Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Petrol prices hiked by Rs 7.5 per litre

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by Osiris, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangocharlie

tangocharlie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

petrol Price hicked by 7.50 INR per litre. Aur karo Santa and Banta ke jokes. Dekha Sardar ka revenge!!! :p :p

1 person likes this.
  2. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

Hazare's protesting methods are also pre colonial ....there may be different methods ,but that wont have an impact of a complete lock down

3. ManuSankar

ManuSankar Major SENIOR MEMBER

What about negative impacts??
    Loss of public money and lack of business environment,destruction of public properties,who will be accountable for that??millions of tax payers money are wasted on this every year.
    Will these leaders who call for these hartals be held accountable for that.They call themselves public servants,they should know better.

4. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Par yaar sabsay jyada truck aur taxi toh Santa aur Banta hee chalaatey hain na. Sardar phir mook gaya. Aapni hee baja daali.
    MMS, Montek Singh, Next Army Chief sab sardar nay. Hoon dasso kithey pacific?
    Do you know the biggest mystery which every Khalsa is trying to unearth evr since their creation?(To all sikh members here I wish to clarify that it is just a joke)

Why guruji the Khalsa and Why guruji thee fateh?
    I am a devout hindu who believes that Sikhs do not have a copyright on our Gurus. Guru Sabka hota hai. Mera bhi hai.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  5. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Truck aur taxi diesel pe chalta hai. :troll:

6. tangocharlie

tangocharlie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

tum bade chalak ho, tumne meri line chura li.

7. Shikari

Shikari 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I know I am not going to pick up on popularity points by saying this but here goes: Hats off to UPA-2 for this decision. This decision was sorely needed - we spend too much money on oil subsidies and with oil becoming more expensive and the rupee becoming cheaper (neither of which is in our hands), the subsidy bill is ballooning up. I am reading many immature posts about how UPA screwed up by making this decision. I'd just like to say this - UPA doesn't want to make this decision. Pranab Mukherjee didn't get up in the morning and go "How can I make life difficult for Indians today? OOH, I know!!" He KNEW the decision would be unpopular but he took it anyway - cuz it was frikking necessary. This is what a capitalist economy has to do, people - live with it! You either want to play by the new rules and make these tough decisions or you want to go back to the Hindu rate of growth and say goodbye to your "India will be a superpower" dream. You can't have the best of both worlds - did you think the journey would be easy? I UNDERSTAND the problems people face when paying for more expensive petrol - and the cascading effect it will have on all other goods. The simple argument is that the government has to earn what it spends unless it wants to turn into Greece. It was a tough decision and they took it anyway and I take my hats off to them for it - a huge change from the populist moves I have been sick of seeing lately.

I was fond of UPA-I because of the nuclear deal - I like strong governance and I appreciated MMS's guts in taking on the opposition - in retrospect, it was a good deal but even if it had been otherwise, the courage would have still been laudable. For much of the same reason that I liked UPA-I, I despised UPA-II. It lacked in every department and in comparison, Modi looked a far better choice. Even now, I don't know if they're going to recall this decision but I certainly hope not. The government needs to make some decisions - badly. You may hate them for it, you may love them for it, but anything is better than what they have done the last 3 years.

Lastly, I'd like to state that I live in UK and my family is in New Zealand. So, obviously, I won't be affected by the rise in prices. Perhaps that is why I am taking such a pro-Gov position. It might look different if I had to make some sacrifice for the good of the economy. But I'd like to think that I would be willing to do so if it was required of me. Please, if anyone wants to discuss why the decision is a bad one - perhaps because it will lead to higher inflation which is already a problem - I am happy to argue on that front. But I am not comfortable reading posts going like this: Blunder by UPA-II - BJP coming in power for sure.:dance3:

8. Anees

Anees Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
  9. olivers

olivers 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Watcher from NZ. I know how economics works. Read the previous post on how UPA screwed up with their social sector spending. I didn't post anything about the petrol price rise. The petrol price rise is not going to help. The real import bill comes in from Diesel. So the real decision being pushed out is Diesel price rise.

You know why the rupee is screwed up. Thank the UPA. They spent all the money on their pet projects. They said it will feed the poor. It made food impossibly expensive for the poor. Look at the price of milk quoted below. If you can afford this milk with an Indian salary under the UPA scheme of employment guarantee please praise MMS. It's economic suicide MMS has made India go through.Oh btw industries have found wages going up so they can't compete with cheaper imports. The scheme has displaced work to villages.

China is building ghost cities and India is building some of it's own. In china the ghost cities exist, in India they exist on paper in villages to buy votes.

Seen the price of sabzi in India?

