Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Non Hindus in Hindu temples

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by rcscwc, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

The Church of Scotland Seoni Madhya Pradesh 480661.

2. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    1.Anybody can enter a mosque if he is clean, decently attired and bare feet. Only Muslims enter to pray.

2. Mosque is not to be confused with a temple. A mosque is designed not only for congregational prayers but also for other social functions/discussions. For instance, the religious formality of a wedding is preferred to be performed here. In the early days of Islam, the Caliph used to perform his work of governance mostly from a mosque.

3. I know why you mention the Ahmadyas. They are not Muslims. They have their own place of worship. They cannot go for Hajj. GOI has allowed them to hold their own equivalent of Hajj at Qadyian which they have named "Al Aqsa al Mashriq".

3. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

That is a rare exception!! All catholic and 99% of protestant churches have no such rules.

4. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

My question was simple. Are ahmadiyas allowed to enter in all mosques, which ever they want. Some members here said nonmuslims are allowed in mosques and you are saying Ahmadiyas are nonmuslims. So, by this logic, they should be allowed entry into mosques.

A temple should not be confused with a mosque. Unlike any religion, in Hindu temples, we do Pranprathistha i.e. we hindus believe that god actually comes and resides in the deity. So, its purity is of utmost importance.

Now, the topic of this debate is non-hindus entry into hindu temples. You said ahmadiyas have their own places of worship. So, are all non-hindus.

See, it is very easy to come and find fault with others, but it will always be advisable to first look inside and see if you yourself need to put your own house in order before pointing fingers at others.

5. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

So, the temples in questions are also few exceptions. There are thousands of Hindu temples open for all.

6. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

But it does exist. :whistle:

7. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Pity, nobody is willing to rise above religions and dogmas.:angel:

8. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

What is dogmatic about it? Pray tell me. Kindly tell me how non Hindus have a natural right of entry into Hindu temples? Let church leaders or AIMPLB make demand first.

muddai sust, gavah chust.

9. rcscwc

Sure. Only Hindus enter temples to pray.

Almost same for temples too.

So do all non Hindus.

But beauty is muslims are not clamouring for entry.

10. uptotrix

Because it says so in the Hindu scriptures, widely established in the advaita philosophy and then also said by Krishna (whom Hindus believe as God).

11. rcscwc

Where did advaita permit of non Hindus.? When did Krishna say so? Does Gita even once mention a temple? There were no Buddhists in Krishn's time. For temple entry, Buddhists, Jains and Sikhs are not banned.

Please show us that non Hindus have natural rights in this regard.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  12. uptotrix

If you understood the gist of Hinduism you wouldn't talk like this. This is not about temple worship, it's bigger than that. All ancient vedic philosophies do not distinguish people by religion or cast whether it be Advaita or Isopanishad or Gita. When Krishna himself said "every religion is like a string of pearls to me", it shows the you have a problem in understanding the basis of hinduism, you are confining places of worship to temples.

13. Galaxy

Galaxy Captain SENIOR MEMBER

One has to always remember one point: When Vedas or Hinduism started there was no Other religion existed. That's why there is nothing about other religion.

14. rcscwc

News to me Krishna ever talked of religions.

But what do you want to prove?

15. uptotrix

of course it has a news to you, why else would you argue? I'm saying your religion is not discriminatory but discrimination occurs only when its poorly understood. Read this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.