Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Prashant Bhushan beaten up for his Kashmir comments

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Observer, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanjeeb Bose

Sanjeeb Bose Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I have seen the full attack sequence on the TV... two escaped and one was caught by the people... the attack was because of that earlier comment of his on Kashmir... the lone attacker caught told the police / media...

Prashant Bhushan called a subsequent press conference later where he was very quick to condemn the attack but he did not clarified his position on his earlier remarks on J&K... He should have taken this opportunity to clear his name... but he did not for best reasons known to him... so the question mark remains...

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    How many people in India till date have been punished for sedition, waging war against nation??? None.
    How many politicians till date have been punished for corruption since the creation of this nation??. None.
    That B****d Gilani from J&K comes and travels all over India spewing venom, has he ever been taken to task for sedition?. The Imam Bukhari of Jama Masjid in Delhi does it every now and then, Has he been punished for it? The youth of this nation has contributed for the growth of this nation. They are impatient and want action. They do not believe in dumpukht kind of food but fast food. they change their girl friends more often than they change their mobile phones. Can you make a fool of such a generation. They are better educated, action oriented. You and me and our parents could only give this nation a growth rate of 3%, these young guys are giving us 9% growth rate. The old thought must make way for the new thought.
    In Bhagwat Gita, Arjun asked lord Krishna as to who is Guru is, He said the prakriti which I have created is my Guru. Just the way a tree gives up old leaves during patjhad and waits for rains to have new ones, similarly the cycle life starts with death. The old must make way for new ones if the the world has to be sustained.

I am 46 yrs old and my children are far better in knowledge than what i ever had been. They have a very different approach to life, to me it is funny, but they are always correct.

Let us not teach our generation how to live. Give them the sanskaar and leave them to find their own ways and methodology.

1 person likes this.
  3. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

The attack wasn't because of his earlier comment but becuase promod muthalik thought it a great opp to get some publicity. when he realized it's gonna go against him developed cold feet and called it something else (damn coward). Part of statecraft is to say one thing and do something else. Say politically correct things (will of people etc.) but in reality work towards iron fisted integration. That's the ONLY way you build an empire

4. ManuSankar

ManuSankar Major SENIOR MEMBER

Look,I don't agree what he said.but this is no way we react to him.If he had committed sedition action must be taken by legal authorities.

5. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    My Brother, with due respect to you, I want you to please read the text of the UN resolution for which Nehruji agreed. After reading that please tell me who is at fault. Refrendum was promised based on certain conditions. Those conditions were never agreed to by Pakistan. Then in 1972 the UN resolution was replaced by The Shimla Agreement. That made the UN resolution redundent. Remember what happened in Indian Punjab in 80s? What is happenning in J&K is same. Majority of people are for India. But how can we have referendum only within Indian J&K? If it is a bilateral problem then please ask Pakistan to also agree for it in their part of J&K. Will they agree? NEVER. No one wants to be in Pakistan anymore, not even their generals, They have all sent their children to USA & UK by selling themselves to these countries. Please tell me one Major General or equivalent of Pakistan armed forces whose children are not residing in USA or UK? Sab saaley chor hain. They have raped their nation and created anti west feelings in the name of Islam while they have quietly stashed away all their wealth in these very countries.

1 person likes this.
  6. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Who cares about what they think,
    they are irrelevant and
    there opinions are of supreme insignificance,
    just ignore them.

7. Sanjeeb Bose

Sanjeeb Bose Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Nehru said many thing so did this also ... but that was for the year 1948 not relevant for 2011, if there was a referendum then in 1948 after Pakistani tribal looting & raping... the people in Kashmir have gone with India there was no doubt about that... The Pakistanis refused to withdrew army from the POK as one of the pre conditions...It all started in 1990's when the climate in Kashmir was vitiated using the RELIGION & JIHAD and the killing stated...... so now that that does not stands any more am sure you will agree with me.... This is a different time ....

I can give more explanation I will leave it for today...

It is not the matter of about speaking on referendum... the truth lies somewhere else... this guy wants to be a hero by picking up controversial issues... I would like to know have this guy gone to Jammu to look not the state to the Pandits living there for 20 years now?

8. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Taking to legal authorities,
    that means nothing,
    there wont be any action,
    just waste of time and money,
    it was best that he got a bit of treatment.

He is a loud mouth any way.

9. Nick 779

Nick 779 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Guys there was a thread about PB's statement. He got what he deserved and Pakistani trolls have no reason to feel happy over this. Pakistan itself rejected the demand for plebiscite in J$K in 1947.

1 person likes this.
  10. brain_dead

brain_dead Captain SENIOR MEMBER

This is ridiculous. Nobody got any right to beat anyone like this. Even i was very upset with the remarks that Prashant Bhushan made on Kashmir, but beating him like an animal is pathetic and very cowardice.
    If they wanted to register their objection against his remarks there were several other ways of doing that. But beating up a 50+ man like that was very very pathetic.
    I dont know why such bastards remain hidden when the likes of Rahul Vinci and Digvijay keep vomiting shit about this country, but guess what Prashant was a easy pick, no security cover no political power, so it was easy for them to get there hands on him.

Im a staunch hater of congress, but this incident is just so unfortunate.
    I challenge those impotents to do anything o this sort against Rahul Vinci if they are man enough.

11. brain_dead

brain_dead Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Also I dont see see how this act is going to go in favour of opposition at all. Maybe congress has something to do with this planned attack. Afterall they are the master of deceivers.

12. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Prashant Bhusan got confused with the public support Anna movement got... these guys are talking in the different way after the ramlila maidan(now they tell everytime what Anna wants not what Indian Citizens want as Anna is bigger then us) and same was with thier BS on J&K... what he got is what he deserved. this will remind him that Indians support him only for welfare of Indian not on these type of BS...and for the remaining one like arundhati they should get it too. good work done by those 3 guys. I am in full support for them

13. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

He did not "allegedly" say but in FACT did say that Kasmir and any other part of India that wants to break away should be aloowed to do so. Which self respecting can permit that? In fact which self respecting state will overlook such seditious statements? Law should have been activated to prosecute him on sedition charges. This violence takes place when the powers that be decide to snooze.

Bhshan's FIR should be investigated thoroughly, including his seditious rants. Being a member of team Anna does give a klicense to indulge in sedition.

14. rcscwc

If Anna is maligned it is the kali kartoot of Bhushan.

There are four ways to tackle such sedition. Dand दन्ड is the most potent and final mode. Law slept and no दन्ड was given. What should the people do? Right to freedom of expression is not absolute, and seditious statementsc are not covered.

Let a 1000 Bhushans be beaten daily. Now I hope he wopuld be more careful in future.

Yeah. A nation with a suicide wish.

15. rcscwc

He also talked about such refrendums in other parts of India. If you wish to break a country, a refrendum is best method.

In fact Bhushan was seeking publicity. Of course Hindus are extremists when territorial integrity of thec country is an issue. And Bhushan's statement does seek exactly that.

Down with seditionists.

Then I salute Muthalik for exposing a despicable sedition. Btw, Bhushan's statemt is a few days old, not months or years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.