Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Qureshi plays Kashmir card in US

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Desi Jatt, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desi Jatt

Desi Jatt Captain ELITE MEMBER

Qureshi plays Kashmir card in US

Pakistan on Thursday (October 21) asked the Obama Administration to work for the resolution of disputes in South Asia, particularly the Kashmir issue, which it claimed is the key to peace in the region.

Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi also spoke about the recent unrest in Jammu and Kashmir and said "any person of conscience cannot ignore the use of brute force against defenceless Kashmiri youth."

"It is in the interest of lasting peace, stability and development of the region that the US works for the resolution of disputes in South Asia. This has to begin with justice for the Kashmiri people," he said.

Qureshi was responding to a question at an event jointly organised by the prestigious Brookings Institute and Asia Society.

His comments came hours after the third round of the Strategic Dialogue between the US and Pakistan began. Contending that Pakistan is "deeply interested" in a peaceful and stable South Asia, Qureshi claimed that the prospect, however, "is in danger again by the recent events in Kashmir."

"Any person of conscience cannot ignore the use of brute force against defense les Kashmiri youth. In this unfolding tragedy over 100 Kashmiris have lost their lives in the past three months, many of them teenagers," he said.

"Their mothers are rightly bewildered at the deafening silence of the international community. Wisdom proposes that the aspirations of any people can't be suppressed by the use of force, such would be with the legitimate rights of the Kashmiri people," Qureshi said.

The Pakistani Foreign Minister's comments have come despite US' repeated assertion that Kashmir is a bilateral issue between India and Pakistan and it has to be solved by the two countries.

In response to another question, Qureshi said Pakistan wants good neighbourly ties with India. "Pakistan wants a very good neighborly relationship with India. What we are saying is we have outstanding issues. Both sides have agreed that dialogue is the only sensible way forward," he said.

He said the Composite Dialogue process has "shown results, incremental progress has been achieved and we need to pursue that and yes why not, I think, it makes a lot of sense that we improve relations, that we have good normal healthy relations."

Both India and Pakistan stands to gain from good normal healthy relationship, Qureshi said, adding that the region stands to gain from improved Indo-Pak ties. "One thing, we are certain that both realize we do not need to use it," Qureshi said in response to a question.

US-Pakistan partnership has profound consequences not only for our two nations but for international peace and security.

Qureshi plays Kashmir card in US- TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

2. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

a hundred times rejected by U.S,still shameless,he know how to fake-His ascent,expression's and thought's

Kudos

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  3. karan.1970

karan.1970 FULL MEMBER

you know, when he talks he reminds me of an old classmate of mine who was really bad at speaking to a large group of people. So in one of our Business Communications class, the prof guided him to make eye contact with the audience across the room to establish a personal connect. The first time that guy tried it was way too funny. He would read a couple of sentences from his notes, pause, scan the room looking into the eyes of a few people and then start reading again. Was so stupidly put on. The 1st time I saw some one doing it funnier is when I heard this clown speak..

1 person likes this.
  4. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

5. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

I dont know why this Land of Pure is always in begging mode?? US,UN has already rejected their demand and still they are crying?? :lol: :lol:

6. Leonidas

Leonidas FULL MEMBER

Sorry but i could not read after the bold underlined part..

They couldn't establish any of the three within their boundaries ever & they are talking about the region..? :crazy:
    Mind u Mr. Qureshi but the region (apart from your country) is already much stable, more peaceful & more developing (taking India,China & Bangladesh's economic growth)

So for hell's sake, STOP WORRYING ABOUT US & THINK ABOUT YOUR OWN GODDAMN COUNTRY..:angry:
    The region, infact the world, would be far stable, peaceful & developed if only your establishment stops exporting terrorism & your scientists stop proliferating.

And my fellow pakistanis, please don't bring forward the argument that ur country would not have been in this mess had kashmir been resolved. Every country apart from yours (India, china, Bangladesh, Russia, Japan, etc) has unresolved border disputes but still all these countries are in better shape than yours both economically & politically.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  7. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

With Obama visiting India in a few weeks, the U.S administration will not do any thing to antagonise the relationship with India.So Qureshi has to go back home empty handed(Ooppps......... with a handful of advice... )

8. Hindutvadi

Hindutvadi FULL MEMBER

I guess the GAME never starts...coz to play a game u need two players. pak is alone in this game and WILL NOT find a suitable player:smokin:

9. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

they are playing in single Player mode.........
    With terrorist outfits taking the place of Computer player.........

10. Hindutvadi

Hindutvadi FULL MEMBER

Lol bro...theve been playing from the last 60 years. To really feel the game,there must be 2 players. Wht say?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.