Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rafale deal signed

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by PARIKRAMA, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    Please, it's not Rafael (Israelian company) it's Rafale (in French "Rafale de vent" means "Gust of wind") it's like Typhoon, Tornado etc....:rolleyes:

2. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    No F 35 ;)

Schwifty and PARIKRAMA like this.
  3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    For the requirements of IN, only Rafale with 10% enhanced thrust will be able to meet the QRs likely to be published. F-18 will need engines with atleast 112KN engines to be able to go from STOBAR carriers. LSA twin can also do it but its not likely to be a reality.

4. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    Qatari Rafale (DQ01) begin tests at Istres

R!CK and PARIKRAMA like this.
  5. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Captain Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    IF Parrikar is true to his word he won't accept such a BS offer then. He made it clear the SE LWF offers would only be entertained on the basis of extensive ToT, kit assembly with negligable ToT hardly fits this criteria.

I'm not expecting Parrikar to be consistant but I would hope the media/public hold him accountable if/when he does the unthinkable and bows to US pressure and orders the F-16.

If such a calamity happens, Parrikar should be booted out and never be allowed to serve in public office again (will this happen? of course not, the Indian political class are a protected species).

There is still no reason India should go for the F-16/Gripen LOGICALLY but this is India and logic is not its strength.

R!CK, Grevion, PARIKRAMA and 2 others like this.
  6. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Couldn't agree more, if I was DA this is EXACTLY what I would do. Irrefutable proof the Rafale is the only bird for the role instead of allowing the discussions to take place using theory and hypothesis.

This move would hand the IN deal (for at least 90 jets) to DA.

@Picdelamirand-oil @BON PLAN @CNL-PN-AA @halloweene

7. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Frustrating how opaque DA is with these things, if it was LM there would be hourly updates from their PR team on mulitple social media outlets (twitter, facebook and youtube) and us fanboys could get exicted about how the IAF Rafale may be shaping up.

PARIKRAMA and BlackOpsIndia like this.
  8. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    Tests begin with integration of SNIPER and an HMDS... The identification is DQ and Indian identification is DH and EH so D and E are perhaps new versions of Rafale corresponding to B and C (old French one)

9. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    So both are just hot air:haha:

10. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Hmmm, "H", following the DA tradition for IAF sales ( orginal Mirage 2000s were designated 2000H) but interestingly the upgraded designation for IAF Mirages is 2000I/TI.

R!CK and PARIKRAMA like this.
  11. Ripcord322

Ripcord322 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Very Well Said........
    Anyway.....I personally think that ToT in this day and age....Is....Almost Impossible....
    But I can only hope for it......
    Even the Russians didn't give us anything.....Why would the Europeans and Americans bother....
    We either have to steal it..or develop it our self....

PS: There have been a few good cases of ToT, For Example Ukraine passed us the Complete Blueprints of their RP-1/LOX Engines under Project 'Jasmine'...Which enabled us to develop our SCE-2oo Engine (AFAIK)....I don't think ay American OR European Weapons Company will Gives us a similar ToT....But of coures if we pay them enough and assure them some orders...They might assist us in weapons development.....

12. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I also don't think theat ToT with these highly sophisticated technologies is that realistic, I am simply asking that Parrikar be, for once, be made to stand by his comments. He has said ToT is the only consideration for if a SE LWF will come. IF the F-16 is ordered it will be clear that he has outright lied and for that it is only fair that he is removed.

The F-16 can't simply be allowed to be ordered by conditions that favour Lockhead Martin.

To me it seems as though the US (with elements in the GoI) are trying to slip the F-16 in through the backdoor and it would be ideal if there was any form of scrutiny and checks in place to ensure India's interests were protected. One can but dream...

PARIKRAMA and Ripcord322 like this.
  13. somedude

somedude Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Afghanistan
    And "rafale de mitraillette" is "burst of machine-gun fire" so it's a nice double-entendre.

Cold air, because a Rafale has a chilling effect on its victims. :p

Makes sense, I comes after H in the alphabet. Having the first standard be I and the second be H would seem like going backward. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    AbRaj, Gessler and PARIKRAMA like this.
  14. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Everywhere I see Rafale, Rafale, Rafale in those points.

15. Grevion

Grevion Think Tank TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It's good that you are not seeing ban, ban, ban in our posts so far.:mrgreen: