Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rafale's mini encyclopedia.

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by DrSomnath999, Mar 6, 2012.

1. DrSomnath999

DrSomnath999 Major RESEARCHER

Country Flag:
    France
    MBDA unveils new air-to-ground armament at Le Bourget

19/06/2017

[​IMG]
    FIL INFO

© MBDA
    Facebook2TwitterPlus d'options...2
    Article payant offert

MBDA presents the new SmartGlider family of guided weapons, optimised to counter anti-access strategies and other emerging battlespace threats. Planned to become available for fast jets no later than 2025, SmartGlider forms a family of all-up-round glider weapons, with folding wings and a range of over 100 km. This new generation of air-to-ground weapons is designed to counter new networked short- and medium-range surface-to-air threats, as well as moving/relocatable targets or hardened fixed targets.

The compact family member, SmartGlider Light, is 2 meters long and weighs 120 kg. 12 to 18 SmartGlider Lights can be carried on an aircraft thanks to a Hexabomb Smart Launcher (HSL) capable of managing reactive strikes without affecting the pilot’s workload. As such, the SmartGlider Light will allow first-day-entry by saturating and destroying enemy air defences.

For general purpose missions, the SmartGlider Light can be engaged against a wide spectrum of targets, from hardened and defended fixed targets such as hangars, to relocatable targets that can only be destroyed from a standoff distance with significant lethal effects.

Last, MBDA also prepares a 1,300 kg SmartGlider Heavy able to carry a multipurpose warhead of more than 1,000 kg to deal with large and hardened infrastructure.

“The SmartGlider family considerably reinforces the air-to-ground capabilities of the combat platform, sitting between the bombs equipped with guidance kits and cruise missiles”, explains François Moussez, MBDA Military Advisor. “Designed for use in high volumes in order to saturate air defences, SmartGliders are gliders that, thanks to a high lift-to-drag ratio and their integrated guidance and navigation, will feature a range of over 100 km allowing the combat platform to stay at safe distance from the enemy defences.”

Lionel Mazenq, Business Development Manager France, adds: “Our SmartGliders will integrate new technologies in their guidance and navigation functions, as well as multipurpose warheads. Thus, they will be able to reach and destroy the best defended targets, notably enemy air defences, thanks to a mix of optronics and radio frequency sensors that makes them robust against anti-access measures.”

“Throughout thirty years of work on the SCALP/Storm Shadow and now on future deep strike, MBDA has gained an in-depth understanding of penetrative missions in hostile territory”, states Antoine Bouvier, CEO of MBDA. “We have therefore been able to optimise the costs of the aircraft and missile combination and succeeded in designing a truly efficient weapon for use in high volumes that perfectly complements the SCALP/Storm Shadow and its future follow-on FC/ASW that we are developing through Anglo-French cooperation.”

Communiqué de MBDA, 19/06/17
    https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/mbda-devoile-au-bourget-un-nouvel-armement-air-sol

@Sancho
    so spice competitor is here but it would take time

Sancho likes this.
  2. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Fighting aviation of the future: what are the challenges for Europe?
    • By Massi Begous
    • Update The 20/06/2017 with 07:47
    • published The 20/06/2017 at 06:00
    [​IMG]

TRIBUNE - Massi Begous, partner Roland Berger, warns of the need to prepare the post-Rafale today and explains why Europeans must make common cause to retain their skills.

The armed forces in Europe and in the rest of the world, are currently delivering their Rafale , Eurofighter , F22, F35 ... brand new! If one considers that a combat aircraft remains in active service for more than thirty years (thanks to the mid-life renovations), why start now to talk about combat aircraft of the future?

The main reason is that it can take between ten to fifteen years between the first studies and the first deliveries of a program of combat aircraft . It is therefore imperative, from the delivery of the last copies of a new program, to prepare the next generation.

Thus, during the 2020-2030 decade, it will be necessary both to carry out the mid-life renovations of the current aircraft, find a replacement for the German Tornado, and also to prepare a so-called "sixth generation" plane concept. The Americans have already started working on it (FX and F / A-XX projects).

