Rafale deal signed

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by PARIKRAMA, Sep 23, 2016.

1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Media talked about 90% availability. I had that time also stated that no airforce works with such unrealistic figures. Even for war, we assume best availability of 75% only.

2. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Fire Breathing Dragon Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Initial maintenance is for 7 years and a option to sign a contract at same terms for another 5 years thereafter. The idea is clear that by 7th year the MII line and Indian ecosystem will be ready to take on this role of supporting our fleet

and availability is played down at 75% + a sperate logistics support package for high performance availability and spares in order to touch 90% under definite conditions

3. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    Always negative?

4. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

@jonas @BMD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://indiandefence.com/threads/mrca-updates-and-discussions.22159/page-1158#post-495116

surya kiran and PARIKRAMA like this.
  5. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

May I say, I always believed you and said 200+. Now let me tell you how, I knew. Of all the places a train journey. The person traveling with me was senior person from teh IAF maintenance command/wing. He explained a bit about the modularity during maintenance and that the IAF was completely behind it. 200+ is a given. With IN numbers it will be closer to 250-270.

Though ya, not as strong as from both you and vstol. When both of you started talking the same language have been trying to see which pvt company it will be.

Today is going to be Ricard Pastis day!

6. randomradio

7. randomradio

8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Nice to see everyone smiling and happy. A sign of good deal indeed.

PARIKRAMA and surya kiran like this.
  9. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Amazing. Next up, the second coming, a blue moon, and hell freezes over.

10. PARIKRAMA

Country Flag:
    India
    A little tit bit -
    28 single seater and 8 twin seater in this deal

11. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    It appears that the price of Rafale-M has been pegged at 10% higher than the Rafale-C.

12. PARIKRAMA

Country Flag:
    India
    Some more good news

Dassault: the sale of 36 Rafale to India paves the way for further success
    [​IMG]ActionsThere are 58 minutes

[​IMG]
    The Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian before a Rafale March 10, 2016 in Mont-de-Marsan (Photo GEORGES GOBET. AFP)

The CEO of Dassault, Eric Trappier, estimates that the sale of 36 Rafale fighter jets to India will open the way to other successes in this country and that Malaysia may be the next market winner in Asia.

Question: The sale of 36 aircraft to India she is not half a success compared to the original tender (126 Rafale, 108 manufactured in India)? Is this a first step for other contracts in India?

Answer: "I believe in a primer The 36 will be a primer We will continue efforts to get maybe renewal (wider) of the army of the Indian Air It will work the day after the... signing the contract on 36. Regarding the case of the 126, it took so much time that the Indians have said 'we will buy 36 aircraft directly +. Better than 36 126 virtual real. "

Q: The contract provides for compensation (offset). What are the guidelines and what Dassault benefits can he draw?

A:
    "The + offset + is: buy Indian products, produce and help produce parts that we buy in India, helping develop new products We will initiate an industrial plant, probably through a partnership with. local player. It will be aerospace and defense mainly. India is a major emerging country. It's easier to be here than in China. There will be no license problem of 'export...

It was an obligation of 50% offset. If the contract is EUR 8 billion was a theoretical obligation to 4 billion. After there are coefficients (an investment account over a gross purchase, note). We negotiated the principle, it has obligations, deadlines, chapter headings (...) Now we must do. "

Q: Does the contract he opens new perspectives in the region or elsewhere to Dassault?

A: "It is moving towards the East: Egypt, Qatar and India ... I would like to continue with Malaysia This is a little more again The first three countries were long users.. date of Mirage 2000, Mirage F1 ... We never sold a plane to Malaysia. It is a new challenge. I believe more in Malaysia than in Canada. the west side + + seems to me more complicated because of US close. Want or they may not buy American?

The snowball effect continues. There is a good momentum. French politics may appeal to some who want to stay more independent of the United States. We can not sell that kind of material if there is no trust (strategic) between two countries. "

Interviewed by Valerie Leroux
    http://fr.investing.com/news/actual...l'inde-ouvre-la-voie-à-d'autres-succès-190552
    ++
    Enjoy his interview..

13. positron

positron Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Congratulations to France, for managing to sell a dead duck.
    Hope the Chinese are not laughing yet

14. somedude

somedude Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Afghanistan
    @randomradio: what about unpinning the old MMRCA thread and pinning this one instead?

http://www.challenges.fr/challenges...6-rafale-en-inde-et-reve-de-90-de-plus_428230

Translation:

15. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    Perhaps they laugh yellow.

BlackOpsIndia and surya kiran like this.