Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rafale deal signed

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by PARIKRAMA, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Pundrick

Pundrick Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I used to follow The Wire but it is very evident that in their quest to become 'anti-establishment' they are now adding fuel to many conspiracy theory meant for elections only and in turn 'indirectly' they are supporting INC.

Ajai Sukla is one of the biased and immature defense expert I have ever faced, I asked him one question on twitter and he banned me, though my question was little harsh. Very clearly he is tilted towards one political ideology.

Such accusation are only election specific and will soon fade away as media will get the actual details of the deal.

Bali78, Bloom 17, Ironhide and 3 others like this.
  2. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Are you yourself not tilted towards BJP, introspect, I'm also partial RW and skeptical of left, Let a neutral person decide and clear the confusion ? I don't understand this special love for BJP. BJP just like any political party teamed up with CPM and Muslims against congress. Indo-US nuclear deal.

Let a neutral person like @Hellfire judge

3. CNL-PN-AA

CNL-PN-AA 2nd Lieutant MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    Sooner than most believe. Especially if the decision has already been taken.

randomradio likes this.
  4. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Can someone point me to the post where IAF specific changes in the Rafale are listed out.

5. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel IDF NewBie

InfoWarrior likes this.
  6. Sancho

Lol, you asked a question and I gave you an answer that's all, don't shoot the messenger, just because you don't like the message.

7. Masterhunter

Masterhunter FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    See buddy,
    As per IAF there is TEF or SEF,
    Why are u putting a term like SEMMRCA first.

IAF wants SEF to reduce cost, granted that both F16/gripen have multi role capability albiet less than rafale. But IAF just said they want SEF and not SEMMRCA.

If we get 200 rafale and LCA projects crashes. Then pray tell me from where we can fullfill the requirement of 200 odd light fighters. They can only come from SEF chosen by IAF.

If we get both 200 rafale and LCA each we don't need SEF.

Anyone of them fails to reach requisite number, the deficiet will be filled by SEF.

Hope I am more clear now.

And plz STOP using SEMMRCA, MMRCA is dead.
    It's TEF or SEF now, as per IAF.

And about 20/sqn for Russian and 18/ sqn western. It's true by ground reality and yea U won't find any so called OFFICIAL documents or source for it. I can't reveal more than that how I come to know

8. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Unfortunately, most people will just dismiss this news as congress propaganda against current government, I understand them since I was like that. Then, I understood how I was being manipulated in the name of nationalism. It is hopeless.

9. Sancho

Not correct, because IAF don't differ between engine numbers but weight classes:

Former Air chief Raha:
    We still have voids in our combat aircraft numbers. To fill up the void, we have been working with the government, to at least produce one more type of fighter aircraft, in Make in India initiative.
    ...It would be ideal to have a few more squadrons of Rafale...I think there is a possibility, I'm sure the government will look at it, if it's a good deal and if it can come in the Make in India category. But then, the costs are quite high, so therefore it requires something other than this twin engine medium class variety.

Current Air Chief Dhanoa:
    Commenting on the MMRCA for which Rafale has been zeroed down upon, Dhanoa said, “There are various avenues that are being explored. There is a requirement for us to buy an MMRCA-class aircraftmore than the 36 numbers that we have signed. Which platform may come in, that is something between us and the government.”

They have heavy with the MKI, Tejas covers the light class and they want medium class in between. And since the PM only bought 36 Rafales, there is a medium class need, that the SE MMRCA is suppose to fill!

10. screambowl

screambowl IDF NewBie

It's been more than 7 years and this MMRCA or Rafale is still being debated.

Time, money and resource wasted. And still don't have any single unit inducted.

Othersides you have that FGFA JV. Without any destiny.

Looks like IAF will only fly these planes on defence forums.

BON PLAN and InfoWarrior like this.
  11. Sancho

That's why most of the media bought it, when the government sold the deal as a bold step and an emergency procurement, but the fact is, if they had bought 126 Rafales or EFs, back in 2014, we could have got the first Rafales/EFs in India already, including a production line!

But yes, the current discussion is based on the political issue, since the Congress is using it for the election and their crony capitalism PR, while the mistakes in the procedure and the real loss of fighter numbers and industrial benefits, are only pointed out by a few so far.

Not to mention that the BJP is following with their own propaganda now too, which adds to the confusion.

Things like the weapon pack or customisation's are now sold as something special, which is nonsense, since the customisations are part of any fighter deal or upgrade, to make the fighters capable according to the IAF requirements (HMS, data links, IFF, SPICE 2000). In fact, Rafale gets pretty much the same customisations, that the Mirage 2000 got via the upgrade under the UPA government.

So there is a lot of BS spread at the moment, but at least parts of the media have picked up the real problems, check the Ajay Shukla article too:

http://indiandefence.com/threads/rafale-deal-signed.56201/page-499#post-609451

Pundrick and InfoWarrior like this.
  12. screambowl

screambowl IDF NewBie

Buddy just tell us in short .. what is IAF getting how much and till when. Thanks!

13. Sancho

Nobody knows, the government after nearly 4 years, still haven't figured out what they want.
    We only know what IAF wants:

18+96 Single Engine MMRCAs, next to the already ordered 36 Rafales and if funds will be available at a later point, also 36 more Rafales.

screambowl likes this.
  14. screambowl

screambowl IDF NewBie

so by 2022 India will have 36 Rafales

But It's end of 2017 and not a single is delivered. How would 36 be delivered in the next 4.5 years?

15. Sancho

Delivery starts by 2019.

screambowl likes this.