Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Population based on “Resource Sufficiency Evaluation” is Crucial

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by santosh, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeus_@21

Zeus_@21 Major SENIOR MEMBER

Okay, okay ..... But we both want go to the same destination, isn't it?? i.e. being free from the clutches of poverty and become a developed, environment friendly and resource sufficient country.

1) Go door to door.
    2) Give incentives to the poor/lower middle class families for having less kids.
    3) Family planning facilities (based on everyone's pocket).

No need of migration in the first place. If we do that.

Oh! man.... how many times I gonna repeat it like a parrot. I'm out of it.

Bye! Have a nice day ahead. ;)

2. santosh

santosh Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    @Averageamerican
    @rocky.idf
    @Picdelamirand-oil

look, you have to first discuss the major issue. and that is, why would the other parts of world share "expanses"/"feed" people of overly populated country? for example, even in your family, a person may simply say, "i don't want to bear expanses of another family member even if i earn quite high as compare to him/her."

here, the very basic issue is, "who will feed people of overly populated countries?" and then number of religious clashes also come, which is also a major issue in this regard too. as, no one wants to invite Sectarian Wars, mainly concerning Islamic Fanaticism, a rude but a straightforward statement.......

and hence, we must have Population Based on Resource Sufficiency Evaluation, to feel proud first that we may feed the people taking birth on our land. we simply can't through our shiits on others, and hence we must have a population we may successfully feed on the limited resources we have in any particular country :tup:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    Says Sanjay Gandhi. Nah, no. We must become strong and powerful to ensure equal and fair distribution of world's resources, landscape, employment, food and education.

4. santosh

Country Flag:
    India

you do have a point :coffee:

different people of world think differently and we both have few differences in our ways of thinking, perceiving different geo-political issues. and its true that you are a major contributor in discussing this key topic :tup:

5. santosh

Country Flag:
    India
    @rocky.idf
    @Averageamerican
    @Picdelamirand-oil
    @INDIAN NATIONALIST

Rocky, the above calculation states, Per Capita Income of Lowest 20% of India at $2,550 is 'little' higher than the average Per Capita Income of Bangladesh, as in the list as below :coffee:

GDP per capita, PPP (current international $) | Data | Table

6. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    I doubt Amartya Sen would agree with the methodology in arriving at those figures. I travel around SA extensively, and if seeing is believing, then our poor are definitely the least poor in SA - barring those in Bhutan.

7. Zeus_@21

Their is no rich poor or poor poor. :p

A poor is always a poor and it is difficult for them to feed their children, let alone study/health care.

I don't know about BD, but we will move towards the right path pretty soon. Just wait and watch as we will steal the show. People with a dozen kids and 4 wife will be busy crying fowl .... uahhh haaaiinnNNN!:cray::cray: we are poor ..... we are deprived.....:cray: we need more reservation.:cray:

While the rest of the world will be marching forward. I'm happy that the people around here are already adhering to having a small family of four except the followers of Islam.

There is very limited land here and no one to feed them for free. If they don't understand they will be the sufferer, who the **** cares?? :dirol:

8. Zeus_@21

Bhutan?? :rofl:
    You are very ill informed. It has one of the best health services for her people in the entire SA. And even after having such a treacherous mountainous country, they have a fairly good per capita and HDI(as per Amartya sen's formula :D). Even better than Bangladesh.

Bhutiya's come to Tripura every year in the winter season to sell some high quality winter clothes, shawl etc. They are really well behaved and hard working.

Amartya Sen would die out of heart attack after reading your comment bro!! :lol:

9. Zeus_@21

Why are you tagging AA and Picde??

They have nothing to do with this problem. It is our problem and we should solve it. Bro, plzz tag only those people who are related or concerned to the problem.

And remember! no country is going to accept the poor & uneducated population of another country. You have to solve it on your own. Like the way, it is only you who has to flush/clean your own dirty toilet. :lol:

China did it. We can also do it and even in a better way.

