Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Pakistan's War on Terror

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by ANTIBODY, Aug 31, 2011.

1. forjeet

forjeet Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

The Wrong Enemy: American in Afghanistan, 2001-2014 which argues that the failing American mission in Afghanistan is largely the result of Pakistani duplicity, which has consisted of the country taking American aid dollars while still covertly supporting the Taliban and other extremist groups...........(yeah it shows ur people PATHOLOGICAL LIARS..........lie to world like combating-militancy-and-extremism to gain US AID) she copied my words :bounce-grn:

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/...s-hideout-and-pakistan-and-american-knowledge

2. Zeus_@21

Zeus_@21 Major SENIOR MEMBER

Jungibaaz likes this.
  3. Zeus_@21

Zeus_@21 Major SENIOR MEMBER

Oh!! sure sure!! I don't have any problem if they do so.

So, What are you discussing relevant to the thread? I see nothing ,apart from being abusive.:cheesy:

Jungibaaz likes this.
  4. marshal panda

marshal panda Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    After changing the school curriculum & making the atmosphere free from Gen.Zia's effect,one has to wait at least 15 years for the effect to percolate down.

5. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

I agree fully, even if things start to improve, it is only the dawn of something new.

6. grond

grond Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I guess the wait has to extend due to the mismanagement of the previous regime.. Atleast this regime seems to atleast reach all of Pakistan...

7. Alpha1

Alpha1 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

I believe reorientation of the whole nation is needed.
    It maybe hard to except but there is a lot of Terrorist sympathizers in Pakistani Population

Jungibaaz likes this.
  8. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    watch from 6:00

Averageamerican likes this.
  9. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    nice so basically this thread is an anti baluchistan thread ..... :devilwork:

10. forjeet

forjeet Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Republic Day Jamaat-ud-Dawa arranged multiple rallies in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad Hafiz Saeed’s dubious charity group seems to be enjoying its day in the sun the JuD’s claim to be the protector of Pakistan’s ideology

The real question though, is why the JuD has been allowed to hold public rallied on such a scale, in three of the largest cities in Pakistan?

http://www.nation.com.pk/editorials/24-Mar-2014/republic-day-hijacked

In India we call charity worker as Mother Theresa so i hope Pakistanis also called him as a FATHER HAFIZ SAEED :rofl:

This pakistani father Best example of HOW PAK combating-militancy-and-extremism :lol: IN EAST

IN WESTSIDE (Good taliban) of Pak combating-militancy-and-extremism :lol:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  11. Jungibaaz

??

This thread is an anti-TTP, anti-BLA, anti-LeT, anti-LeJ etc etc...
    Anti extremist, and anti- the talibanisation of Pakistan.

It's as much about groups and conflicts as it is about Pakistanis looking inwards, and asking ourselves, who are we??

omya likes this.
  12. Jungibaaz

Unlike in Afghanistan, on our side of the border, the counter insurgency work has been far more successful, albeit at a greater cost.
    Insurgents aren't only pushed back, but the areas are held. Not only are the areas held, but they are made secure for people to move back in. Redevelopment also takes place, a lot of the time it's the army who are directly contributing to this effort, building schools, hospitals, water sources, roads etc.

That is true counter insurgency with a long term outlook. The only issue that remains now is that military presence is not indefinite and should not last forever, eventual withdrawal is a must and for the the locals and provincials government need to work on civilian and local body governance work for all the above.

Video credits Xeric at pdf.

13. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    The reason there is separation of church and state in the US constitution is because some our more influential founding father did not have that high opinion of religion.. Shame there was not some like them when Pakistan got started.

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth." ------- THOMAS JEFFERSON
    "Christianity...[has become] the most perverted system that ever shone on man....Rogueries, absurdities and untruths were perpetrated upon the teachings of Jesus by a large band of dupes and imposters led by Paul, the first great corrupter of the teaching of Jesus." ------ THOMAS JEFFERSON
    "In every country and in every age the PRIEST/PASTOR has been hostile to liberty; he is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own." – THOMAS JEFFERSON
    "...an amendment was proposed by inserting the words, 'Jesus Christ...the holy author of our religion,' which was rejected-----'By a great majority in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and the Mohammedan, the Hindoo and the Infidel of every denomination.'" ----- From Jefferson's biography:
    ------------------
    "Religion and government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together." -- James Madison
    "In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people." - James Madison
    --------------------
    "I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved--the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!"--John Adams in a letter to Thomas Jefferson
    "The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find a precept for Creeds, Confessions, Oaths, Doctrines, and whole carloads of other foolish trumpery that we find in Christianity." --John Adams
    "The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion." - John Adams, Founding Father and 2nd US President.
    -----------------------
    "The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma."
    -- Abraham Lincoln
    -----------------------------
    "If they be good workmen, they may be from Asia, Africa, or Europe; they may be Mohammedans, Jews, or Christians of any sect, or they may be Atheists." – GEORGE WASHINGTON
    They (the Hebrews) work more effectively against us, than the enemy's armies. They are a hundred times more dangerous to our liberties and the great cause we are engaged in... It is much to be lamented that each state, long ago, has not hunted them down as pest to society and the greatest enemies we have to the happiness of America. (From The Maxims of George Washington by A. A. Appleton & Co.) ---------- GEORGE WASHINGTON:
    -----------------------------
    Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." - BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
    "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."-- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, 1758
    "I wish it (Christianity) were more productive of good works ... I mean real good works ... not holy day keeping, sermon-hearing ... or making long prayers, filled with flatteries and compliments despised by wise men, and much less capable of pleasing the Deity." -- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, _Works_ Vol.VII, p.75
    "If we look back into history for the character of the present sects of Christianity, we shall find few that have not in turns been persecutors and complainers of persecution. The primitive Christians thought persecution extremely wrong in Pagans, but practiced it on one another. The first Protestants of the Church of England blamed persecution on the Roman church, but preactied i on the Puritans. They found it wrong in Bishops, but fell into the practice both here (England) and in New England"-- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, 1758
    Christianity [Religion] I found to be without any tendency to inspire, promote, or confirm morality, serves principally to divide us and make us unfriendly to one another."-- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Zeus_@21 likes this.
  14. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    So any one that thinks the US government is based on Christianity or religion, for get it.

15. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    We hold it for a fundamental and undeniable truth that religion, or the duty which we owe our Creator, and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence. The religion, then, of every man must be left to the conviction and conscience of every man: and that it is the right of every man to exercise it as these may dictate. [James Madison, Memorial and Remonstrance to the Assemby of Virginia]