Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pakistan's Nuclear Delivery Systems

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by A haseeb A, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A haseeb A

A haseeb A Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Since there was no separate thread for Pakistan's WMDs and Missiles in IDF,so I think that it will prove helpful for the members/non-members of IDF to access information regarding the topic and ask queries and remove their confusions about Pakistan's Systems...
    I am looking forward to positive replies and no trolling from both sides...please stick to the topic...thank you.

3 people like this.
  2. Varad

Varad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Is Pakistan working towards a SLBM?

3. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

What are(Weapons) going to Arm the 6 Subs you people procured from China???

4. A haseeb A

In response to the Indian Nuclear Submarine,Pakistan is also now considering it but it would be too early to speculate on it...
    Regarding an SLBM,no development towards this project is known...however,in my opinion,Pakistan should make one in future to meet the credible deterrance requirements...

1 person likes this.
  5. A haseeb A

I have no idea about that...

6. Varad

Varad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

I was also thinking on the same line.Pakistan might in 5-8 years time ask for a lease for a nuclear submarine from China. However our SLBM program I beleive is intended for China not Pakistan.

7. Tailchopper

Tailchopper Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Pakistan
    My List.

Battlefield range ballistic missiles (BRBM)

Abdali-I
    Hatf-I/IA

Short range ballistic missiles (SRBM)

Ghaznavi

Medium range ballistic missiles (MRBM)

Ghauri I
    Shaheen I
    Ghauri II

Intermediate range ballistic missiles (IRBM)

Shaheen II
    Ghauri-III * (Under development)
    Shaheen-III * (Under development)

Cruise missiles

Babur (Hatf VII) - ground launched cruise missile (submarine launched version under development)
    Ra'ad (Hatf VIII) - air launched cruise missile

Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles.

icbm tamour 1 range 7000 km (Under development)

http://asian-defence.blogspot.com/2011/01/pakistan-intercontinental-ballistic.html

Air craft Nuclear payload delivery systems.

F-16 A/B/C/D. Fighting Falcon

Dassault Mirage III/V

JF-17 Thunder

FC-20 - Under Development.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Half a dozen new programs are under way including - a second ICBM and a new Cruise missile.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  8. Tailchopper

Country Flag:
    Pakistan
    MODS: plz make this thread sticky

9. A haseeb A

Sir, that was what I was waiting for...

There is no ICBM under-development...I will elaborate on that in a little while...

Ghauri-III has been "under-development" for over a decade,therefore I think Ghauri-III has been shut down because better options like hypothtical Shaheen-III are available...

And Shaheen-III is not what you people think it is,I cannot tell more than this...the name of the next long range ballistic missile(4000km) is entirely different...

10. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Major SENIOR MEMBER

i think pakistani leader's are not stupid and they don't use nuke
    all delivery system are for show case or you can say for power presentation only

11. Tailchopper

Country Flag:
    Pakistan
    I had credible news about ICBM , anyway i will wait for what you have to say.

12. A haseeb A

Exactly...Pakistan's "leaders" will not use them...

But...thanks to the Army,it will use them if necessary...
    And don't take it like the Army would be stupid to do so...afterall that is what was the dicussion during cold war,so its nothing strange or stupid...

13. A haseeb A

It would take time to sum it up,what I hope it will remove your confusions...

14. A haseeb A

THE PAKISTANI ICBM

First of all,I have very credible information from reliable sources,that no development is being done regarding an ICBM.Maybe some paperwork was done and feasibility reports were taken into consideration,but no solid development towards this project is known...

REASONS FOR THE NON-EXISTANCE OF THE PROJECT:

1. Non-existence of a distant enemy:

Except India,there is no other enemy state of Pakistan at the present...the least likely possibility is Israel,which will be covered by the induction of the 4000km range system.Now,some Pakistani youngsters declare US as an enemy state and target...just imagine the massive retaliation if a single warhead reaches there which is nearly impossible because by the time we make one,the ABM technology would be much advanced...only one SSBN is enough to take out all the major cities of Pakistan.
    If you got a problem with the drones,use the Airforce...if Americans are to be attacked ,we have the ability to take out the military bases in Afghanistan,which would be a better option than the ICBM, but still the worst.

2.International Pressure:

Firstly,the International community,especially the US and UK will consider all their aid going waste on the name of WoT...first we ask for aid because we have a feeble economy,then we spend it on making useless ICBMs...
    Secondly,everybody would be forced to think that who is our target?...who we are intending to reach?...which will only worsen the image of Pakistan...
    Thirdly,since the controversies about the safety of Pakistan's Nuclear Assets (which is ,in fact,very rather very very strong) are ever increasing,the last thing everybody in the world would want is some ICBM landing over their homes just because some terrorists were angry with them...this will certainly prove more disadvantageous for Pakistan...

3.Limited Funding:

The new government has cut short the budget for the missile program,and due to this some other programs have been slowed down...
    Now a fully functional ICBM project with 15-20 systems,testing systems,storage facilities etc would cost over 300 million US dollars,an amount Pakistan certainly does not have to waste as a precautionary measure...not to mention the already stumbling economy.

I hope that these reasons are enough.

15. Tailchopper

Country Flag:
    Pakistan
    Thanks for taking time to write these reasons , but they do not answer my specific query about "what credibility" the non existence of an ICBM have when the reports have been published all over the media.

Another reason why we want to develop an ICBM is to use its derivatives as space launch vehicles in the future & i don't agree with your view that you have to have an imagined enemy to build a weapon to deal with it.

When National security council makes decisions on what to build they follow a blind approach - the enemy could be anyone and we must have the capability to respond if attacked.

Other than that , ICBMs provide political leverage though the possibility of them being used is 0.00001 % .
    Well lets see how it goes , i will stick with what i have been told..

take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.