Towards the sixth generation?
    Before addressing the sixth generation technologies, let's take a quick look at the previous generation. Fifth-generation aircraft, including the F22 and the F35, have a well-defined set of specifications: stealth, super-maneuverability, super cruising, high-altitude flight, tactical data linking and data fusion.

The Rafale, although described as a "generation 4 -" aircraft, fulfills as much, if not more, fifth generation criteria than the F35. There is therefore a large amount of marketing in this name (effective if one considers the list of its European and Asian customers).

For the sixth generation, the criteria are more ambitious but less specific, as it is a question of "significantly improving" the following characteristics: survivability (persistence, capacity to stay on target) Ability to operate in a hostile environment), net-centricity (ability to operate within a web-based network), situational awareness, human-system integration Operate the airplane and the human as a single system) and effectors (new types of armaments, mainly lasers).

The place of the drones
    This operational and technological leap is necessary because the sixth-generation aircraft will be designed to operate in an environment of symmetrical conflicts, facing very technologically advanced nations (China, Russia, etc.). This environment will be characterized by new threats: cyber, electronic warfare, sophisticated air defense, means of passive detection (radars are active detection means, little discrete), and directed laser weapons (lasers). If the fifth generation represents a continuous evolution from the previous one, the sixth generation will be a revolution, for which solutions, technologies and employment doctrines are still far from mature.

Future combat aircraft will not only be made up of piloted aircraft but also of drones. While it is recognized that combat drones (UCAVs) are not intended to act in a completely autonomous way, but in addition to the piloted airplanes, two non-exclusive concepts are possible: a large UCAV accompanying a pilot 'Is the Franco-British FCAS concept), and swarms of small drones capable of carrying out intelligence, targeting or attack missions.

From data link to "Cloud"
    Future fighting aviation will operate in a network - the Americans talk about " Combat Cloud " - in which intelligence means (drones of all types, mission aircraft, satellites ...), means of command and control Of course means of combat (planes, drones, missiles ...) will be connected within a network of type Web.

We believe that such an approach will upset the conduct of military operations. It is perhaps the most complete revolution. Indeed, the command of the air operations will have to be rethought, a functioning "in network" being by nature non hierarchical.

What approach for Europe?
    If European countries have to increase their defense budgets, they must also become more autonomous towards the American ally. This independence must be based on technological sovereignty and a common capacity to prepare for the future.

On the technological front, the risk of loss of competence for European industry, the acquisition of the F35 by the United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Italy and the Netherlands, must be stopped.

Indeed, this choice could ultimately weaken our sovereignty in key technologies: engines, mission systems, sensors, weaponry, connectivity ... French industry is certainly mastering these capabilities, thanks to a continuous effort on the part of all Governments for 50 years; But France will not be able to finance the development of a sixth generation aviation alone.

Creating the equivalent of a Darpa in Europe
    One way to develop the future aviation combat technology would be the integration of Germany into the Franco-British FCAS program (Germany must develop a new airplane to replace the Tornado by 2035). This integration should take place not at the level of the platform (combat drone for France, aircraft piloted for Germany), but at the level of associated systems and technologies (connectivity, cyber, armament ...). This would also prevent Germany from turning to the F35.

In order to prepare for its future, Europe must be able to define responses adapted to its geostrategic environment. The creation of a techno-operational research organization based on the American Darpa model (Pentagon's advanced research agency) would bring this capability and allow us to develop innovative programs and key technologies according to processes Agile, as well as testing new job concepts. At a time when the new President of the Republic is seeking to revive Europe, notably through the defense, an initiative to set up such a tool would be a strong signal
    https://translate.google.com/transl...s-enjeux-pour-l-europe.php&edit-text=&act=url

Sancho likes this.
  3. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Air Force: 50 jobs to get off the ground
    Etienne Gless
    Published on 06/20/2017

[​IMG]
    "To become a mechanic on Rafale, I first obtained an aeronautical BTS in Toulouse." Matthieu, 23, Sergeant of the Air Force. // © Etienne Gless
    The Air Force launches its new communication campaign on June 20, 2017 to recruit 3,000 young people between the ages of 16 and 30 by the end of 2017. Pilot, air traffic controller, computer scientist, mechanic or commando rifleman ... L'Etudiant Met with young recruits at the Mont-de-Marsan base.

