Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Non Hindus in Hindu temples

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by rcscwc, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxy

Galaxy Captain SENIOR MEMBER

This is not correct. How can lord Krishna talked about any other religion when no other religion existed at the time ??.........Hinduism is the oldest religion followed by Judaism/Zoroastrian/Buddhism (after thousand years)

2. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

He mentioned various beliefs and sects, which in-turn called religions by modern speakers.

"I am in every religion as a thread through a string of pearls."
    Bhagavad Gita

source

3. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

And you a non Hindu knows more about Hinduism than a Hindu does? What airs!!

Lols. Some far fetched "translation". Chapter ? Verse please, Mr Know all? Btw, Gita has no reference to any pearls or sects or different beliefs.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  4. uptotrix

I certainly know more than you do about Hinduism, have you ever opened a vedic book in your life? And you are questioning the authority of Krishna, who was quoted by Vivekananda in his speech. Go bother someone else you prejudiced prick.

5. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    You have answered all your questions yourself. Let us not peek into each other's house. But I cannot find any finger here. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  6. Galaxy

Galaxy Captain SENIOR MEMBER

You need to read again........All beliefs and sects were of Hinduism only. There are 1,000 of such ritual within Hinduism. By the way, I have never heard about such translation. It's next to impossible to talk about any other religion when No other religion existed.....I don't think it's too hard to understand.

7. uptotrix

First of all you don't understand what Hinduism is all about, Hinduism is not a religion in the first place- its a set of various theories, rituals and beliefs all combined into one religion called Hinduism. Therefore, even if the various theories contradicts each other -they are inducted into hinduism. For instance: dwita and advaita philosophies are totally different yet they are in the realm of hinduism. Buddhism doesn't encourage belief in God yet it is in sync with advaita philosophy. Hinduism is all about non-discriminatory nature of the texts which ensures all religions are equal.

8. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Question of discrimination arises only when some natural human rights are violated. Can you show if non Hindus have such rights about temple entry? Say yes or no. If it YES, then let non Hindus petition the SC.

Even non discrimination too has certain limits.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  9. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Do not try to teach Hinduism to Hindus by reading books by leftists and foreign authors. Geeta is not about confrontation between religions but the confrontationl between Dharma and Adharma.

Please quote the sanskrit verse from geeta to prove your statement that all religions are string of pearls.

Leave aside the Vedas, upanishadas, our religious scriptures gives freedom for one to believe whatever god he believes or do not believe in god at all. So, temples were built by individuals or groups of individuals depending on their beliefs. So, the question is IS THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WANTS TO ENTER THE TEMPLE BELIEVES IN THE DEITY AS A GOD? IF THE ANSWER IS YES, THEN HE QUALIFIES. IF THE ANSWER IS NO, THEN HE/SHE HAS NO BUSINESS IN THAT TEMPLE.

IS THIS QUESTION TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

WILL MUSLIMS, CHRISTIANS WHO WANT TO ENTER TEMPLE AGREE THAT THEY BELIEVE IN THE DEITY AS A "GOD" OR WILL THEY STICK TO THE TEACHING OF THEIR RELIGION THAT THERE IS NO OTHER GOD OTHER THAN THEIRS?

The constitution of India safeguards Hindus's beliefs and mandates for all the persons related to a particular religious institutions to "EXPRESS" their faith in the deity of the temple.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bang Galore

Bang Galore Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

^^^^^

I find myself in rare agreement with chachachoudhary on this one. As long as there is no caste discrimination (which is an intra-Hindu issue), I see no reason to object to any rule in individual temples preventing the entry of non-Hindus. I personally am not in favour of a ban but I do understand the logic behind it. This is a place of belief & those with no belief (of the specific deity) can claim no automatic right of entry. The argument here is basically silly. Hindu holy sights can, by definition be holy only to Hindus. Can see how the presence of known "unbelievers" can be both distracting & irritating. Any entry allowed is a privilege & cannot be asserted as a right.

11. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Yaaaapppppppp..........that's pretty much the reason why Hinduism doesn't grow. This sort of self righteous arrogance tends to stifle it. Unlike hindusim, the church allows ALL people to enter, whether they believe in the christ or not. You know why? Because they still consider the need to propogate their relegion as a very important part of their mission. They think that once you start becoming a part of their day to day community there is a higher chance that you might become a part of their relegion. The price of your attitude? The non hindus will say, 'ok fine, I thought it'll be a different experience, and a different relgion, but if your stuck up on it it's ok'. They have nothing to lose, but then neither does hinduism gain anything. If you aren't taking the effort of communicating your relegion, then don't expect it to grow.

12. tariqkhan18

tariqkhan18 Major Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    If Hinduism doesn't allow people of other religions than non-Hindus shouldn't be allowed.

But how do you enforce it when you have no idea about their faith (what they believe in?)

13. uptotrix

No, Hinduism allows people of all religions, it's not discriminatory- but there are obvious fanatics:wink:

1 person likes this.
  14. uptotrix

They don't have to believe it, that's the beauty of Hinduism- it accommodates for all people with different beliefs. But that's not the goal of Hinduism. I will quote to you from Vivekananda who was the expert on Vedanta philosophy.

So basically I would say you are blinded by hatred and your own self-inflated superiority- if you call yourself a Hindu then I believe you haven't even passed nursery in it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  15. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

The Church of Scotland Seoni MP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.