Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pak-occupied Kashmir shown as 'Azad Kashmir' in CBSE book

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by KAUTILYA, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAUTILYA

KAUTILYA Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Pak-occupied Kashmir shown as 'Azad Kashmir' in CBSE book
    PTI | Apr 22, 2012, 07.59PM IST

NEW DELHI: In a faux pas, an exercise book prescribed for class three students at an Army school in Srinagar has depicted Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (PoK) as " Azad Kashmir".

The controversy surfaced three days ago when it was found that the map practice exercise book for schools run by Army Education Welfare Society showed PoK as "Azad Kashmir".

"As soon as the discrepancy was noticed, the Society withdrew the books," sources in Army said today.

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has, however, distanced itself from the controversy by maintaining that the exercise book in question was brought out by a private publisher and not of the NCERT which it prescribes for class one to class eight students.

When asked to comment on the faux pas, CBSE Chairman Vineet Joshi said the Board has "Nothing to do with it".

"We prescribe only NCERT textbooks for class one to eight students. This book which is being talked about is of a private publisher," he told PTI.

Asked to comment on the issue, BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, "if it was a deliberate act, then it is a very dangerous thing as Jammu and Kashmir is a sensitive area. Even if it is mistake, the Centre should look into the controversy...the Government of India should take immediate steps to check a repeat of such incidents."

Pak-occupied Kashmir shown as 'Azad Kashmir' in class three text book - The Times of India

2. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Shows that our Marxist/sickulars have a lonnng rerach.

Calls for an enquiry.

3. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

What's written in the text book wont change much, it is called 'Azad Kashmir' and is part of Pakistan.
    We call J&K by it's name not J&K.

Both countries should end the Kashmir dream, it's too late.

4. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

Then will pakistan accept the LOC as International border?

5. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Correction, will the military accept LOC as an international border?*

Not soon, fact is that there are those in either countries who strongly believe that Kashmir should belong to them.
    Fact is that it's too late fro land grab opportunities witnessed decades ago, Kashmir is now integrated into the rest of Indian and Pakistani society.

It's just my view that Kashmir should be left as it is in terms of who controls what, I would like LOC declared and international border, and demilitarisation, followed by an end to the violence in Kashmir.

6. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

I comprehend that there has been lot of influence of army on Pakistan government/ Politics. But I want to add the democratic value to the issue so I used over all word Pakistan.

However now this problem is being on larger dimension as Kashmiri Separatist are also emerging as third party between INDIA & Pakistan. Now both countries has to do some amount of negotiation with them also.

I quite agree with your view that Kashmir should be left as it is in terms of who controls what. However for better solution of Kashmir overall. I can say that both countries should reciprocally need to concur that LOC as permanent IB. And Pakistan should termed this problem bilateral only no need to bring another country or movement in this problem. Then and then we can see a permanent solution to this problem. Thus can bring the peace between these two countries.

By the way , want to understand how the Pakistan military is viewing this?

7. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Your army has already accepted it as the international border. I have argued previously that all indications are that behind the scenes there has been an agreement to this effect. Both goverments are now spending time preparing public opinion to accept it and eventually they'll let it out. I think India is largely ok with status quo. Pak is where the problem is...'liberating' J&K has been hyped up so much that turning back that tide is nothing less than herculean.

1 person likes this.
  8. KAUTILYA

KAUTILYA Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

This entire controversy is not about why PoK has been depicted as Azad Kashmir and not as is usually shown in India!!But the whole argument is based on a very much valid notion that how can you call it Azad??Azad from whom,if from India,then I dont think that by Azadi the Kashmiri's mean Azadi from India only but from Pakistan as well,not a single Kashmiri atleast in PoK wants to be a part of Pak having borne the brunt once :hitwall:,they want a different autonomous state of their own and the PoK that is been talked about is under the control of the GoP so how can you call it Azad?? At the most we could acknowledge it as PoK and not Azad Kashmir and all that BS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.