"Whether you're a mechanic on Rafale, a firefighter or a computer scientist, no matter what the job in the air force, everyone is an aviator!", Explains Colonel Mollard, commander of the air base 118 "Colonel Rozanoff" at Mont-de-Marsan in the Landes. This morning in mid-June, the site opens its doors to a hundred secondary students of the lycées of the region for a day of immersion.

[​IMG]
    Elsa, secondary school student, discovers the cockpit of a Rafale fighter plane on the Mont-de-Marsan airbase.
    // © Etienne Gless

On the menu, meetings with the staff of the base, country lunch with training ration and craft workshops : discovery of the control tower, training dog training, exploration of the cockpit of a fighter plane, demonstration of falconer and Drones ... Elsa, second-year high school student at the Jean-Cassaigne high school in the Landes, discovers the cockpit of a Rafale fighter and realizes the skills to have: " It takes perfect visual acuity to be a pilot. Craft is not for me who wears glasses! "

3,000 new recruits in 2017
    A seductive operation to meet the important recruitment needs . The army increasingly employs under contract. A fighter pilot must sign a contract for at least ten years, an aeronautical engineer for at least five years, a computer technician will sign a six-year contract, etc. Recruiting officers and non-commissioned officers and non-commissioned members, the Air Force is planning a total of more than 3,000 hires in 2017 . 1,140 non-commissioned members will occupy positions predominantly in the field of safety-protection: firefighters, fusiliers and dog handlers, parachutist commandos. The 1,200 non-commissioned officers will mainly be specialized in technical fields : aeronautical maintenance, general mechanics, information technology, networks and telecommunications.

The Air Force will also recruit about 290 officers this year : pilots and sailors under contract hired from the ferry, but also from non-navigating personnel recruited to bac + 3 or bac + 5 in the fields of informatics, The security of information systems, and of course, cyber defense .

[​IMG]Anne, 23, Sergeant, is in charge of air traffic control at Mont-de-Marsan Air Base 118. // © Etienne Gless

"With 23% of girls, the air force is the most feminized of the armies", praises Colonel Hervé Chêne, in charge of recruitment . "After my baccalauréat and my studies in biology in an IUT, I reoriented myself to the job of air traffic controller," says Sergeant Anne, 23, in charge of air traffic regulation on base 118. His emoluments After 13 months of service? The young woman is paid 1.387 € net per month.

In the army, the pay - the civil remuneration - evolves according to your rank and professional development. A crew member of the Air Force ranks with the rank of Corporal will start his career with 1,387 € net per month (fed and housed). A fighter pilot with the status of officer will mean 2,596 € net after his training as a pilot.

Highly sought-after software and security developer
    "I'm a software developer for the Air Force," says Mathieu, 25, a member of the Air Operations Operations Group (GAIO). After his baccalaureat S, the young IT officer spent four months at the training school for non-commissioned officers of the air force (EFSOAA) of Rochefort-Saint-Agnant before completing his technical specialty in Rennes During seven months : "We are very close to the field, we talk a lot with pilots on different software, which is exciting", enthuses Mathieu who after beginning his studies in engineering school wanted to join the army of The air "to be remunerated and put into practice my computer knowledge".

Fighter pilot, a job available from the bac
    "I became a fighter pilot with just the baccalaureat," says Marc, 29, a pilot officer at the 3/30 "Lorraine" fighter squadron, one of two pilot squadrons on the Mont-de-Marsan base With the 2/30 "Normandy-Niémen" squadron. "I passed the psychotechnical screening tests before I followed my training as a military and pilot." If the Air Force recruits 70 Air Force School students in 2017, who will also be aeronautical engineers, it will also employ and train 60 pilots and sailors under contract from the ferry.

