Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

PAK-FA 5th Generation Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by tariqkhan18, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Gessler

Gessler Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
  2. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Had high hopes for the Parrikar fellow.

But lately he is just screwing around making sarcastic comments. But ok ok, being patient.

3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Parrikar is right. why must we bail out Kamov factory by giving them orders for a helicopter which we do not need? LUH is ready and has better potential compared to Ka series which Russia wants to thrust on us. We must call their bluff and refuse the whole deal. I now have very strong doubts on NaMo as he seems to be giving away what Parrikar is bringing to India.

4. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Many people haven't yet figured out that Parrikar has been the best thing that's happened to India since Narasimha Rao.

Hephaestus likes this.
  5. dralokarya

dralokarya IDF NewBie

I think both karmov and luh are necessary . As kamov have twin engine it have a safety margin . And wide variety of detachable equipment made it fit for various operation for which luh have go long mile . If India get kamov for price justifiable , 100 tot including miletry grade rivet , nut bolt , fastner etc etc manufacturing tot , with a good deal from France on engine manufacturing , what is loos in it . Expert comment sir .

Inactive likes this.
  6. ranadd

Country Flag:
    India
    How so?

7. lexa

lexa FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    do you think it will happen together with super-sukhoi contract? not after?
    what part of development do you expect in India?

8. randomradio

He's changed the entire naksha of our procurement. India is going to switch from a weapons importer to a weapons exporter. What Political and Defence PSU Chiefs used to say would take 30 years to achieve, he's built the road map for it in less than 2 years. By the time the next elections come, India's defence imports will only be 35% of the procurement budget versus 70% when he started.

He's raised the Su-30 availability, forced Russia to change their laws so we can directly negotiate with their companies for procurement of spares. He's now working out a system with the Russians for FGFA where we will get maximum benefit, much more than the Brahmos program, much more than what the UPA had negotiated for.

Of course, we all know how well the fighter aircraft programs are progressing now. The current Rafale deal was a master stroke, Modi's deal was flawed. Before the next elections, he's going to initiate multiple MII programs in various sectors.

Then there's the strategic front, we are way better than before when it comes to radars, BMD, ballistic missiles and indigenization of related tech.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  9. randomradio

Super Sukhoi will happen much later. It will use FGFA tech, so we must sign the FGFA deal first.

Super Sukhoi configuration negotiations have recently started, so it will take at least 1 year to finalize. FGFA negotiations are almost complete. So we may expect signature over the next few months. Most likely in April-June period, that's our first quarter, so new budget.

Aero India starts on Feb 14th. Hopefully some information will come out then.

Cockpit and related tech, except flight suit and seat. Small airframe modifications. The entire software for sensors will be rewritten. IFF, communications, datalinks, mission computers. It's only 15-25% of the total R&D share. Engine, radar, EW will be Russian.

But it will improve as and when newer variants are made. So the next modernized version may have full 50% share.

lca-fan likes this.
  10. lexa

lexa FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    Ok, thanks. Maybe we will know some milestone dates :coffee:

11. ranadd

Country Flag:
    India
    I can see you speak of how things will be.

That's what I also said few posts back. Being patient. Lets see what he did in a year or two.

12. randomradio

It's already begun. He's already reduced imports to 60% of the procurement budget. He's opened up the ammunition industry to the private sector also.

I've spoken of what he's already changed and what we can look forward to.

13. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Please amend to what the Political and Defence PSU Chiefs ... Military Chiefs have no such role. Out of personal experience I can assure you that the biggest enemy we have is the politician and the bureaucrat ... and their inherent corruption ... after that come the Defence PSUs.

In 2009 I had posted about the blueprints of FH-77 B lying with OFB since 1987 in the other place. Then, Indian members had been incredulous on my claims. Rest is the proverbial history.

Similarly, MIRVs were achieved in 2003, and yet you have threads running ruing the fact that India does not have MIRVs. If India could launch multiple satellites, India could launch MIRVs. The testing of the vehicles was done in late 90s and perfected with weaponisation of certain missiles by 2012.

Elsewhere there is a talk of Agni-6, well, I will say make that Agni-12 with MIRVs (upto 8 - 12 depending on series) and if Agni 6 is 6000, make it 12k for 12000. The same exist. Irrespective of the present requirement, we have a certain number for the range as mentioned. The bulk is sub-8K range for obvious reasons.

14. randomradio

You are right. Changed it.

I agree. What do you think they are afraid of?

I think these guys are a real problem.
    http://www.firstpost.com/india/pm-m...he-bureaucracys-stalling-tactics-2602444.html

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...relic-of-british-raj/articleshow/56750877.cms

Inactive likes this.
  15. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Bang on. This govt is bad as it is hurting the lethargic and corrupt. It is not ideal government but it is, nevertheless, a working one.

Generations of "sarkari naukars" being "daamaad" has rendered the system defunct. Now it hurts as the rust creeks due to move.