Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rafale's mini encyclopedia.

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by DrSomnath999, Mar 6, 2012.

1. DrSomnath999

DrSomnath999 Major RESEARCHER

Country Flag:
    France
    NATO is afraid of Russian military equipment and monitors the fighter Su-33

NATO fears progressive Russian military hardware and begins spying on the Su-33.
    11:33 Yesterday 6868

NATO members have confessed to their concerns about the "mysterious" Russian fighters, whose work systems are very difficult to track. Earlier, members of the alliance did not know anything about the Su-33 aircraft, successfully perform combat missions in Syria. The French began to spy on Russian military vehicles.

French multi-role fighters of the fourth generation of Dassault Rafale were able to trace the transition Russian Su-33 in "attack mode".

According to the newspaper Livefist developed by Dassault Aviation fighter aircraft, in accordance with the order of the NATO command, are spying on the activities of Russian combat aircraft Su 33

It is reported that the crew of two French fighters instructed to enter the airspace of western Syria after the Russian machines and reveal the "attack mode" radar of the Su-33, which was previously unknown to them. Throughout the 90 minutes that integrated systems SPECTRA EW worked on the possible outcome, but in the end, according to Livefist, venture a success.

Yevgeniya Polyakova...
    Источник: https://newinform.com/68937-francuzskii-rafale-raskryl-kozyri-russkogo-su-33

2. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
  3. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Impressed with swing role capability of Rafale jet: Air Chief

Wed, 19 Jul 2017-09:49pm , PTI
    A day after he flew a Rafale fighter jet in France, Chief of Air Staff B S Dhanoa today said he was impressed with the superior swing role capability of the aircraft and its integrated weapon sensor.

Dhanoa, currently on a visit to France, flew a Rafale jet at the Saint-Dizier airbase yesterday to gain a first-hand experience of the aircraft.

Indian Air Force is procuring the Rafale multi-role fighter jets from French aviation major Dassault under a Euro 7.87 billion (approx Rs 59,000 crore) deal signed last September.

"I flew a Rafale in a two versus two mission involving two Rafales against two Mirage 2000D opponents. I am impressed with the superior swing role capability of the Rafale and it's highly integrated weapon sensor and survivability suite," Dhanoa said.

The Air Chief also interacted with top executives of Dassault who briefed him about progress in the project to supply the jets to IAF.

Dhanoa is on a visit to France from July 17-20 to ramp up cooperation between the air forces of the two countries in a range of areas.

The fighter jets are capable of carrying nuclear weapons and will be equipped with the latest missiles that will give the IAF greater "potency" over arch-rival Pakistan.

The Rafale combat aircraft will come with various India- specific modifications including Israeli helmet mounted displays, radar warning receivers and low band jammers, among others.

The Inter-Governmental Agreement for the supply of the jets was signed last September, 16 months after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced India's plans to buy 36 Rafale aircraft in fly-away condition.

According to the deal, the delivery of the jets will start in 36 months and will be completed in 67 months from the date the contract is inked.

(This article has not been edited by DNA's editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
    http://www.dnaindia.com/business/re...le-capability-of-rafale-jet-air-chief-2507637

4. somedude

somedude Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Afghanistan
    Light armored vehicles, not tanks. They're talking about these babies:
    [​IMG]
    The one that looks like a wheeled tank is actually a recon vehicle, the Jaguar; the armored van is the Griffon, a multirole transport truck. Neither are meant to be used offensively like a main battle tank.

5. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Sorry .plz dont sue me in court for giving wrong Google translation ,

6. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Egypt Receives Fourth Batch of Rafale Fighters from France
    [​IMG]
    EGYPTIAN STREETS
    JULY 27, 2017

[​IMG]

Egypt has received on Wednesday two Dassault Aviation-built Rafale fighter jets from France, announced Egypt’s Armed Forces spokesman.

The fourth batch that Egypt has just received sums up the total jets to 11.

The first three jets were delivered in July 2015, the second batch arrived in January 2016, while the third batch was delivered in April.

Army Spokesman Tamer Mahmoud said in an online statement that “the new Rafale aircraft are a powerful addition to the capabilities of our air forces, as they possess high-level technical characteristics and combat systems, enabling them to perform long-range tasks.”

