Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pakistan accuses that RAW kidnaps retired Pakistan Army officer from Nepal

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by NKVD, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Darth Marr

Darth Marr Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I guess he could not hold himself from bragging...

vnh5jq.jpg vnh5jq.jpg

2. The Lockean

The Lockean 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It may also be deliberate ruse to divert the expertise of the said gentleman to an unrelated area.

One need recall that retired Pakistani troops had been reportedly embedded into the ISIS to bolster it's fighting capabilities in Syria.

SrNair and PARIKRAMA like this.
  3. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    If he was involved in/going to be involved in activities detrimental to the security and interests of India, this is an excellent preventive catch. And if this is a multifold payback for the stunt Pakistan pulled with Kulbhushan Yadav, even better...

It is good to finally see India's defense and intelligence arms empowered by a Central Gvt to respond tit for tat to Pakistan's nefarious activities.

4. The Lockean

Country Flag:
    India

I seriously doubt that.

There is no tangible gain from pulling such a stunt off for own asset lost earlier. However, if the 'harvest' of information after 'debrief' from the officer is of value, then it might be possible that the action could have been initiated by India. But I find it slightly indigestible.

Any such act will leave our own officer cadre, both serving and retired, vulnerable to "snatch" operations. That is an aspect that every organisation - military or intelligence, carefully considers. The commensurate loss of own assets in terms of retired officers being snatched in a foreign location and being 'debriefed' locally at a safehouse, is too big a risk to actually pull something like this off.

I do not, however, rule out a deliberate ploy by Pakistani Intelligence Services of sub-contracting the Officer out to some "black op" / agency.

5. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    I agree that normally a country like India wouldn't do something like this, but let's remember that Pakistan set the precedent by kidnapping our ex officer first. So clearly, just because India is not engaging in this sort of shadow warfare doesn't mean Pakistan won't do such things, then the only question left for India is to respond or not respond.

And I imagine that letting Pakistan get away with doing what they did, by refusing to respond, would really only embolden them to do such things again in the future. On the other hand, if this is an approved retaliation, then it sends a clear message to Pakistan and gives us crucial leverage in the Yadav case.

6. Darth Marr

Country Flag:
    India
    His entire life has been in intelligence, if we did catch him. Then this is a huge find...

Attached Files:

7. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I love it. Let the Pakistanis taste their own medicine.

PARIKRAMA, SrNair, Scotlander and 2 others like this.
  8. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    He was active in ISI between 2008-09. that is when 26/11 happened. Is he the col sahib that those terrorists were speaking to in Pakistan. RAW probably identified him thru his voice analysis using the phone call he had with this so called employer. Rest is a spy thriller. We can expect a few more such pick ups very soon. Seems RAW is now doing what MOSSAD does-Execute the opposition.

9. Darth Marr

Country Flag:
    India
    His entire life has been in intelligence, check the image attached to the previous post.

PARIKRAMA and Scotlander like this.
  10. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Espionage is a act of great importance in information and intelligence...
    First there is no proof that India has done it.
    Mere speculation creates a controversy between as Pak are doing it then what is stopping other countries from doing it back.

We still rue on the chances RAW could have become if Mr. Sastri has not initiated the dismantling of RAW intelligence outfit in other countries. It has pegged India back to decades in security and intelligence.

whitebeard, PARIKRAMA and SrNair like this.
  11. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Great leverage to retrieve Kulbushan Yadav, RAW and India needs to learn how to use deceit and tricks. Let Pakistan face our Chanakyaness...

whitebeard, PARIKRAMA and SrNair like this.
  12. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    This is Pakistan we're talking about, so say it correctly; He always wanted to be intelligence, he always wanted to do his country. (Anyone catch the movie reference?).

13. The Lockean

Country Flag:
    India
    Actually you are wrong here in assertion that it was Shastri as RAW was formed only in 1968.

It was, indeed, AB Vajpayee as PM, who 'killed' RAW when he ordered dismantling of HUMINT resources and externally operating echelons.

A case in example is the information regarding the highly secretive 'Special Group' in public domain. Till Vajpayee years, it was never even known.
    Once, under Vajpayee the system of dismantling of such resources was undertaken, this became a public knowledge with the Special Group now increasingly in CI grid and publishing obituaries of it's operatives in public domain.

Sad.

Blackjay and layman like this.
  14. The Lockean

Country Flag:
    India

I agree to your assertions here, but doubt that is the case here.

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  15. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    Haha yea, it's all speculation right now on my part, I guess we'll have a slightly better idea in the coming days...

The Lockean likes this.