[​IMG]
    Marc, 29, a fighter pilot at the 3/30 "Lorraine" fighter squad. // © Etienne Gless

"Literary baccalaurés also make excellent pilots," says Colonel Chen. "There is no competition but a selection. The procedure for a bachelor's degree is simple: you go to a CIRFA (air force recruitment center) which will send you to Tours for four days Psychotechnical tests in an old cabin with springs in unstable positions, tests of reading computer cards, tests of questions of general scientific and technical culture, and, of course, you must also be In perfect physical condition: do not have hearing, back or vision problems. "

Aircraft mechanic, a key business
    "We are often the eyes of the pilot when he lands in a complex area," says Nicolas, 36, a sailing mechanic who is the technical assistant of helicopter pilots and often also serves as bunker chief. And to recount a memory of helicopter rescue of people about to drown in Djibouti.

Matthieu, 23, is mechanic "pistard" on Rafale. It exercises on the ground in hangar and on the tracks. "I check the aircraft every morning, I'm the last one to check the plane before it takes off, and I'll even tie the pilot into his cockpit," the young sergeant smiled. "After my college, I passed my BIA (aeronautical initiation certificate ), which made me want to study in aeronautics. After my Bac STI electrotechnical engineering, I spent an aeronautical BTS in Toulouse. Exercising as a mechanic in the army differs from the conditions offered in the civilian: missions are more varied, "Matthieu said.

Protecting personnel and "equipment"
    On the air bases there are many soldiers in charge of the safety and protection of men and equipment, starting with airplanes. Corporal Jordan, 26, has been one of them since 2015. This commando fusilier ("Fusco") belongs to the Base 118 protection squadron. "The qualities to exercise this job are an excellent physical condition, Cold blood and a lot of patience, because we sometimes do 24-hour guards, " says the young non-commissioned member who joined the Air Force as a contracting officer for four years.

[​IMG]Jordan, 26, commando rifleman at the protection squadron at the base of Mont-de-Marsan. // © Etienne Gless

"After a BEP and a public works baccalaureat, I joined the Army one year but the prospects for development were low. I returned to civilian life where I graduated The ambulance officer before re-hiring me, this time in the air force, where the chances of progression are more numerous. "

After the sports and medical screening tests, Jordan was trained at the Air Force Combat Operations Readiness Center (CPOCAA) in Orange. "Then I completed the training course of five weeks to become a fusilier commando, called" stage maquis "!" Smiled the young "aviator". What to give wings!
    https://translate.google.com/transl...-exercez-und-es-50-metiers-qui-recrutent.html

P.S i wanna be a rafale pilot plz hire me as pilot My role model pilot is ducktales 's cartoon Launchpad ,
    upload_2017-6-21_1-8-22.jpeg
    he is the best pilot IMO . I can fly rafale like him:crazy_pilot:

anant_s and Sancho like this.
  4. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

The time frame fits to Rafale F4 and it seems to be a French project, so AASL? @halloweene

The HSL sounds very interesting!

P.S. The sad thing is, that this weapon pretty much could be, what I suggested for AASM for years! AASM seeker part, with a redesigned frame to add a 100 to 125Kg warhead, a wingkit instead of the propulsion (available as option), new launcher for more loads.
    Wasn't really that difficult and still Sagem messed it up.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  5. nicolas10

nicolas10 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

6. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    FROM AIRFORCE MONTHLY JULY 2017 SPECIAL RAFALE EDITION
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  7. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Aequs doubling Rafale output aiming to triple annual sales by 2020
    By: Pierre Tran, June 23, 2017 (Photo Credit: HESJA)
    LE BOURGET, France — Aequs announced it is doubling the output of the Rafale fighter jet to help reach its goal of tripling annual sales to $300 million by 2020, said Aravind Melligeri, chairman and CEO of the Indian precision engineering company.

Aequs will double present turnover of $500,000 on each Rafale due to increased production of the twinjet fighter, he told Defense News at the Paris Air Show.

“That’s good for us,” he said. “Our goal is to be a core machining activity. We want to be a global player.”

Aequs supplies machined parts to Dassault from France, where the subcontractor has four factories, said Melligeri, whose office is in Spring, Texas.

Click here to get full coverage from the Paris Air Show.

Prime contractor Dassault Aviation, a family controlled company, has worked closely with French suppliers to speed up Rafale production to two units per month after winning Egyptian, Qatari and Indian orders.

New Delhi did not seek a transfer of technology in India’s off-the-shelf order, so Aequs’ French factories will gain from the Rafale deal rather than its large plant in Belagavi, near Bangalore.

