Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pakistan, Russia, China inch closer to formal alliance

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Agent_47, Apr 3, 2017.

1. YarS

YarS Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    Sorry guys if you feel some negative emotions, but I hope we can stop this brother-killing feud.

Your real enemies are not Muslims, but Anglo-Saxons.

2. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I can also post some stupid meme's and deflect. But I would prefer not.

Soviet Union was a reliable ally. Russia not so much. Period.

EDITED.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. shaktimaan

shaktimaan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Future is good for India that's for sure but i don't know about Pakistan and India can be united but without Pakistanis.But i don't see in near future Russia ally with Pakistan bcz Russia needs money and Pakistan don't have that.

4. shaktimaan

shaktimaan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Soviet Union was , not Russia ...they only want money for their economy

ranadd and WhyCry like this.
  5. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    You are correct.

6. YarS

YarS Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    Everybody need money. But money is not a goal, you know.

Veeran likes this.
  7. Dagger

Dagger 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Maybe some people here need to hold their horses and sweet goodbyes. Russian policy will be conveyed by Russian diplomats not an internet russian who might be and might not be too.
    Chill fellers!

8. NKVD

NKVD 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Great We Do similar With Russia And US .One is are Defense Partner or say Supplier And Second One is are Major Strategic Ally.Its Geopolitics 101

YarS likes this.
  9. IndiranChandiran

IndiranChandiran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Russia tying up with the Taliban to combat ISIS along with Iran thus supporting China and Pakistan's endeavour is more designed to gain leverage with Trump's administration than anything.
    For all you know , Trump may withdraw American forces from Afganistan .
    What happens then ? The Russians and the Taliban aren't natural allies .

10. Veeran

Veeran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Both Anglo-Saxons and muslims, especially arab affiliated muslims (Sunni muslims) are our enemy, and we have no doubt about it.

There's no negative emotion towards Russia, we just see it as the only way.

11. Dagger

Country Flag:
    India
    Exactly. The americans are looking for an excuse to leave the fiasco. Russia thinks afghanistan should not bcom another base of america. But they are indirectly helping the americans by giving them a reason to leave.

And they are not natural allies! The bomb is a testament to that. IF the west won't leave, we will have a clash between northern alliance and taliban. Guess where most afghans and sleeper cells will emigrate to ? :azn:

12. Veeran

Veeran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    If you mean Pakistan has to be re-united, the only thing that can happen as far I can tell is Sindh, Baluchistan re-united. But Pakistan Punjab will be nuked, there's no two ways about it.

13. IndiranChandiran

Country Flag:
    India
    My take is this .If the Americans leave , the present government in Kabul collapses .The Taliban gets swept to power .The Northern Alliance is ressurected only confined to a few pockets this time .What will be Iran's and Russia's stance then ? Without Mullah Omar at the helm there isn't any unifying figure holding the Taliban together .You can expect factionalism to break out soon .The original aim of combating the ISIS will be consigned to the back burner .In many ways the situation in Afghanistan would resemble what it was in 1990's and equally in many ways it wouldn't .

We are still in the adolescent years of many of such scenarios in Central Asia , the ME & N Africa . These events will take some time to settle down and further crystallise before a clear picture emerges .Right now the situation in all these places is too fluid , alliances too opportunistic to make a judgement call .From India's PoV , I sincerely hope we make all the military preparations necessary to capitalise on any such misadventure that Pakistan may initiate once Kabul falls .For the PA is both a creature of habit & extremely predictable .Any sort of stabilisation however weak will embolden it to free it's resources from the western front & deploy them on the eastern front .That part is sure .I just hope we can utilize their foolishness to reclaim PoK this time after we let many such opportunities go abegging in the past 70 years .

Veeran and Dagger like this.
  14. Dagger

Country Flag:
    India
    My read is the west won't leave. They still have air superiority and drones. Russia and china will be pumping money into a pit. They can provide air support (SAM and radars, since they will be going overt with planes). This will be bombed. Any heavy equipment will be bombed. They can equip the taliban a bit better. But the army advantage still hangs with the one with air superiority.
    Its a golden chance for the west to drag china and russia out to play. They won't leave afghanistan. You can be sure of that.

And your scenario of us getting an attack and capturing PoK. sadly both Sharif and Bajwa don't seem to have the balls or the lunacy needed to try that. This Bajwa goes around praising democracy. Forget an attack for three years. Lets hope someone more on the lines of musharraf
    comes around next time. Usually these things go in cycles, Maybe we get our wish. Mushy gave us such a splendid oppurtunity. An impotent aggression. Its a real pity.

IndiranChandiran likes this.
  15. IndiranChandiran

Country Flag:
    India
    I think Trump's response to Afganistan will depend a lot on how the situation is East Asia w.r.t NoKo pans out .

But just as there's a lobby asking for US presence in Afghanistan to continue , equally there's a growing clamour asking for an exit .

What we know is this - in the coming months and years the US can't keep pretending it's business as usual and continue with a minimal presence not with Russia and Iran upping the ante .They'd either be forced to escalate their force levels which would force Russia and it's new found allies to build up their forces , which in turn means increased US dependence on Pakistan for logistics or cut their losses and quit .
    It increasingly seems the latter option will be exercised as I don't see US repairing it's relations with Pakistan .The less said about US relations with the other actors in the conflict , the better .

They could always come back when the situation in Afghanistan and the surrounding areas is clear .