By adhering to the paths I've suggested . No need to force people, just make them understand and provide the facilities needed and they will rise on their own.

10. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    Sorry, I haven't typed what I meant. Bhutan is of course way beyond all others in education and healthcare which are free - meaning actually free. Their GNH is real. They are a happy lot with a socio-cultural balance rare in this age. But dunno for how long. Civilization/industrial growth have a history of bringing along all sorts of agonies to people.

Zeus_@21 likes this.
  11. Zeus_@21

If civilization/Industrialization brings agonies then BD should close their textile industry, export industry like fish, cow meat etc.

Agonies came out of the behavior in past. And it will not wash off that easily as the risk still prevails for ones set ideology/values. We still see the same behavior of that ideology and there is very little sign of change/improvement. We don't speak, doesn't mean that we are weak.

12. santosh

Country Flag:
    India
    @Zeus_@21

GDP on PPP of India by 2014

considering the method which was in application till 2007, and World Bank might have adopted it again

hmmm i myself isn't agree with the World Bank, i just did a calculation in last post with whatever data they have presented to us.

for example, the table as below states that GDP on PPP of Indonesia is now higher than that of Britain and France both, which is an incident of this century. while we traditionally know that Australian economy is always higher than that of Indonesian, while this table says its more than twice to Australian economy :coffee:

GDP, PPP (current international $) | Data | Table

and one more incident of this century, Chinese economy would now exceeds the economic size of USA this year, by 2014, check this table :coffee:

again, we had another way of measuring GDP on PPP till 2007, was in applicable by the World Bank and IMF, both. which states Indian economy was already above $5.0trillion+ till 2007, if we consider the 'estimated' 'undocumented part' of GDP too, as in that old method, which raise GDP on PPP of India by an hefty margin, as below.

i remember, Indian Economy on PPP had exceeded Japanese economy by 2007 itself, while the new method brought it down to 5th place by 2007, below to German economy :coffee:

and now we have GDP on PPP by CIA Factobook which consider the GDP on PPP measurement by new method as below, which doesn't consider 'undocumented' part of GDP so here we find GDP on PPP for the developing countries is very low :coffee:
    (the undocumented part of GDP for the Developed countries is very low, so it doesn't effect their data in World Bank table to that extent.)

The World Factbook

hence, even if things don't work in "Linearity", we may calculate an 'estimated' GDP on PPP of India as below, considering the method we had till 2007:-

= $4,990billion *5.16/3.19 = $8,072 billions by 2013.

and in a layman term, i find Indian and Indonesian economy of similar type, developing economy/ with reasonable level of resources and high population. so if World Bank double Indonesian Economy by using old method, as compare to that of CIA's PPP calculation for Indonesia, hence, i would say Indian economy would also reach nearly $9.0trillion+ by end of 2014, no less than that, considering 6% growth by 2014 and 2% inflation of US.
    (as we do PPP calculation based on the prices of USA.)

then we find India's per capita income on PPP = $9,000bl/1.25 = $7,200 by end 2014 :coffee:

and now you would find that i 'hardly' considered GDP Per Capita of India on PPP at around $6,000 by 2014 in my last post. but it would be at least 20% higher, if World Bank fix the mess of its calculation :tup:

World Bank has to fix the data's of new conversion they have adopted, hopefully by the next year :tup:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  13. Zeus_@21

What's the point in having a higher per capita if all the money is trapped into the hands of Ambani's, Tata's, Birlas's and Netas ?? What is the point in having the 10th(nominal) largest economy while 60% of your population is poor & 33% piss poor among those(no food, no shelter)?

Actually, It doesn't matter until we seek equal distribution of wealth. I'm not saying that give it for free, instead generate employment.
    Things are not that rosy. Isn't it?? But I think, we can make it rosy.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  14. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  15. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    Fertility rate, total (births per woman) | Data | Table

They say societies/cultures loose their identity and eventually existence with a fertility rate below 2.11. Look at the attachment. The White Man is concerned.At this trend USA will have 50 mlln Muslims in 50 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.