There is close attention on the Indian Navy’s requirement for new fighters for aircraft carriers and airbases, with the F-18 and Rafale seen as the main contenders, he said.

Éric Trappier, Dassault chairman, has previously said the company is in negotiations with India, which has “immense” requirements, with the Navy looking to order 57 fighters.

[​IMG]
    Defense News
    Dassault Prepares for Possible Additional Rafale Orders

Aequs last year acquired the French Sira group to expand its industrial base in Europe. Melligeri declined to disclose the acquisition price. Aequs expects 2017 sales of $100 million after $83 million last year. The target is to reach $300 million in 2020, he said. The company, set up in 2009, is based at a special economic zone at Belgavi.

The company’s sales in France are evenly split between military and civil, while group sales are 70 to 80 percent in commercial contracts. The three biggest clients are Airbus, Safran and UTC Aerospace.

Lockheed Martin announced on Monday at the air show that its Indian local partner Tata Advanced Systems Limited would handle F-16 final assembly and check out if New Delhi picked the U.S. bidder for the Indian Air Force.

Saab is expected to pitch its Gripen E in the Indian Air Force requirement for a single-engined fighter.

Dassault’s doubled output will lead to 22 Rafale per year, as the factory at Mérignac, in southwest France, is closed for the traditional August summer holiday.
    http://www.defensenews.com/articles...ach-its-goal-of-tripling-annual-sales-by-2020

8. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    FROM AIR & COSMOS MAGAZINE 15 JUN 2017

[​IMG]

some sort of improved FADEC for engines is being developed

[​IMG]

These are the hot parts of the Motor (compressors and turbines High pressure, combustion chamber)​
    Which are directly concerned. For the record, Safran Aircraft Engines had already proposed to United Arab Emirates version More powerful M88, baptized M88-9, and whose unit thrust.With heating increased from
    7.5 tons to 9 tons. "Among recent developments,We recall the success of the development Pack CGP (acronym Of total cost of ownership) Which resulted in the version Current M88-4E. These improvements
    have extended the duration of Life of critical parts, reduced Maintenance and increased costs
    inspection intervals and the availability of the fleet.
    Safran Aircraft Engines has exceeded all specifications determined by the DGA on this product. All Users in​
    expressed their satisfaction in the outcome of these developments
    observes
    Didier Desnoyer.

Among the main
    Changes that
    On this version, the compressor
    Has been given
    Three new rectifiers and
    Of a new rear cover, while
    That the high-pressure turbine
    Has received new blades. " The
    Military authorities consider that the
    Is no longer a concern then
    That it is the most
    Solicited in the aircraft, "adds
    Didier Desnoyer. The Army of
    The Air had already announced a return
    Experience
    Positive as a result of operation
    Harmattan in Libya in 2011,
    With a turbojet engine
    Well under conditions
    High temperatures, and
    The achievement of an obvious maturity.
    FCAS AND INDIA.
    The future thruster of FCAS
    Is on a technological basis
    Of M88 for hot parts.
    At the moment, Safran Aircraft
    Engines is waiting for a decision
    Of the program
    Of the demonstrator.
    The future of the M88 is also
    India with the Rafale contract.
    "Safran Aircraft Engines realizes
    Few specific developments
    For the Indian Rafales.
    This contract includes
    With a commitment
    "Offsets" up to
    Of 50% of its value. 70% of
    This amount includes
    Purchases of civilian or military parts
    Manufactured in India and 30%
    Are intellectual services.
    It is within this framework that
    We propose to the Government
    Indian an accompaniment
    In the development of
    Its engine Kaveri for the LCA
    (Light Combat Aircraft). This project,
    Supported by the Government
    French, would provide India with a
    Of sovereignty over
    Design, development
    And the production of an engine
    Airplane. This
    We have a great first:
    Transfer technology and
    Co-develop an engine with
    Another country, "concludes Didier
    Desnoyers.

@BON PLAN @Picdelamirand-oil
    any one can u plz translate what it says

REGARDS

9. nicolas10

nicolas10 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

10. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Altran & Luciad power Dassault Aviation’s new mission preparation system for the RAFALE & Mirage 2000 fighter jets
    The mission preparation system OPERA provides pilots with all the necessary information for flight simulation training and flight missions by combining high-performance software with an intuitive interface.

