Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pakistan Small Arms Thread

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Gessler, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Gessler

Gessler Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    @Zarvan

Hey, can you update this thread with news of new procurements?

To start off, I'd like to ask you about the ongoing Assault Rifle tender(s). What has happened to the G3 replacement program? Was any competitor selected? I've been hearing about CZ Bren-2 being finalized for local production, and then I heard about AK-103...all the while many pakistanis saying FN SCAR is still leading the race.

All this leads me to believe there is no restriction on what caliber the PA wants. Some are 7.62x39 (Kalashnikovs) while others are chambered for 7.62x51mm Nato rounds. If this is indeed how it is, then won't it have a serious effect on your future choices for procurement of LMG/GPMG replacement and potential adoption of a semi-automatic DMR? You can't be having more than 2 types of calibers within an infantry section.

Also, you can update the thread about pakistani small arms of other kinds (locally made and/or foreign-bought).

Blackjay likes this.
  2. Zarvan

Zarvan 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Pakistan
    Trials are still taking place. Some Rifles which initially didn't performed well returned and came back after making improvements than also more companies specially American entered competition. So trials are still going on but we would hear about the winner soon. Reports suggest SCAR will most likely replace G3 and AK-100 series may replace Type 56

Gessler likes this.