Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rafale deal signed

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by PARIKRAMA, Sep 23, 2016.

1. randomradio

randomradio Colonel Technical Analyst

That's obviously not going to happen.

Even for SE MII, we will have to buy at least 1 squadron as flyaway.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  2. X_Killer

X_Killer Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    than who is the bloody culprit, possibly you!!!
    According to me , the word "culprit" is not a respectable word in any form..

I have a suggestion for you that you have no need to think anymore ...

3. ashkum2278

ashkum2278 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

@PARIKRAMA Dear Sir, Thank you for the ADD.

Well this seems to be a balanced approach towards all future jet procurement. With Light, Medium and Heavy category having sufficient numbers to tackle any kind of contingencies as per requirement. What we would also need are SAM's in sufficient quantities to guard all the air bases. It is heartening to see that for the first time proper emphasis is being put on base infrastructure, shelters, SAM"S, MRO facilities and contracts being inked with Availability & supply of spares in mind to ensure optimum fleet availability and utilization. Looks like finally we are learning from our past mistakes wherein fleet availability , MRO and supply of spares were a major issue.

PARIKRAMA, cannonballs and X_Killer like this.
  4. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    More than MoD, its PMO leaning on a certain option....

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  5. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    The bad news for PMO is that the OEM of its preference has turned down any proposal of integrating Astra.... but agreed for products from Europe and Israel.

PARIKRAMA, ashkum2278 and Angel Eyes like this.
  6. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    we are a nation which pays thru its nose for weapons and yet get bulldozed by weapon sellers. Our way of dealing is like that of a beggar even while we are the buyer.

ashkum2278 likes this.
  7. Masterhunter

Masterhunter FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Lol, what else can u expect from Americans, their sole aim is to kill local industry anywhere.

If astra is integrated, and we learn how to do it, then being an sole MRO centre for upgrading all legacy fleet (as advertised by OEM), who will buy costly american AAM, when cheaper astra is available.

8. Masterhunter

Masterhunter FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Good news sir.
    My estimate was 3+1 base with 144 rafales.
    I think, IAF can save 1 base customisation cost by using present mirage base and modifying it, for sqn 9 and 10 (timeline will be 2028-32)
    By that rafale will be well integrated in IAF and nuclear role will be taken over by them.

Mirage can move to fwd bases in western front as first line defense along with LCA. They will be at the fag end of their life at that time

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  9. randomradio

Lol. It's just slang for "he is responsible for it".

Like take India Australia cricket match.
    Guy 1: Australia lost the match because of one guy.
    Guy 2: Oh yeah? Who's the culprit?
    Guy 1: Kohli.

Why are you getting so defensive about this? Didn't you put the same stuff on your Facebook page anyway?

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  10. randomradio

If we get the F-16, we will put whatever we want on it.

11. randomradio

Those M-2000s can be upgraded with a new engine and AESA radar after 2030. The airframe can be pushed to 2050. The current upgrade will give it 5500 hours of air time.

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  12. ashkum2278

ashkum2278 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Bro! there is a good possibility that the F-16 production line, might produce F-35 for IAF/IN after 6 squardons of F-16 have been added to our inventory. The reason i have mentioned the F-16 & f-35 is because strategically Sweden does not have much to offer, on the other hand US as a strategic partner has every thing to offer in all major sectors to propel India towards realizing its goal of being a super power in the coming decades. With all these fighters in its inventory, IAF would be a formidable force to recon with after mid 2030's. IF all these fighters are inducted in the numbers mentioned above Qualitatively we might surpass PLAAF, USAF & RUAF. With India steadily moving towards being the third biggest economy in the world by 2030's, sky is the limit as far as defense procurement is concerned. All we need is a steady government in the center with a spine to take tough decisions and follow it up with result oriented actions.

X_Killer likes this.
  13. X_Killer

X_Killer Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Genuinely, NO

I joined IDF in April'17 whereas the same stuff was already available at "Tejas- India's MRCA" fb page before that.

now the culprit is still Anonymous!! :hitwall:

anyways leave it and continue with thread topic..:biggthumpup:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    randomradio and ashkum2278 like this.
  14. Masterhunter

Masterhunter FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That is where you are always wrong dear,

We can fly it 2070 if we feel like, indians are that jugaad,
    But is it worth it?

Having airframe life doesn't make a fighter jet relevant after certain years.
    The question is relevance in warfare when VLO and stealth fighters will be in common usage.

It's better to let them go after 2035, that is my opinion.

More over, I only said that they should be moved to fwd bases with basic infrastructure.
    I said they are at the fag end of life in 2032, I never mentioned till when we can fly them.
    All eight sqn (mig 29/Darin III jags/mirage) will be at the fag end of life after 2032.. and we can start retiring them depending on sqn strength and airplane quality or else we will see same lvl of crashes as we see with MIGs.

15. Masterhunter

Masterhunter FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    IAF will never be superior to USAF or RuAF, in next three decades whatever we do and whatever we procure, because we will always be using imported high end planes in IAF, which will be inferior to the country of their origin.
    Till the time we don't have independent aero industry with I. House high quality R&D, it will remain a dream.

Yes we can qualitatively become superior to PLAAF, if we have FGFA/rafale/Super Su30/gripen/LCA/AMCA in sufficient numbers.
    The number I put for IAF to handle both pak and china is 46 sqds + 4 sqds for nuclear role ( 2 active 2 reserve). With IN having 15 sqds, taking over responsibility of A&N/ mumbai city/bombay high security/ southern india air defense