PARIS - In search of an innovative technological solution that would be precise, comprehensive and tailored to its needs, Dassault Aviation has chosen to work with Altran and Luciad in order to design its Mission Preparation System, known as OPERA, for its RAFALE and Mirage 2000 fighter jets.

The relevance and accuracy of geographic information is a key component for mission success. OPERA is a user-friendly system, dedicated to the preparation of training simulations and combat missions. The system first makes it possible to prepare a mission by supplying pilots with all necessary information (aerial photographs, satellite coverage of terrain, aeronautical charts, 2D/3D topography, targets, ally and enemy troops, along with other tactical and geographic data). OPERA then allows pilots to rehearse the mission in order to validate tactical choices. Once this stage is completed, the system converts the data to a dedicated format for uploading to mission calculators. In addition to its outstanding software performance, the system supplied by Altran and Luciad provides a functional and intuitive user interface.

“The visual geospatial analysis tool, ‘LuciadLightspeed’ takes into account every one of our data formats Furthermore, this product offers 2D, 3D and 4D capabilities. Its performance, precision, and handling of data in real time are features that Dassault Aviation found compelling. Its intuitive user interface made it possible to quickly deploy it among our development teams with the expertise of Altran’s aeronautics consultants,” explained Salvador Lopez, Head of OPERA program at Dassault Aviation.

“The complementarity between Altran and Luciad was a determining factor in this project. By offering Dassault Aviation a product with great added value that was tailored to their environment and needs, we were able to stand out together,” added Fabrice Mariaud, Director of Program Management & Innovation, Altran France.

“We are now partners with Altran. Together, we are able to tackle our client’s most crucial projects, which require both a tool at the cutting-edge of technology that is tailored to their needs, while simultaneously managing its integration and adaptation within their existing software ecosystem,” concluded Jérôme Lutz, Director of Luciad France.

About Luciad
    Luciad delivers geospatial software solutions that power the world’s mission critical operations. Our applications simplify the lives of developers and end users with advanced visual analytics that allow them to unlock the potential of real time location intelligence and create the foundations for next generation geospatial systems. From safeguarding critical assets to creating the digital infrastructure for smart cities, we help users implement intuitive command and control systems. Our customers depend on Luciad for high performance visualization that allows them to implement scalable solutions.

Founded in 1999, Luciad serves clients worldwide through a network of subsidiaries and resellers in Europe, Asia and the Americas. In addition to thousands of users of Luciad applications, major systems integrators incorporate Luciad software in their own products. We work with leading organizations such as Airbus Defence and Space, Lufthansa Systems, NATO, Lockheed Martin and Thales. “Connect, visualize, analyze, act” is both our method and our motto.www.luciad.com

http://www.directionsmag.com/pressr...ations-new-mission-preparation-system-/504075

11. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Dassault Aviation selects Sopra Steria and CIMPA to implement its new Rafale Maintenance Management System

ALL PRESS RELEASES
    Paris, France – 26th June 2017

Sopra Steria, a European leader of digital transformation and major service provider, and its subsidiary CIMPA have been selected by Dassault Aviation to provide development and support for the new Rafale Maintenance Management System, aimed at the aeronautical group's export customers.

Dassault Aviation has chosen to work with Sopra Steria and CIMPA as industrial partners in order to provide export customers with a new Rafale Maintenance Management System. It will use the Aero-Webb®maintenance software package from the company 2MoRO. Sopra Steria will use its Business Unit AEROLINE which incorporates the Sopra Steria teams, its entity based in Noida (India) and CIMPA.

"This Maintenance Management system will help us to meet our clients' demands in terms of fleet availability. Based on a tried and tested software package, it will incorporate specific functions, making the most of the benefits of maintenance according to the condition of the Rafale. These functions will be developed by our subsidiary SOGITEC", explains Bruno Chevalier, Managing Director of Dassault Aviation military support.

