Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pakistan boxer Amir Khan knocked off

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Blackwater, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackwater

Blackwater Captain SENIOR MEMBER

[​IMG]

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Amir Khan's boxing career has been called "a write-off" by IBF super-middleweight world champion Carl Froch.

Khan, 25, was stopped in the fourth round by unbeaten American Danny Garcia in Las Vegas on Saturday night and has now lost his last two fights.

Britain's Froch told BBC Radio 5 live: "It's a write-off for him. Khan's been knocked out by someone who is not touted for the top level.
    Khan's defeats

"It's very damaging. I would retire if that happened to me."

Khan was knocked down three times as Garcia claimed the British fighter's WBA light-welterweight belt and held on to his WBC title.

After a strong start, Khan was floored in the third by a counter and could not recover from shots in round four.

Froch - who became a three-time world champion with an impressive fifth-round stoppage of Lucian Bute in May - has lost twice in his career.

But he questioned whether Khan is capable of coming back from his latest defeat.
    Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

Froch said: "People can say that I have lost twice before, but if I had lost to Bute I would have retired.

"I'm not in this sport to get beat, get knocked out and get outclassed, I'm in this game to be at the top and stay at the very top.

"It's a personal decision to retire but to get stopped in the fourth round after previously being knocked out is very damaging. It's finishing. He has found a level.

"You have to consider that he was badly knocked out by Breidis Prescott and he lost to Lamont Peterson as well.

"I hope he can come back, he's got enough years left and if he has the ambition and desire to come back he could. He's a good fighter.

“Can I apologise to my family friends and everyone. I got caught with a shot and I know millions of you are upset but that's boxing for youâ€￾

Amir Khan on Twitter

"But this is boxing. It's a very, very tough sport."

Khan's trainer Freddie Roach said his fighter can return from the latest setback, and opened up the possibilty of a rematch with the unbeaten American.

"He's still young and people make mistakes, but this is what makes us better when we avenge things like this," Roach told BBC Sport.

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

BBC Sport - Amir Khan's career is a write-off, says Carl Froch

2. Star Wars

Star Wars Captain SENIOR MEMBER

he is still young, lots to learn..shit happens... Better luck next time :)

3. Blackwater

how a Gazi Pakistani mercilessly smashed by a American:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  4. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    I like that.

5. Javed

Javed FULL MEMBER

LOL....Is he pakistani??? I guess he is more comfortable in saying himself British.

6. Blackwater

see any pak tv channels. they all say he is pakistani,ask any pakistani they will say he is pakistani.:BVICTORY::BVICTORY:

7. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Fixing? or are we going to see this as a way to mend America - Pakistan relationship ?
    haha just joking... but on other hand.... ho bhi sakta hai !!!!!

8. kumarkhokhar

kumarkhokhar 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

pakistanis need money from people migrated to other countries........,it produces a big chunk of their economy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.