Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pakistan and France to boost defence cooperation

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by DragonKnight, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Thats what they had planned for the Upgrades for JF-17, initially.
    Maximum amount expected was close to 1.2 Billion US $

2. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Folks understand that this has nothing to do with our capabilities against India.
    Nothing that effects MMRCA deal, nothing like upgrades for our Mirages either.

IMHO probably just anti-terror ops, SSG have a history with French special forces.
    Recent terror attacks in Toulouse mean that they need to up their game in terms of anti-terror ops.
    SSG of all forces is very experienced in this field. It makes sense.

Why would France risk the massive MMRCA deal by providing limited amount of limited tech arms to Pakistan?

1 person likes this.
  3. d14gtc

d14gtc Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Perhaps u got it right :drag:

4. Ishmael

Ishmael FULL MEMBER

France sells then does not deliver. They did this to Israel with a SAAR missle boat. Israel had to send commandos to "steal" the boats out of ship yard. I think this was planned. The current French government wants the pakistani to keep roads open to Afganistan.
    But if France does not get mineral rights in Afganistan I think deal will somehow fall apart. Any way France could sell Pakistan latest and greatest, The crews still have to be from Pakistan.No insult intended as a Pakistani Pilot last one to score a victory against an Israeli in the air.

There is this idea that Pakistan flew for Syria on occasion.

5. Nick 779

Nick 779 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Pakistani pilots flew for UAE and Saudi Air Forces also.

6. Lock786

Lock786 FULL MEMBER

Once the deal for the Rafale is signed, look for the French to supply us with all the modern weaponry requested for JF-17 again. These bastard French belong to no one, so forget about how long you can hold them to not deal with us.

7. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

France won't cancel $12bn deal with India for Pakistan. It'll be one of those spare-parts deals France is looking to liquidate.

8. Lock786

Lock786 FULL MEMBER

Of course not, but once you sign the deal. Watch what happens.

I am just glad that this has opened our doors towards Russia, our parliament has already issued instructions to strengthen defence ties with Russia.

9. mikhail

mikhail 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

mate do you really think that the russkies after having nearly a 5 decade old close defence ties with india would give importance to pakistan just because they couldn't win the mmrca deal:LMAO:!russkies can't and won't jeopardise their relationship with india for the sake of anybody else in the world specially when it comes to pakistan.moreover we have got the pakfa/fgfadeal with the russkies which alone worth more than $30 billion.add to that the possibilty of another $10billion next gen sub deal.then there is the MTA deal which worths a couple of billions.i don't think the russkies would jeopardise all these things only to develop close defence ties with pakistan:flame:!
    now regarding the french,i know that in the past they had provided arms to both of us.but considering the current scenerio where the french has nearly $50billion of possible deals(including the nuclear deal) with india,i don't think they will sell anything which concerns india!probably they'll co-operate with pakistan in the upgradation of the antique PAF mirage fleet,but nothing more than that.and you can mark my words in this matter!:smokin:

10. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    we can hold then for a very long time,
    when was the last time the French supplied you modern avionics
    besides Rose upgrades for Mirage IIIs which is nothing more the refurbishment of the plane.

As Jungibaaz said above, thats pretty much the extent of things,
    if the French try to betray we can always suspend the contract :laugh:

11. ColdPlay

ColdPlay Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Sign the Rafale deal and this co-op will exist only on Paper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.