"We are happy with this collaboration and will do everything to give even more value to Dassault Aviation in terms of advice and integration, through our end-to-end offer,"say Laurent Giovachini, Assistant Managing Director of Sopra Steria, and Xavier Pecquet, Executive Committee member and director of AEROLINE.
    https://www.soprasteria.com/en/medi...-its-new-rafale-maintenance-management-system

12. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    INSTRUCTOR, EXPORT RAFALE, H / F

LGM
    Vélizy-Villacoublay, Ile-de-France, France

Function: Instructor
    Contract of indefinite duration (CDI)

Date of publication: 28/06/2017

Job Description

Context:

NMJ Services, a subsidiary of the LGM Group (1050 employees), is a company specialized in engineering, deployment, operation, maintenance, technical communication and training for complex industrial equipment and systems as well as Telecommunications infrastructure.
    We ensure the creation, training, dissemination, operation and maintenance of the communication technologies and technical documentation of the systems and equipment of our customers.

As part of the Rafale Export project for one of our clients located in the Paris region, we are looking for Instructors Trainers with a good knowledge of Rafale / Mirage 2000 weapon aircraft.

Missions:

Required profile

Profile sought:

-Angonomics aviation specialization avionics or aircraft system with a solid experience of weapon aircraft, mainly Rafale
    -Mechanics or team leaders from the Air Force or Navy with Rafale or Mirage 200 experience, In the fields of SNA or aircraft system
    -Autonomous - Dynamic- Methodological rigor - Synthesis spirit - Organized and educated, creative spirit, good interpersonal
    skills - Fluency in technical English and aeronautics fluency in oral. Writing in English.

Other information

Experience required: 5 to 10 years experience
    Start Date: As soon as possible
    Salary: NC.
    Type of Company: Employer (Private Sector)

APPLY
    http://www.journal-aviation.com/off...ormateur-rafale-export-h-f~294939~280617.html

13. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Report of the Senate: A program for the ASMPA successor is imperative
    [​IMG]
    The report focuses on the renovation of the airborne component of deterrence. © Air Force

A Senate report called for modernizing French nuclear deterrence.Senators believe that the delivery of TWRMs should be speeded up and an ASMPA replacement program begun.

Senators Xavier Pintat and Jeanny Lorgeoux this morning presented to the press an information report entitled "The necessary modernization of nuclear deterrence". Based on the assumption of the need for France to maintain a credible nuclear deterrent, the two senators reviewed the programs related to nuclear weapons in France.

The report focuses on the airborne component of deterrence that is implemented by the Air Force Strategic Air Forces (FAS) and the Naval Air Force (FANU) of the French Navy.The FAS will operate until 2018 of the Mirage 2000N and the Rafale.Beginning next year, the two FAS squadrons will be equipped with the Rafale B, which will carry the ASMPA cruise missile for the nuclear mission. The FAS also includes the fleet of 14 in-flight refuelers C-135. These will be replaced with 12 A330 MRTTs . 9 units have been ordered for the time. Senators call for an acceleration of the program of delivery of the devices which must spread between 2018 and 2024. Xavier Pintat also explained that it would be desirable to "

A program of renovation of the ASMPA is under way since 2016 and will lead to the commissioning of the ASMPA-Rfrom 2022. According to the senators, the ASMPA-R will allow France to maintain its superiority Up to 2035.

At that date it will be necessary to be able to replace the ASMPA-R by a new generation missile, theASN4G (Air-ground nuclear 4th generation). The Senate report considers that the launch of this program is imperative to maintain the credibility of French nuclear deterrence by 2040. By evolving it, the future missile could be used until 2070.

In 2016, a staff objective was expressed. Senators recalled that a compromise must be found between the stealthiness and speed of the missile, all at a controlled cost. Current levels of development suggest a longer missile than ASMPA. Beyond the vector will also raise the question of the nuclear head and the bearer. In the current state of knowledge senators believe that the future bearer could be a new extended version of the Rafale. A topic that was discussed with Dassault who confirmed the feasibility of such a project explained Xavier Pintat.

