Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Over 25,000 MoUs signed at Vibrant Gujarat 2017 Summit

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by Gessler, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Gessler

Gessler Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    French aircraft maker Airbus intends to set up a manufacturing facility in the State

[​IMG]

Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar, Gujarat - The Venue for VB17

GANDHINAGAR: More than 25,000 Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) were inked at the three-day Vibrant Gujarat Summit, which ended on Thursday.

Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel said that 25,578 MoUs were signed by various departments and entities of the government with private investors and corporates. Out of these, 18,533 are in the small and medium enterprises sector.

However, the State government has not given the figure of total investments pledged by the investors.

One of the major agreements was with French aircraft maker Airbus, who intends to set up a manufacturing facility in the State. However, according to State government sources, the MoU with Airbus will be implemented only if the company gets a contract with the Defence Ministry for supply of military aircraft and choppers.

Gujarat Chief Secretary Dr. J.N. Singh said the Airbus officials visited the proposed site in Dholera SIR and discussed the project details with Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.

Most MoUs signed at the summit are for expansion of existing projects in the State. Even Central government entities like the Indian Railways, nationalised banks and Public Sector Undertakings have signed MoUs for expansion of their existing projects or providing credit to the industries in Gujarat.

The Indian Railways has signed an MoU pledging investment of Rs. 67,000 crore for the Ahmedabad-Mumbai bullet train project, which was announced in the railway budget.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...at-Vibrant-Gujarat-Summit/article17030400.ece

+++

So I believe the Airbus tie-ups with Tata (fixed-wing, C-295W) and Mahindra (rotary-wing, H225M & Panther likely) could come up at Dholera*?

*Dholera Special Investment Region (SIR) is a manufacturing hub planned to come up as part of the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).

@Abingdonboy @randomradio @PARIKRAMA @Picdelamirand-oil @halloweene

2. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Pretty much what we already knew (subject to an order, Airbus is going to set up local production in India) but now we can suspect this/they would be located in Gujarat, the Dholera Special Investment Region (SIR) would be an obvious candidate as the DFC will offer direct, swift and reliable freight links to ports and other manufacturing hubs.

+ that is a freaking awesome looking building:

Grevion, PARIKRAMA, Pundrick and 6 others like this.
  3. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    High praise indeed:

4. Pundrick

Pundrick Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    SIR is in bit of trouble right now, the govt officials are trying their best for the land acquisition but looking at the plight of some of the farmers in gandhinagar after they gave up their land for GIFT project, some of the locals in Dholera are pulling away. The recent EIA was completely failure and the land owners were affected by some of the NGOs.

The local officials are also hunting for some of the NGOs who gave some wrong info about the conditions of the youth in Gandhinagar. Lets hope the govt gets it done on time. BTW GIFT city is in full swing and progressing at very good pace.

Grevion, R!CK, PARIKRAMA and 2 others like this.
  5. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    NGOs still are playing these games? Hope the GoI keeps going after the funding of these foreign interest groups.

PARIKRAMA and Pundrick like this.
  6. Pundrick

Country Flag:
    India
    Yup bro, the intellectual mafia is very much active even today.

BTW I got this info from one of the faculty who also runs a part-time NGO, mostly politically influenced. The faculty is strongly against policies of Modi govt(even against #GiveItUp movement:angry:), even when he was CM of Gujarat. But I enjoy having verbal altercation with him. :azn:

PARIKRAMA and Abingdonboy like this.
  7. Gessler

Gessler Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    A couple new buildings have come up (right) -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Underground work (tunnels, pipelines, power, etc.) seems to have achieved significant milestones. Construction continues...the building of the supertalls should begin this year -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's a looooooong way to go though -

[​IMG]

Grevion, R!CK, BlackOpsIndia and 3 others like this.
  8. Gessler

Gessler Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Find an opportune moment, and kill him.

9. Pundrick

Country Flag:
    India
    Yup I am a regular visitor and my cousin works there for a construction company, so I often go there. The project is ambitious and I hope it gives good returns.

PARIKRAMA and Abingdonboy like this.
  10. Pundrick

Country Flag:
    India
    Thnx for the advice bro, but he is my guru and also a powerful guy. Not physically but as a well known person. In fact he knows many BJP politicians personally.:agree:

But interesting thing about him is that he follows RSS principles, yup he is not married and won't marry in future either and works for the society. So I respect him for that. :yes:

PARIKRAMA, Gessler and Schwifty like this.
  11. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Angel or Devil? Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    After being extensively in Gujarat for a good part of my life, I am always delighted to find Gujarat still.marching ahead .. unlike the south of India where IT boom helped a lot, for Gujarat a good part of time was only about textiles, diamonds, chemicals and pharma.. over the time the manufacturing base has blossomed.. blessed with very hard working people and business conducive environment, the state of Gujarat is like a phoenix.. never write them off bcz the state and its people will always come out stronger year after year..

I only worry as always with Vibrant Gujarat is MOU signed to actual translation of such Agreements to real projects and real investments.. When they do, which by and large is actually a laggard, the impacts will.be seen over a period of time.. and it's an awesome achievement that last decade Vibrant Gujarat has kind of set a benchmark for all other states to attract investment...

SIR is a good location but having failed to pass LAB at center, and with many fringe groups inciting ppl not to give up land easily, I seriously see road ahead to have some challenges..

What I would like to see is dedicated 4-6 way road ways with bypass to major cities connecting Dholera SIR to Mumbai Delhi Corridor and also connecting to other places where local MIC is present.. a Freight corridor line will also do wonders... With local trains connecting to major hubs..

A day would come when Mumbai Ahmedabad Bullet Train should roll out and ppl from any city in that route have skilled ppl who work in D SIR and commute daily without any hassles.. let's hope for the best..

Next to see what other states do..

PS- Someone pls wake eastern part of India up.. seems these states are still in flintstone age as compared to marching done by states like Gujarat, Maharashtra etc

Pundrick, Gessler, Darth Marr and 3 others like this.
  12. Gessler

Gessler Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    With CMs like Didi in place.....kindly kiss goodbye to any hopes of economic development & progress in society. These type of politicians know only two words in English - VOTE BANK.

13. Pundrick

Country Flag:
    India
    I think its not about a politician but the whole state is responsible for their fate. If Gujarat & Maharashtra are growing and developing then it is just bcoz of the people of this state has progressive thoughts and they give more power to empowerment of human being, rather than the right based approach in some of the states.

Didi is also trying her best to lure some of the companies in the state but the Singur incident has hurt her badly and she has lost her reputation among the capitalist community. But if even after this things she gets elected then it shows that the majority of people in WB are not ready for the Gujarat/Maharashtra kind of model for development. But they are even not following the Kerala model of development either which is a worry.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  14. Sathya

Sathya Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Spice jet is buying Boeing jets for about 22billion $ ,
    Why are not making use of make in India ?

15. Ghanta

Ghanta 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    $22 billion is just the sticker price. The real price after discounts is $11billion. The discount was applicable only due to high numbers and current downturn in aviation industry. This also contains options which they might/not trigger in future. Make in India would have cost more in this case for spicejet.

Sathya likes this.