Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pakistan Goal is to conquer Afganistan.

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Averageamerican, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. criminally bad

criminally bad BANNED BANNED

2. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: where did u hear that !!!!

3. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    I would not be surprised, 1 we want to stear Pakistan away from Russian and China aircraft, gives us more influence and damages the Russians that depend on exports, we also want to get some our money back we give to Paksitan.

4. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    sand monkeys dont have money

1 person likes this.
  5. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    USA aid to Pakistan, fees etc over a billion a year.

6. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG]

7. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

:laugh:

I'd like to see them try.
    You are so well informed my friend. Please alert PA, will you?

8. Jungibaaz

True. He was our ally.
    He had nothing to do with Al Qaeda and 9/11.

The war with him was a result of injustices that he saw against his people.
    You forgot, he even kicked TTP and Mehsud's out of S Wazirstan.

9. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    From the minute he became involved in attacking US forces in Afganstan he was part of the walking dead.

10. Lock786

Lock786 FULL MEMBER

Afghanistan will soon be Pakistan's property in the west. Afghan Taliban will rule the country and these U.S. puppets will be out of the support soon.

1 person likes this.
  11. naseem shah

naseem shah BANNED BANNED

mullah omer is from pakistan

12. Jungibaaz

Again. I hate to say it, but you my friend are no different in your understanding than most here.

You know why we haven't finished them off?
    Because... Now's not the right time. And PA are going about this smartly, of course in the mean time we bleed, but in the long run, it's a much safer strategy.

Ask me if you want me to elaborate.
    But I'll give you a challenge as to why I am saying this.
    I will give you due credit if you can figure this out, no Indian or American poster has figured this out before (with the exception of some like Sandy).

You're good with your dates.
    This op was launched entirely because of public pressure and anger within ranks of PA.
    Height of suicide attacks in all cities in all provinces, none were safe.

Since then the suicide bombers have been limited to minimal activities in other region, limited to Pukhtunkhwa and Peshawar.

True, we have a cap on what resources we can move from the Indian border.
    But you realise that the RIPOSTE doctrine has completely different outfits and involves many different Infantry divisions based Punjab.
    Yes, the 14th Infantry division of II strike corps was used in some offensives. But that was way back in 2009, and their use was limited.
    Eroded artillery capabilities? You think we used ammunition from forward bases along Indian border? Don't be so naive.

These battle hardened troops and infantry divisions haven't lost any capability, What's more, their involvement has been limited.
    Most of the work in the FATA/KPK operations. Most of the work has been done by XI corps and 7th/9th infantry divisions.

But this hasn't eroded our capabilities at all.
    In fact, there has been no major offensives on all fronts, only limited advances, driving them into their holes and caves along the border.
    So far, we haven't been killing them like you would think, it's been mostly a chase, we advance they flee.

Pakistan can conduct the operation if it wanted, Indian threat or not.
    Even a year on from 26/11, we conducted our first few major operations against TTP scum.

And today what stops us from Nwaz ops isn't Indian threat and lack of numbers we're able to commit.
    It's another thing... This what I asked you to figure out.

Precisely.

And RIPOSTE doctrine hasn't been affected at all.
    And the advantage hasn't changed either.
    It's not re-deployment. These divisions haven't been deployed on the FATA front.

Pakistan will not rely heavily on air strikes, air strikes will limited A LOT.
    Gunships and arty sure. But the main push will be infantry. We aren't the US, we are in this region forever and we cannot simply hide from our problems like they do. In Nwaz ops (I've said this before) the chances of high casualties are high. But it will be worth it in the end.
    And SSG will be employed, as they have been employed in Swat.

We can, the mountainous regions are home to both fighting forces, they don't just belong to local TTP, but also local troops and pro-Pakistani tribes and militia. As long as their exit route and what happens there on is kept in mind, such an op is certainly possible.

We can and we will. With ease.
    Afghan taliban wont associate themselves with TTP, and tribesmen will fight them.
    We saw them do this in Orakzai, Kurram and Swaz. In fact in Swat, after Swat ops, many homes were found with tortured bodies of militants because of anger of locals. The reason why it's difficult now is because of US presence. Loyalty of many factions is unsure. After US leaves, TTP will no longer remain a unitary force, they will disband a lot of them, ever before a single bullet is fired.

Their command structure will be in ruins and they will give up their arms and be arrested or killed on the battlefield.

Don't confuse yourself.
    Taliban is not a single force, it's full of many different forces each with their own motives.
    We had tribal help and I suspect many of these tribals would have links with the Afghan Taliban.
    And how soon you forget. Maulvi Nazir was Afghan taliban commander, he drove Masoud tribe out of South Waziristan.

Okay stop this illusion of what you think you know about the WoT.
    It'c clear you know not much more than your other Indian friends here.

First of all, Maulvi Nazir is in South Waziristan not North.
    And he did drive TTP out of there.

And Haqqanis have presence in NWaz, they have families and large plots of land, their fight is in Afghan.

What we have right now is all the militants in previous ops, regrouped in Nwaz, their stronghold.
    The only reason they remain is because the people in Nwaz are unwilling to assist PA to take them out.

Hence, PA wont make a move.
    But after US goes, PA will make a move, along with Waziristan tribes and kill them or drive them into Afghanistan and apply Pakistani laws in Ilaka ghair.

13. Jungibaaz

No he didn't attack US before the US attacked him.
    Get your facts right you deluded oaf.

14. Jungibaaz

How generous of you.
    I spit on your aid.

15. Jungibaaz

Listen, if you don't understand the culture, don't log on to forums and post without expecting to be caught out.
    If someone does tell you that you're wrong and what your view is typical of, don't sulk.

Follow my advice. If you don't want to believe me, then kindly don't.
    it really wont bother me, I know it better then someone who relies on many different sources and still ends up with nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.