In February 2015, France and Egypt have signed a 5 billion euro deal whereby the former agreed to deliver about 24 Rafale fighters to Egypt amid the framework of the Egyptian-French armament cooperation.
    https://egyptianstreets.com/2017/07/27/egypt-receives-fourth-batch-of-rafale-fighters-from-france/

7. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    France to launch missile upgrade, pegging funding to export outlook
    By: Pierre Tran   1 day ago

[​IMG]
    Rafale fighter jets carry GBU 12 bombs, Damocles laser and Mica missiles during a mission over Iraq. (Jean-Luc Brunet/AFP via Getty Images)

PARIS ― France will launch this month a program for a new-generation Mica air-to-air missile, with pricing based on the weapon’s export prospects, Armed Forces Minister Florence Parly said.

“We will launch this new approach with the launch of the Mica NG program at the end of July,” she said Thursday.

Parly was referring to the government factoring in the prospective foreign sale of arms when drawing up its national equipment budget. MBDA builds the Mica, which arms the Dassault Aviation Rafale fighter jet.

“Our country will not pay by itself the weapon systems which will help others,” she said in a speech on a transformation of the Direction Générale de l’Armement procurement office.

“Arms exports are the business model for our sovereignty,” she said, recalling her remarks made the day before to the defense committee of the lower house National Assembly. Exports were “vital” for industry to retain a broad spread of arms technology, needed to support the military services’ full range of operations.

“That is why I wish to see our national programs take more into account right from the start the export prospects,” she said. “It is not normal that the state fails to benefit from more advantageous pricing when the export prospects become a reality.”

It will be on that new business approach that the new version of the Mica missile will launch, she said.

The Mica NG will arm the planned upgrade of the Rafale fighter, with Dassault expected to sign a modernization contract of the fighter jet to the F4 standard later this year. The government has previously ordered preliminary studies for the Rafale F4.

Any missile upgrades will involve internal modifications, keeping the exterior unchanged, an industry source said. That is intended to ease the missile’s integration on the Rafale and avoid a costly change of the fighter’s aerodynamics. A Rafale can carry up to six Mica missiles.

A Rafale pilot can release the Mica when intercepting an aircraft beyond visual range and can also fire the weapon from its rails when locked in a dogfight. The Rafale will also carry the Meteor missile to hit aircraft beyond visual range.

An upgraded Rafale F3-R is due to be delivered this year, integrating the Meteor and Thales Talios laser designation pod.

MBDA declined to comment.

The previous multiyear military budget law was drawn up on the assumption France would sell the Rafale in foreign markets. If Egypt, Qatar and India had not bought the fighter, the government would have had to cut spending on other arms programs to keep the Dassault production line open.
    https://defence-blog.com/aviation/egypt-plans-procure-additional-rafale-fighter-jets.html

8. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Egypt plans to procure additional Rafale fighter jets
    Jul 5, 2018

in Aviation, News
    137 1
    [​IMG]
    Source presstv.com

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Egypt is set to acquire additional Rafale multirole fighter aircraft from Dassault by the end of this year, the French newspaper La Tribune reported on 4 July.

According to the newspaper, Egypt’s government is looking to sign a new agreement with France to supply the new 24 Rafale multirole fighter aircraft by the end of 2018.

Under the previous contracts, France had concluded several major military agreements with Egypt, including the sale of 24 Rafales, at a cost of € 5.2 billion. To date, the French company has delivered 14 of Egypt’s Rafale aircraft.

Egypt was the first export client for the Rafale, which was part of a French arms deal that included a Naval Group multimission frigate and four Gowind corvettes, with options for two more.

According to the Dassault, the Rafale is a twin-jet combat aircraft capable of carrying out a wide range of short and long-range missions, including ground and sea attacks, reconnaissance, high-accuracy strikes and nuclear strike deterrence.

From 2006 to 2011, French Air Force and Navy Rafale fighters were engaged in countless combat missions in Afghanistan where they demonstrated a very high proficiency and a tangible military value. The AASM/HAMMER precision-guided modular air-to-surface armament, PAVEWAY laser-guided bombs, and the 30 mm cannon were employed on many occasions, scoring direct hits with remarkable precision.

