Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Plight of Women in India : News and Discussions

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by Anish, Dec 29, 2012.

1. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Re: Rape of 5-year-old triggers protest in east Delhi

YES I am aware of that, Frankly a guy at 18 what exactly is he thinking.
    When I was 18 I was thinking of Spring. and football and rock music,
    Welfare of the nation was really secondary. This is my honest reply.

People at 18 are not mature to vote, their main concern are to get into college in time, having some gfs and going out with them, he has not even experienced the problems of job or life. Education etc is all paid by parents at least till 21 (when he graduates)

2. smestarz

We cannot know a person is criminal or not. Even many times the neighbours might say "Oh we never thought he was like this" the important thing is to have pro-active laws which are aimed at preventing crime rather than waiting for it to happen and then springing into action. We need to have an analysis as to point out who, how, when, why of different crimes and then take remedies as per the findings, This might be the first part,

People will evolve and so the system will need to evolve too.

Most of it is cause by Frustration of life, why the frustration? because there are not the opportunities, so people want to do something extreme. When people are calm they think logically. These are acts of desperation due to frustration.

3. smestarz

I dont know which age of woman is safe in India.
    On lighter side, I might consider making a chasitity belt for women and they keep the key at home :)
    It might sell well, anyone wants to partner with me?

4. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

the problem with pro-active law is proving the intention and high chances of its misuse and a perception that it will be misused.. it create more hate rather then law POTA was a prime example of that.... the real need is review all the existing law and upgrade them according to todays scenario with a clause that it will be reviewed after every 20 years.

and need to put physiologist in all our schools and colleges as compulsory and meeting of children with them... it will make us able to identify the problem in starting and we can save the person before he become a demon.

govt. will have no issue it putting these psychiatrists in schools as this will create hundred thousands of job which means easy vote for them and people will be more healthy and secure.

If any govt. want to use this idea I will be happy with not claiming it my own:agree:

1 person likes this.
  5. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

I will but on one condition... no chinise item be used in it:YUNO:

6. smestarz

Are you saying about Chinese parts or saying that we cannot produce them for Chinese "items"

Well I agree to the parts, we can use specially designed keys where two keys become one to make unique key thus might be difficult to open with single key..

We can also design for Chinese items but few would be sold (Chinese wont copy it, because they feel that Chastity belt is passe - an old idea, rather they should be ready as and when the time comes) If you mark time, they might be the fastest.

DEAL Tell me idea for lock and key..

7. smestarz

Reviewing after 20 years is too much yaar, 10 years at most,
    In 20 years we forget about the laws... how many people remember BOFORS scam without me reminding them now?

8. smestarz

We can get the election commission to review them or keep it under auspicies of Supreme court, lok pal or CAG.
    Any law that is made there would be loop holes,
    So a good law is one which has loop hole, but the loop holes are identified before they are used, and then amended to make the law iron clad (like the chastity belt)

9. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

never against a item from anywhere of the world... and on lock and key I have to ponder as it need some design issue

10. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

okk make it 10 years but this will create issue... with keeping up with new law and training cost... with 20 years it is better

11. smestarz

There is no need to change laws after every 10 years, but to review the laws and change those which seem out of place,
    For example, when there is car accident and someone dies, the bail for the driver is Rs 5000 or so,
    Now that much money, is less than pocket money of a school kid, thus this law looks like a joke

The car with which the accident occured is usually more than 20 Lakhs thus, 400 times less than the cost of the car, is it justice? The car is impounded and then allowed to become junk. Surely the car should be evidence, but at least respect the Bail money. With 5000 can you run a household for a month??

1 person likes this.
  12. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Captain SENIOR MEMBER

This time around and also during the previous gang rape incident in bus, what I feel disgusted about is that our political class has tried and somewhat been successful to create a feeling that the mass protest are taking place against the criminals for committing the crime rather than against the system and the police........................that is why their only response is "we will bring tougher laws" instead of punishing the police officer for not taking FIR or whatever. I feel these protests r not against lenient laws, but, against the police.

2 people like this.
  13. smestarz

At this forum we can design a much complicated plane, Chastity belt should be much simpler design to ensure comfort and security.

14. smestarz

One of my radical solution might to legalize rape, and the people who conduct the rape, RAPE THEM OFFICIALLY.
    We can always outsource the work with African nationals with business visa, they might be interested in the job and job profile..
    But then it might also send wrong signals to the people

It is important to have good education system which is compulsory and ensure it (if the child is not attending schools, do not allow the family to deposit money in bank, cut their electricity, do not allow them Credit card) Let the society avoid families who do not want to educate their kids.

Let the basic education be FREE, and ensure that the school designs are very modern , The kids should love to go there just to see it (at least)
    Make the education more interactive, Design classrooms in nice way that the back benchers are no longer hidden (maybe Cameras in the corner of the class )

Unless the new generation of kids are not indoctrinated on what is right and what is wrong, and how the punishment could be, it might not change the situation, This is what we call Indoctrination. It worked well with Nazis and it worked well with taliban (in their own way) why we cannot indoctrinate nationalism and respect for fellow citizen and human beings, because the schools are not really teaching or stressing for it.
    like the pledge, everyone says the pledge at least once, but do we really live for it? We dont really care because it was just one page of the text book, IT SHOULD BE THE PAGE OF THE TEXT BOOK THAT SHOULD BE READ FIRST IN SCHOOL EACH DAY IN EACH CLASS.
    And that is indoctrination, our education system is Good, but it need to evolve, we need educated and cultured citizens, we are just educated,
    And for heavens sake stop those stupid TV serials which show wife beating and other tortures, that is also in a way encouraging it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

5-year-old raped girl from Madhya Pradesh continues to be critical

NAGPUR: The five-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a 35-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh and was shifted to a private hospital in the city, continues to be in critical condition today, hospital officials said.

The victim was brought to Maharashtra by an air ambulance last night and was admitted to a private hospital in Ramdaspeth here.

"The victim's condition continues to be critical and the team of doctors led by the Director (of the hospital) Dr Varun Bhargava are attending to her," spokesperson of the hospital said.

According to Madhya Pradesh police, the girl was allegedly raped by a person named Firoz Khan on April 17 in Ghansour town, after which he dumped her at a farm. The girl's parents found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to hospital.

The victim was first rushed to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur after a preliminary treatment and then send to Nagpur.

Ghansour police station in-charge R D Barti said a case under Sec 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman) and 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC was registered against Khan and police teams have been sent to Delhi and Bihar to trace him.

5-year-old raped girl from Madhya Pradesh continues to be critical - The Times of India