Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rafale deal signed

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by PARIKRAMA, Sep 23, 2016.

1. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

A flying prototype will go a long way to convince the IAF. With paper designs, they will treat it the same way as the LCA.
    @vstol jockey

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I also meant two LSA together and not individually.

3. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    One of the most reputed company of India which does CFD analysis for DRDO, ADA, Airbus etc and certified by CEMILAC will do the analysis of LSA and all this will be certified by them. Let me see after that who can say no to LSA.

Techy and PARIKRAMA like this.
  4. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes. I will formally approach EADS & Thales by the middle of next month for LSA. Once they come on board, I am sure IAF will listen and France will end up selling two aircraft to India. LSA & Rafale.

Techy, randomradio and PARIKRAMA like this.
  5. randomradio

I don't want to sound pessimistic, I am 100% behind your project, but the LCA did not fail at CFD analysis stage, it failed at delivery. Even though its design was adequate, it failed at the manufacturing and testing aspects of the program. LSA may get a step-motherly treatment because of the IAF's past experience with the LCA and you already know how bad the LCA program has progressed.

This time IAF will force MoD to make a pro-IAF decision because the MoD had already forced the LCA on them last year. The MoD doesn't have the kind of ammunition to force another development project on the IAF, along with the FGFA and AMCA.

Regardless I wish you the best on the LSA.

6. Inactive

Inactive Guest

All the best. I think the Rafale has run its course. No more Raffys!!!!!

Now, do I sense an American Aircraft on the horizon?

7. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I agree with you. But LCA was sabotaged by IAF & ADA together. There was lack of interest from ADA also as whatever they needed as finance was readily available. Lastly it got delayed bcoz IAF changed many parameters and asked for additional items.
    In case of LSA, I can take on IAF as the problems of LCA have been studied by me in detail.

8. randomradio

If Thales is involved, IAF won't get the room to delay the project, but Thales can end up delaying the LSA.

No chance of that happening. It's either the Gripen or LSA.

9. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    But Dassault seems relatively confident for 90 more Rafale. Trappier said that the long time of negociation was mainly due to the preparation on the MII approach for 90 more Rafale.
    http://www.defenseworld.net/news/15...Fighters_To_India__Eric_Trappier#.V_-QF9SLT4Y

10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Bro, France has Rafale deal in its kitty and Rafale under MII is a done decision. Now wud Thales and France like to leave the chance of partnering an additional jet which too will sell same numbers for IAF. Will they like to leave this pie entirely for someone else? I think French have much better brains then try and delay a project which makes them get more money for the research they have already done.

11. randomradio

I agree with that. But realistically, if the stuff you said about LSA is true, then the aircraft will be 'better' than the Rafale. That would mean LSA will put additional Rafale orders at risk. Then Thales will follow DGA's or French govt's authority since they are the actual IPR holders for Rafale tech. Under Dassault's pressure, the French govt can prevent exporting the Spectra for the LSA. Defence is still a dirty game.

If I were you I would keep the Israelis as backup, so they can expand production and deliver LCA Mk1A tech for the LSA also, in case Thales uses delaying tactics.

12. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Israeli IAI has chickened out already due to pressure from LM. They have told me Sorry already bcoz LSA is counter to F-16. Now it has to be France/Russia/EFT consortium to help out LSA. This forum is very well read for posts about LSA by nearly every contender for next single engine fighter for IAF including SAAB. AND I am loving it.

Techy likes this.
  13. randomradio

Nice.

It's cool though, I only gave the Israelis as an option. The Russians are equally good, especially with the MKI upgrade coming up. The LSA will be a lot cheaper with the Russians involved, and equally as capable.

14. Inactive

Inactive Guest

@Picdelamirand-oil @randomradio

Aw, providing an alternate opinion. You both are agreeing. There has to be some dissent :biggthumpup:

We have had this discussion in PDF:cheesy: Thought let me provide an alternate view here.:big_boss:

15. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    some of the equipment of Russia including their ejection seat and OBOG plus DIRCM K-101 has no western counterpart. They will be more than interested bcoz LSA has an export potential ten times more than Rafale.