Milk in Delhi is Rs 38 per liter. Rs 143.845648 per gallon. This is double the price from three years ago. 1 gallon of milk costs $3 in US or Rs 150 in USA. Vegetable prices have doubled in three years This is because of the UPA policy on social sector gifts and only because of that uncontrolled spending. . MMS is an idiot when it comes to economics. He also doesn't buy vegetables and milk to see the problem he is creating first hand. He is stupid right so he can't see the problem without seeing the effects.

Indian ppp parity was 5 times that of USD when MMS came to power in 2004. Now food price are equal to the prices in US. You call that progress? What's our per capita GDP income and did it increase 100% in the last 3 years as well? Five years ago America could not supply chicken meat and eggs to India. Today they can. There is a WTO proceeding on this issue between US and India. America has corn subsidies even after discounting that with an tariff Indian Chicken prices and egg prices are way way higher.

As for your balleyhoo on Indo-US nuclear deal, read what Anil Kakodkar calls the deal. Yeah he is the guy who headed BARC. He calls it betrayal. Look at the soft international law in 2004 being changed to hard international law on ENR in 2011 in the NSG. It's called backstab on Indo-US deal.

The Indo-US deal is dead. The Indo-US relationship is just meandering. So all this ballyhoo sitting in NZ without understanding what's really happening is not good mate.

As far as someone else coming into power. In addition to screwing up the economy, the UPA also is the most corrupt game in town. They literally ate the country and it's revenue. If you are not comfortable that "BJP" is coming to power what's the alternative? Oh you must also be "secular". Cos "secular" in India means reservations for the Muslims in every election.

Everyone must learn to compete. Not have a quota raj. It's already eating the country alive.

1 person likes this.
  10. olivers

olivers 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Indian Rural Employment Guarantee act was the beginning of the decline.

Work for villagers in villages. Very noble. The real economic impact.

Workers don't move to factories. The wait for the government to feed them and pay them money for local employment. Economics needs money to be allocated efficiently. Government distribution is never efficient. Economics 101.

Workers get money from government. This is the lowest payment necessary to state they are above poverty line. There is no increase in food grain production or food production. This lowest payment chases food. The price of food goes up as the quantity of food remains the same. Guess what the city dwellers and salaried class still need to eat food. They pay out more of their money to buy food at higher prices. This makes the food more expensive for those rural employment guarantee people to buy. So they are poor and they are still in the villages and can't afford food after working. This is how those people got screwed.

These people are in villages and not in the industrial centers. This makes the industries spend more for labor. They can't compete with Chinese imports or other imports. They have to pass on increases to the customers. Everything is more expensive. Who gets screwed the most. The rural employment guarantee people. Those not on the program now have to die.

Meanwhile grains will decay in the GOI god owns as MMS feels it's not good policy to give out free food. He said so to the supreme court. He is a nincompoop. He doesn't know economics and he screwed up the nuclear deal.

The same story repeats itself. The real reason for these 10,000 crore schemes which have destroyed the Indian economy and made the rupee slip. Rahul Baba has to come to power in 2014. Dynasty by economic welfare schemes. They continued with it from 2009. Not just before the elections. Corruption worth billions. Please don't comment on issues if you don't follow the real India. The real India isn't on #paidmedia.

There is a censorship board headed by GOI ministers. All paid media including newspaper editors are on this unofficial censor board. GOI ministers ask for stories to be kept out of the newspapers. The editors oblige in return of GOI adverts. Money from the GOI to pay for the silence. This is how it works. So before you comment from NZ find out how much milk costs, sabzi costs in India. Not just petrol prices.

Petrol prices went up because of declining rupee. And the real reason for that is UPA. You get economics? If you don't then you never will. So you see why Indian's are blaming UPA II? It's not just the present increase but for screwing up horribly from 2004.

I bet you won't read the Nuclear deal went bad in the newspapers either. It's all covered up.

11. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Dont worry Bro. Diesel price is also going to go up

12. Firemaster

Firemaster Captain STAR MEMBER

आम आदमी को परेशान होने कि जरूरत नहीं है ..... हम जल्द ही "राजीव गांधी साइकिल चलाओ योजना" कि शुरुआत करने वाले हैं :-मनमोहन सिंह :sarcastic:

1 person likes this.
  13. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    i want to settle in Goa now ... comparatively lower fuel prices ... high quality n cheap alcoholic beverages ... beautiful women's ...

now im trying to get into Persistent Systems,Goa ...

14. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

15. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

Congress must prove whether they may rule the nation or not. and if they can't then they would simply call for election. at least Rs10 price hike on diesel and kerosene oil both is required to reduce budget deficit and to make import of diesel expansive enough for its lesser import to tackle trade deficit/ account deficit and if the government can't take these mandatory steps, they would simply resign from center. a tough law to reduce population forcefully is also required....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.