Pakistan's 5th generation aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by THE_MAGNIFICENT, Jul 26, 2010.

1. THE_MAGNIFICENT

THE_MAGNIFICENT FULL MEMBER

IAF recently announced that it will start inducting 5th Generation Indo-Russian stealth fighters also know as PAK-FA or the FGFA into its inventory by 2018. This means IAF is the only Air force in the Sub-continent which has concrete plans to go 5th Generation and also probably in Asia. This news has sent jitters across the borders in Pakistan and as of now they don't have a suitable answer for this.
    PAF is past few years has painstakingly closed the technological and quantitative gap it has with its longstanding rival the IAF. PAF has ordered 8 new AWACS from Sweden and China, more F-16's from USA, BVR missiles, new SAM's, upgraded its existing fleet of F-16s, its waiting for J-10B's and ofcourse its crown jewel and supposedly indigenous JF-17 "Thunder". However all these fighters are still nowhere near IAF's Su-30MKI which is technologically far superior. Also IAF's Phalcon system is considered to be second to none. However the PAF's modernization drive has certainly given it a edge which IAF must be closely observing.
    Talking about the future, PAF's has far less scope of improving than the IAF. IAF in next 15 years will induct two different types 5th generation fighters where as PAF will induct none. However many Pakistani will respond to my above sentence as absurd because they believe they will get the F-35 from US, J-XX from China and new 5th Generation version of JF-17 soon. I can't help but laugh at this claims because I have very strong notions that all this will not happen because of very obvious reasons.
    First lets talk about the Americans, the F-35 JSF is facing delays which is not financially good for the project. It has ordered some 2500 units and many more by partner countries. This means the productions line will be very busy until 2025 atleast. Each F-35 will cost well above 150million $ through out its life which Pakistan is not having and with current states of affair it will not have for atleast 10-15years to come. USA is also talking about exit plans from Afghanistan which would mean that Pakistan would be of lesser importance. Plus it would be hard to justify gifting the F-35 as the Taliban doesn't have a radar and the F-35 won't add to PAF's capability to fight the militants. So for now its a no for the F-35.
    Second comes the the Chinese J-XX project. Well this is PAF only hope and in my opinion this will be the Pakistan's fifth generation fighter however doubts over it still remain. China's J-10 fighter is already having trouble with 4 confirmed crashes of which two were in-service fighters. According to a article published on 8ak.com the aircraft hasn't turned out to be as planned and has some serious flaws. Also according to CIA reports China is not technologically advance enough to built a 5th Generation fighter on its own. This is no surprise because China to this day hasn't built anything on its own. Reverse engineering only gives knowledge to build copies of the original product and the Chinese are paying its price now. But they should be able to start testing a fifth generation fighter by 2025 by hook or crook.
    Last and the most hilarious of them all is the 5th Gen version of their JF-17 fighter aircraft. This aircraft is barely 4th generation and for its time is very much technologically old. However it still is very decent fighter for the PAF. The only problem with it is that it could not be made stealthy because the current airframe is far from stealthy. Making JF-17 stealthy would mean completely redesigning the aircraft which in itself means building a entirely new aircraft which Pakistan is not capable of doing.
    The above reasons should make any neutral minded person if not me to believe that PAF will not get a fifth generation fighter atleast till 2030. So IAF should be able to maintain air dominance over sub-continental skies which it has held since 1971.:clap2::clap2::india::india::clap2::clap2:
    1 person likes this.
  2. prototype

prototype SENIOR MEMBER

and what make me laugh the most is that"they believe 5th gen J-17 is coming soon'

the j-xx is itself a joke just like df-21,if u ask about j-xx,all the fan boys can only show about some cartoons,some animated pics and some useless article done by some among themselves,the Pakistan's only excel in two things,masters of conspiracy theories and taunt other's aspiration's
  3. Desi Jatt

Desi Jatt ELITE MEMBER SENIOR MEMBER

first of all let them build something even near to our MKI...only then they qualify to talk about something like our fifth gen...and this is for both Pakistan and China.
    2 people like this.
  4. prototype

prototype SENIOR MEMBER

the prospects look bleak....now the entire world is aware of Chinese copy paste habit,even if they managed it will b some cheap rip off of some earlier stolen technology
  5. booo

booo FULL MEMBER

but you've got to agree that china has some really talented photochop artists.:rolleyes:
  6. Desi Jatt

yes, infact I am sure they will come up with the fifth gen craft ,its a matter of ego now for them...they have the access to Russian tech and engines (still :mad:)and they will certainly come up with something..but the question remains how advanced or affective it will be or or will it be a pure fifth gen fighter ??
    Abhijeet05 likes this.
  7. THE_MAGNIFICENT

THE_MAGNIFICENT FULL MEMBER

j-xx, western agencies said that at present china is not capable of making 5th generation fighter on its own.

i even doubt on its 4th gen capability, until now 3 j-10 have reported crashed. due to lack of free media china hided other crashes.

so hving 3+ crashes in testing perioud doesnot reflect your capability. how many times it will crash when chinese will mass produce them
  8. jagjitnatt

jagjitnatt ELITE MEMBER SENIOR MEMBER

Fifth generation term will lose its meaning soon. China will come up with an aircraft which will be equivalent to 5th gen according to them and just another 4th gen according to the US. Soon, other countries will start jumping and label their upgraded 4.5 gen aircraft as 5th gen.

This has been happening with all previous gen of aircraft. Even the MKI doesn't have all 4.5 gen features, but we still call it 4.5 gen.
  9. prototype

prototype SENIOR MEMBER

i even doubt the credibility of the current fleet of Chinese jets,they hardly even participate in any war games,moreover the world does not know much about the aircraft other than what Chinese govt released
  10. Desi Jatt

well, I never really get the point of calling it 4.5 gen...if MKI is not fully 5th gen then its 4th gen, but just because it has been upgraded with some additional tech and accessory we are calling it 4.5 gen.

about Chinese fifth gen, let them label it so, but the result will be in front if we see any action one on one with any true 5th gen with these made in China 5th gen.
  11. Naren1987

Naren1987 SENIOR MEMBER

Who wants to bet that

The J-XX will be very identical to the T-50, come on, who's up for it?
  12. jagjitnatt

jagjitnatt ELITE MEMBER SENIOR MEMBER

I don't think so. According to me it would either be a copy of F-22 or an evolved J-10.
  13. Spirit27

Spirit27 FULL MEMBER

Friends we shall not underestimate China in terms of technology as of now, at the same time shall not consider India inferior. China does not participate in war games as we do but they Train their pilots well. China is peeping the world arms export business and is well ahead of India in this regards. Whether they make copies or Junk, but they sell it and they have a huge customer base. Now in terms of technologies we have reservations and ideologies about products we purchase and this is reason why best military hardware is on offer to India and not China. Pakistan is a totally different case and dont know how much technology they have developed on their own.
  14. prototype

prototype SENIOR MEMBER

well i dont want to compare the indigenous market of China and India and their exports as India is still just a child in this field,but Chinese r ahead does not mean they produce quality products,most of their customers r tough who do not have access to american hardware or those to whom even Russian hardware is costly,and China being a nation for whom business is always ahead of ethics always help the matter
  15. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Field Marshal Staff Member SENIOR MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Re: Pakistan's 5th generation aircrat

I like the Chinese Graphic designers,
    they can make a 3rd generation fighter look like a
    6th Generation fighter, now thats scary :bunny:
    2 people like this.