Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pakistan’s top defence website Defence.pk blocked suspiciously

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by lca-fan, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lca-fan

lca-fan Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Pakistan’s top defence website Defence.pk blocked suspiciously

ISLAMABAD – Pakistan's leading defence website Defence.pk has been suspiciously blocked in Pakistan. The unexpected shutdown of Defence.pk, a popular website in Pakistan, sparking speculations among the social media users.

“The site you are trying to access contains content that is prohibited for viewership from within Pakistan,” a message reads when the site is accessed.

The independent portal is blocked for unknown reasons, and can’t be accessed on the country’s main broadband service providers including PTCL and Wateen. However, some users can access the website through mobile network including Zong and Telenor.

READ MORE: PTA orders Telecom operators to shut down Black Berry secure services in Pakistan due security concerns

While the ‘largest digital forum’ has “decided not to lay any blames until we have completed our technical analysis”, its administration is actively sharing posts on micro blogging site Twitter.

READ MORE: Mobile phone users in Pakistan: Service provider wise data
    “We request our members & users who also are customers of @StormFiber to call in their ISP and inquire why PDF isn’t available through them.

The management of Defence.pk also shared a way to access the website.Following the shutdown, one of the social media users wrote on the Twitter handle of Defence.pk that “One of You must have criticised someone powerful in yr country”.

READ MORE: 3G-4G users in Pakistan: PTA Statistics
    In reply, the forum said: “Criticism is protected under article 19. It is too early to say of someone corrupt but powerful individual is trying to suppress our voice.

Only the country’s chief regulator, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), can block an internet website for violating its code of conduct.

https://timesofislamabad.com/pakist...e-defence-pk-blocked-suspiciously/2017/10/21/

Grevion, Blackjay and PARIKRAMA like this.
  2. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Must have allowed criticism , unintentionally of course , of the PA , the ISI or our favourite the ISPR .

The webmaster must have lost his shirt .

Grevion, Levina and PARIKRAMA like this.
  3. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    someone must hv opened their mouths bragging about secretive stuff or could be just galti se mistake or best option is, its a R&AW,CIA, MOSSAD conspiracy

Levina and PARIKRAMA like this.
  4. shaktimaan

shaktimaan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Lol dude what raw has do it with th site.

Levina likes this.
  5. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    dude that was sarcasm ... anything bad happens in pak ... first blame is someone else (specially R&AW,CIA, MOSSAD ), a conspiracy to suppress pak

Grevion, Levina and Blackjay like this.
  6. randomradio

randomradio Colonel Technical Analyst

I wonder if IDF has also been blocked.

7. lca-fan

lca-fan Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Screenshot_2017-10-21-17-42-58.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-21-17-42-23.png

8. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Angel or Devil? Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Told them when I exited that their whole site and content is in radars of intelligence community ... The report says that is a hot bed of jihadi terrorist and promotes such activities by endorsing and sympathising..

Many may not know.. many times I myself have been questioned saying I am suspicious person.. apprehension is there in many other forums..

unfortunately people don't know I met most of the users here in person as well as talk and in WA group with them.. it is in the same group, ppl know how some of us approached ministry of telecommunications and MOD for black listing P D F in India as well..

It's actively monitored..

Also I don't mind if by any chance IDF goes down as well.. after all, more than being faceless cyber guy, offline real life is any day better... More topics to wonder talk and discuss...

And when time comes, we as a group will shift as well to any place which is ours ( a back up plan is there.. it's under works)

Grevion, Nilgiri, nik141993 and 19 others like this.
  9. GuardianRED

GuardianRED Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    LOL... since you said that ... it reminded me of the panama leaks and how a pakistan new anchor called in an ex RAW DG and pestered him to accept that it was RAW hands in the leaks ie they hack the data base to insert the names. His reasoning was that lots of pakistani politicians was mentioned in the leaks, while from india , only one ex politician - why is that? when he says india is more corrupt

Of course the Ex raw DG only laughed at him and said that if RAW had that capability to hack the data base - he would be very happy :biggthumpup:

10. _Anonymous_

Country Flag:
    India

I'm surprised how PDF is allowed access to in India with the kind of inflammatory anti India propaganda that they carry .

Surely ,it nay have been reported multiple times to the authorities out here .Why haven't the authorities here banned it is something that has me puzzled .

More so given how random sites dedicated to news , current affairs or even the social media stirring up the pot results in unexpected violence across India at the drop of the hat !!

nik141993, Levina, mugundhan and 3 others like this.
  11. Blackjay

Blackjay Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    :rofl:

12. Blackjay

Blackjay Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    PDF is banned with most ISPs in India but not all.

For example, it's banned by Reliance communications but not Reliance Jio.
    :cheesy:

13. _Anonymous_

Country Flag:
    India
    It hasn't been banned by the GoI then .Why individuals ISP's don't carry it is the right question to be posed?

PARIKRAMA, Levina and Blackjay like this.
  14. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It should have been banned a long time before. But Defence.pk is still accessible with Gio.

Let Webmaster with idiot administrator like Horus and its party enjoy with the jokers as Indian such as Ashok and Singaporean guys, self masturbating and praising their Junk fighter planes. I would request @PARIKRAMA and other administrators to keep the strick rule of not allowing these fellow Pakistanis to promote any Jihadi and so called freedom fighters, aka Terrorist Pigs funded by Pakistan away from IDF.

Discussing Defence matter is different things, which could not be tolerated with defaming our country, constitutions, democracy and our peoples representatives.

15. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

I have also felt that more recently some 'agency' type hand was prominent there. Anything crtical of china would be immediately put down while any chinese member can talk trash to Indians. I did a test and said 'chinese plane will fall off sky because of low quality' and got an immediate ban. God knows the chinese members there say that about us all the time.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Grevion, Nilgiri, zebra7 and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.