Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rafale deal signed

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by PARIKRAMA, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    You are free to give your point of view here, no problems. But if I disagree it's also because I heard that the 90 added Rafale will be at a different standard that the 36 first and likely will converge with the next tranche of French Rafale.

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Let us not look at Rafale deal in isolation. Pls see the overall picture including the TOT and JVs. You will then realise the true potential. I still maintain that over all Rafale order will be minimum 225+.

kiduva21, PARIKRAMA, Techy and 2 others like this.
  3. Inactive

Inactive Guest

I agree. Aw ... was having fun disagreeing half heartedly ... more spice to the forum!!

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  4. Inactive

Inactive Guest

I am sure you are giving that figure of IAF + IN? Because I do agree. Notwithstanding my earlier comment, which was more of being the troll .... we have had this discussion over at PDF and I do agree to the figures you have quoted.

PARIKRAMA and vstol jockey like this.
  5. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    I think Dassault would be happy with 90 more..... for the moment!

PARIKRAMA, Techy and Inactive like this.
  6. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    How about 225+ Rafale and another 1500 LSA? They will probably die of happiness. LOL

PARIKRAMA and Techy like this.
  7. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

Because of the IAF, you basically have a lot of options. They will all line up outside your house one day.

8. randomradio

Let's aim for the 90 jets deal first. :D

PARIKRAMA and Inactive like this.
  9. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    the price of the LSA is so good that even countries like north korea may be able to afford a squadron or two lol

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  10. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    • The landing, starting and takeoff exercise at Leh airport in India has been successful for Rafale with the pilot as the only player (except to bring fuel) ...
    • During Singapore evaluation, or rather at the end when all the airplane equipment were deposited (including engines), the team rebounded Rafale aircraft ... and with no fixed point without fly test, the Rafale has gone back France: Singaporeans have taken the Rafale team for fools!

Inactive likes this.
  11. randomradio

Sorry, but I didn't understand.

12. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    First point: the exercise was so easy for the Rafale that no support team was needed. The pilot was able to operate alone.
    Second point : Rafale was ready for a long journey without any tests after the plane were dismantled and reassembled

13. Inactive

Inactive Guest

A case of heliocentrism (Sun being centre of the Solar System) and Galileo being condemned for the heresy? :cheesy:

14. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Captain IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    First test flight of Rafale pod Talios
    [​IMG]
    The test team in the F3R Rafale prototype equipped with the pod Talios © Thales

The laser designation pod new generation TALIOS (Targeting Long-range identification Optronic System) has successfully completed its first test flight on Rafale.

The test flight was carried out from the base of Istres by Dassault Aviation in part of the Rafale F3R program. The prototype pod Talios took off on July 27 in a single-seat airplane for a flight lasting over 2 hours.
    The test flight has collected images taken through a "day" and test score performance and telemetry, says Thales.

Designed by Thales optronics TALIOS is the first targeting pod to cover the entire decision chain, from intelligence gathering to neutralization. The pod is equipped with the latest generation of high-resolution electro-optical and infrared sensors, a stabilization of the line of sight and image processing. Its capabilities range from deep strikes with precision-guided munitions, identification of air-goals and close air support, day and night.

The pod TALIOS equip the Rafale of the army of the French air and the Navy. It is one of the advanced Rafale F3R standard.The first flight of the pod Talios was conducted under the aircraft Mirage 2000 test bench development tests and performance measurement will continue throughout the year 2017. They will lead to the qualification of equipment on the one hand, and the qualification of the F3R standard Rafale planned for mid 2018.

the Military Planning Act provides the command 45 pods for the Air Force and Navy, 20 of which have already been ordered by Thales DGA. Deliveries of the series of materials will occur from 2018.
    http://www.air-cosmos.com/premier-vol-d-essai-sous-rafale-du-pod-talios-83905

randomradio likes this.
  15. randomradio

So why did Singapore offend the French?