple don't restrict Non-Hindu i have went to at least 4 Temple with my Non-Hindu friends and no problem in it, In fact there is a Ram Temple in my area the poojari is a good friend of my friend who is non-Hindu nothing strange.

Then @ topic The reason why the management or other who object is
    1) They fear that non-Hindu may not honor or obey the practices followed in Temple.

2) And 2nd most important if just 1 yes just 1 non-Hindu does any thing unusual in Temple and provokes other and gets beaten up by devotee then that would erupt into great problem but a Hindu who gets beaten up due to some of his wrong action may be easily managed with.

But as i see in this 21st era we must find ways to eliminate such problem and all must be allowed in.

6. chachachoudhary

See, there is a simple answer to this.

Sanatan dharma or Vedic dharma believes that ALL GODS ARE EQUAL AND ONLY TEACHERS WHO TEACH US TO REACH TO HIM are different.

Now, if somebody thinks that no only his religion is only religion, his god is only god, his way of worship is true worship will have no respect for the "god" in the temple.

So, in this case, he has no right to entry into the temple. SIMPLE

7. kingsiyaka

kingsiyaka 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

As long as they are not stopping people from going into Churches or Mosques, fine by me.

8. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Please Learn to know RoYaN

Article 25 (2)(b) of the Constitution stipulates that “the reference to Hindus shall be construed as including a reference to persons professing the Sikh, Jain or Buddhist religion†The Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 goes in greater detail to define this “legal Hinduâ€, by stipulating in Section 2 that the Act applies:

2 people like this.
  9. chachachoudhary

Question: During which time period in indian history, the entry was banned into Shri Jagannath Puri temple for Non-hindus?

Answer: During the period of British Raj. British collector Mr. C. Grome in 1805 banned the entry of non-hindus into Puri temple of orissa.

Many more interesting facts to follow......

10. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    My understanding is that it is not merely non-Hindus, but to be admitted and allowed to perform "puja" one must belong to the right cast.

11. kingsiyaka

kingsiyaka 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Differs temple to temple.

12. chachachoudhary

Are Ahmadiyyas allowed to enter into all mosques?

13. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

"Aaasindo sindhu paryantham yasyabharatha bhoomikah
    Mathrubhuh pithrubhoochaiva sah vai hindurithismrithaah "

whoever considers the land of Bharatha Bhoomi between Saptha Sindhu and the Indian Ocean as his motherland and fatherland is known as Hindu.

14. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

15. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Never heard of a church that would not allow everybody in, would not seem like a christian church if they did not allow ever body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.