Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Possible sale of ALH Dhruv to Afghanistan

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by MAFIAN GOD, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    In the art of war, deterrance is more productive than actual war. IN and IA amphi brigade can take away a large part of PA for defense of so called targets which may not be actual targets. Same is the case with IA troops in Afgan. If we put even a brigade there, It will tie down a coprs of PA in that area. Division of troops on two fronts is what PA can't handle.
    We had assured US that as long as they are in Afgan, we will not trouble Pak on their eastern Border. Once US is Gone, it bcums our battle which we need to fight. ANA has shown its preference by rejecting PA demands to breakoff from IA. Now it is our turn to stand shoulder to shoulder with our Afgan Bros.

1 person likes this.
  2. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    I have already pointed out that scenario in this post.

http://www.indiandefence.com/forums...-sale-alh-dhruv-afghanistan-4.html#post287362

Kindly express your views on it.

3. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Is it due to its limited number of troops or resources or both ?

4. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    well i am still in favor of selling equipment to ANA
    and training them and deploying India troops if needed.

if we can pin down a Pakistani Corps or a division or 2
    We will have an immense Strategic advantage over Pakistan

1 person likes this.
  5. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I support the sell of equipments to ANA... its much better then in 2009 and now they are leading the attacks... afghans hate pakistan and if taliban become friendly to pakistan.. it will loose its support in afghanistan and if it will not.. pakistan army will be hunting it down... in both situations ANA will be in much better situation rather then in 1991 and present pay is 245 $ per month to a solider in ANA which is much more then what they will get with taliban... this time they have vested interest in better afghanistan and also the forces supporting them are not going to collapse as USSR..

so giving them some choppers and equipments will only increase the chances of their survival and this will increase the security of our investment in afghanistan and innocent afghan lives... few dozen dhruv or rudras can change the game.. and a pilot training program in India will increase the quality of afghan pilots.

6. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

True.

You cans tick around longer, if you wish.
    But don't forget the backlash you will face from elements in Afghanistan.

Once word from Islamabad for support for anti-Indian elements in Afghanistan will result in bloodshed.

Not true.

During the 90's our relations were worse.
    Today, the Afghan pashtun are oppressed by the invader who has marginalised them and targeted them.
    Also, the current government is made up of the NA, the civil war, war criminals in the eyes of the Afghan Pashtun.

Pakistan would love to drag you into this kind of conflict, where we can sit back and arm rag tag fighters, cheaply with AK 47 and ammo. While you pump funds and effort, which will inevitably go to waste. You're right, Indian presence is a cause for concern if left on it's own, but since PA wont stand idly by. And some of them would consider it a challenge and a sport.

The day any foreign army successfully invades FATA, you let me know.
    The PA is the most formidable force you can face in FATA. I reckon, again, Pakistani generals would love this situation.
    The PA along with tribals would easily butcher invaders, that is given that the invader is taking ground route also.

And you've just highlighted an issue for yourselves too.
    Indian army would have most presence in population centres such as Kabul. Areas near the Af-Pak border would be inaccessible.
    let alone trying to mount an invasion into FATA.

This also means that taliban will do to you what they did to the US, attack from where you don't have roads and transport links to reach.

Don't be fooled.

Couldn't have the US/NATO/ISAF and the ANA have done that by now?
    No... If you push Pakistan to openly support taliban
    You will face thousands of Pakistani pushtun tribes who will simply pour into Afghanistan and butcher.
    Besides, ANA is no strong force, they could barely take FC. Let alone PA mobilisation.

The Taliban today is stronger than before, stronger then they were at any time during the last decade.
    In fact, I was just speaking to an Afghan now, I hired him to fix a window in my house, he was just here and I made him tea, during the tea break, I asked him how things are back in Afghanistan. Even he says, 'in Kabul, there's not much support. But if you go to villages, there people get killed. Just a while ago, 3 people I know from a village were killed. It happens in lots of villages, and those people end up joining the taliban,'.

It's the first story I've heard of this, I hear of this all the time.
    And the fact that after a decade of all the above you've listed, the taliban are still there is a testament to what I say.

7. S K Mittal

S K Mittal Major SENIOR MEMBER

This will surely give strength to Afghan Forces..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.