PAK SUB SANK due to unknown reasons in 1971’

Discussion in 'Military History & Strategy' started by Nick 779, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Nick 779

Nick 779 SENIOR MEMBER

SOURCE: ASIAN AGE

Former Navy chief Admiral (retd.) Arun Prakash on Tuesday said the Pakistani submarine PNS Ghazi sank due to “unknown reasonsâ€￾ during the 1971 Indo-Pak war. He was speaking at a seminar on Army aviation in the city. The Indian Navyhad maintained during and after the 1971 war that the Pakistani submarine was sunk near Visakha-patnam by its warship INS Rajput which had fired at it. But the episode of sinking of the PNS Ghazi on December 3, 1971, remains shrouded in mystery.

Indian Naval officers who saw action in the 1971 war have said that on December 3, the INS Rajput detected disturbances in a patch of the Bay of Bengal and fired following which a deafening blast was heard. This was very close to the position where the wreck of the submarine was recovered. But some other Indian naval officers have speculated that the PNS Ghazi, to avoid detection, could have crash dived in the ocean following which a fire could have broken out on board resulting in its destruction.
    Meanwhile, speaking at the same seminar on Army aviation, defence minister A.K. Antony said the ministry of defence would help in “reconciliationâ€￾ within the armed forces (Army and Air Force in this case) when it came to force enhancement of aviation assets. “Although you (Army aviation corps) are going in for force accretion, while enhancing your capabilities and performing your role, you must ensure that there is perfect synergy between the Army and Air Force. … In your attempt at arriving at reconciliation, I will try to play a limited role in finding such reconciliation,â€￾ the defence minister declared.
    The seminar was attended by both Mr Antony and Army Chief Gen. V.K. Singh.
  2. Nick 779

Nick 779 SENIOR MEMBER

It is all speculation. The PNS Ghazi which was leased from the US was following INS Vikrant and was lying in ambush near Vizag. The destroyer INS Rajput detected the sub and fired depth charges, following which Ghazi dived and sunk in the explosion.
  3. Enigma

Enigma FULL MEMBER

who cares as long as the ship wreckage is providing safe artificial coral home to so many fishes. please don't RUST in piece.
  4. Kronus

Kronus SENIOR MEMBER

Coincidentally my father had gone fishing that day in the same waters, and he had told me later that something got stuck in his fishing rod so he gave it a jerk which was followed by an explosion. Now I know that his story was true. :haha::haha::sarcastic:
    1 person likes this.
  5. Hammad Khan

Hammad Khan FULL MEMBER

now you know, your father is a liar evidently :lol::lol::lol:
  6. itsnotmyid

itsnotmyid REGISTERED

i think indian navy wont disclose the real incident may be cause confidentiality but even if it was an accident then i believe Allah was on indian side during war
  7. UNAM

UNAM FULL MEMBER

it was a submarine not a tiny boat, how it is possible that the reason is unknown.
  8. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Field Marshal Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Indian Navy Sunk it,
    thats all i care about it,
    dont care much further.
  9. tariqkhan18

tariqkhan18 Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    1. Sunk by depth charges.
    2. Exploded by its own mines.

What are the other versions?
  10. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Field Marshal Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Option 1 gets my vote
    1 person likes this.
  11. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor SENIOR MEMBER

Does it make a difference? In the end, it was we who sunk it. Know why? Bad luck POURS on them when they mess with us. Looking at how dumb they were God himself decided to sink it.
  12. Hammad Khan

Hammad Khan FULL MEMBER

have some respect for the fallen, we dont say how dumb those 5 indians pilots were that they let themselves killed by one man MM alam in less then one minute in 65
  13. ManuSankar

ManuSankar SENIOR MEMBER

Wow easy,try not to hurt others feelings.
  14. JonAsad

JonAsad REGISTERED

Why india not allowing for the recovery of the wreckage?-
    Daal mein kuch kala hai-
  15. naveenp

naveenp FULL MEMBER

how funny Pak sub headed straight towards VIZAG, great to hear that.