Senators also call for caution, the rapid evolution of technologies and in particular the capabilities of air defense systems can lead to breaks. Xavier Pintat and Jeanny Lorgeoux invite the specialists to give themselves a maximum of time before stopping the definitive characteristics of the future cruise missile and its carrier. The aim will be to have the new weapon available by 2035, so the final development of ASN4G could only be launched in 2024. Meanwhile, work on the key technologies for this type of system will have to be continued
    http://www.air-cosmos.com/rapport-d...-le-successeur-de-l-asmpa-est-imperatif-96991

14. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    We are working to maintain our nuclear deterrence by 2040. 23 years in advance and certain here believe that it is through lack of foresight that we have no HMS.

15. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    [Video] How to choose the right memory card for your digital devices?
    HASSAN MEDDAH

PUBLISHED ON 26/06/2017 AT 11.10 AM

From the start, the combat aircraft was designed to be scalable. Its electronic defense sensors and its armament are regularly modernized. Starting in 2019, the Rafale will be equipped with a new long-range air-to-air missile and laser equipment capable of designating and tracking moving targets on the ground.
    [​IMG]
    Since its first flight in 1986, the Rafale has been regularly upgraded, both in terms of its sensors and its weaponry.
    © Dassault Aviation - S. Randé

In his remote duel with Lockheed Martin's new American F-35 during the Paris Bourget demonstration program , the Rafale did not have to be ashamed of its performances . The tricolor plane, which made its first flight in 1986, still stands out as one of the world's best fighting aircraft. How to explain this paradox?"The architecture of the Rafale weapon system is inherently scalable, and we are constantly updating many of the aircraft's systems and functions, including sensors such as active radar or armaments," explains The Assistant Rafale program of the Directorate General of Armaments, present at the Paris Air Show.

IMPROVEMENT OF INTERCEPTION CAPABILITIES

Since its inception, Dassault Aviation's aircrafthas been modernized in stages, according to different standards according to military aeronautical jargon. It is thus preparing to benefit from a new modernization that meets the F3R standard, in development since 2014. This update relies mainly on the integration of two new equipment.

On the one hand, the new long-range air-to-air missile from MBDA, the Meteor. This missile is capable of reaching a target more than 200 kilometers away. Other combat aircraft are already equipped with it, such as the Swedish Grippen or the Typhoon of the Eurofighter consortium. However, according to the DGA, the Rafale will be the only one to derive full capacity. Why ? Because it is the only European combat aircraft to have a radar of last generation, said to active antennas, 30% more efficient than the conventional radars. It is capable of detecting targets as far away as 100 km. The combination of the long-range missile and the radar allows the Rafale to benefit from an unmatched intercept capability according to the DGA.

IDENTIFY TARGETS MORE QUICKLY

On the other hand, the Rafale will be equipped with a ground design laser pod, the Talios pod that will reinforce its ground attack capabilities.The equipment functions as a camera capable of taking and transmitting long-range photos and videos with high resolution. These images are directly visualizable by the pilot from the cockpit. The quality is such that one can distinguish in images whether a man is armed or not.

"This will allow the pilot to gain distance from commitment, target identification and real-time decision-making, and will also reduce the risk of collateral damage , " says the DGA expert. Its imagery, operating in both infra-red and visible modes, has been tested on different types of environment (urban, rural, maritime, mountain) and also allows tracking of moving targets. This pod has been designed to have a footprint similar to the equipment of the previous generation to facilitate its integration under the wing of the aircraft.

THE LAUNCH OF THE F4 STANDARD

The F3R standard also provides for the integration of a new refueling pod. During the first half of 2017, the teams of the DGA, Dassault Aviation, Thales , MBDA, and the Navy and Air Force Integration campaigns for both equipment.

The Rafale F3R standard will come into service by 2019. This modernization reinforces the versatility of the aircraft capable of both air defense missions and ground attacks during a single flight. The associated development and integration work is estimated at one billion euros.

The DGA is already thinking about what to do next. The F4 standard, for which preliminary studies could be launched this year, will strengthen Rafale's collaborative combat capabilities through satellite links and Contact software radio, enable improvements to active-antenna radar detection software and Increase the carrying capacity of weapons.

In short, the plane has not finished making the show at the Paris Air Show
    http://www.usinenouvelle.com/articl...au-top-de-la-modernite-malgre-son-age.N557198

Sancho likes this.