In 2011, French Air Force and French Navy Rafale fighters were successfully engaged in coalition operations over Libya. In Iraq and Syria, Rafales operate in difficult conditions, far from their bases, taking advantage of their huge operational range to strike distant targets with clinical accuracy.
    https://defence-blog.com/aviation/egypt-plans-procure-additional-rafale-fighter-jets.html

9. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Strike force: a spearhead named Rafale
    Paris Match | Posted on 30/06/2018 at 12h44
    By Régis Le Sommier

• Serge Dassault, burst success

To be allowed to do this flight, I passed all medical and physical tests. I was even awarded a certificate of "aptitude for airplane flight with ejection seat". But I never flew ... "Do not move," laughs Rivers. I'm just changing the radios and I'm coming. He greets the control tower: "30-2, 30-2.Stuntman, Shark three two, good morning! Then explain to me: "So, the orders ... On the left, it's the gas. You can press forward, backward. For directions, it's on the right. I let you try? "

Read also: Behind the scenes of the "Rafale" sales

I shyly actuate the left joystick, which triggers a powerful acceleration.Then I risk to tilt the right command. In a split second, here I am, head down. I push a little to the right and the plane returns to its original position. I never imagined that it was so easy to roll in a burst! "We're going to put the full charge [PC]," Rivers said. Push forward fully. You must feel a cleat. New acceleration, even more powerful. We are now sailing at 5,000 meters, at a speed close to the sound barrier. "You are going to shut down the PC and turn on full throttle [intermediate position]."Three more minutes and we reach the 11,000 meters, the altitude of the airliners. The horizon is a pale blue arc. The sun hits the cockpit so hard it feels like a comet tail. I feel like I'm in a rocket on takeoff. The (true) pilot has taken over the controls; he cuts off the throttle, plunges the aircraft's nose slightly to flatten the wings, then makes a sharp turn to give it a new direction. My anti-gravity pants inflate. A painful feeling of oppression invades me even in the shoulders. We just "take 3 g," as they say. Three times gravity, a gigantic flood of blood in the legs. And that's nothing compared to what's waiting for me ...

We must not get too close, while remaining on our guard. This is the philosophy "we want to know who has the biggest", will translate a friend pilot

The objective of the day is the military aerodrome of Evreux. In the company of another Rafale, we need to fire Scalp missiles (fictitious) on four bunkers protected by ground-air batteries. The "enemy" (played by another Rafale) tracks us ... It moves north of our position. Rivers tells me to look at the screen on the left: a Sukhoi SU-30 is lighting up with his radar. It was explained to me at the briefing: the Sukhoi SU-30 belongs to "a large power that is not directly hostile to us". Pretty wooden tongue to describe Russia. The technical side of the mission was presented to me in an Anglicism-minded conversation - the result of years of integration into Anglo-Saxon-dominated devices and coalitions - to which even our videogame teens would not understand anything. ... English is the language of aeronautics. But not nuclear deterrence. For the sake of confidentiality, even vis-à-vis our allies, the exchanges "in the nuclear" are done in French.

The end of the cold war, the emergence of al-Qaeda-like non-state enemies has, at one time, put nuclear deterrence back into question. But that time is over. Russia's comeback, the emergence of China, the threatening attitudes of various middle powers ... it has regained all its relevance. Guarantor of this independence dear to General de Gaulle, deterrence is still the keystone of national defense, provided by both the aviation and SNLE (nuclear submarines launchers). Invisible, the submarine manifests itself only when it commits irreparable damage - it is said to be "unacceptable" in the military language, since the principle is "deterrence". The air alone can "leave time to time". We take the plane out of the hangar, we arm it, we make the alert, then we make it take off and, until the final moment, the President of the Republic keeps the possibility of canceling the mission to make a " Poker Mission ", that is, a simple exercise.

I'm on the verge of fainting, the famous red veil. He is endowed with the strange faculty of escaping the tortures that gravity inflicts on me.

"Since he's a Russian and we do not want to climb ... we're going to turn left," Rivers said. Cut off the full load. Go for it. We must not get too close, while remaining on our guard. It's the philosophy "we want to know who has the biggest", translated me a pilot friend. By turning, I think I recognize Saint-Dizier. "It's Metz," corrects Rivers. The two cities are 100 kilometers as the crow flies from each other. I do not have time to be surprised. The pressure is suddenly so strong that I feel I have anvils instead of the arms and that I feel unable to speak a word, prostrate, grabbed by my breath under the oxygen mask. I will learn that, in the next version of the Rafale, the case of pilot discomfort is expected. The on-board computer can take over. But here is a female electronic voice that wakes me up: "Too fast!Too fast! "Well, here we have to go back, otherwise we will accelerate a little bit too much," Rivers observes, picking up the controls. I'm on the verge of fainting, the famous red veil. He is endowed with the strange faculty of escaping the tortures that gravity inflicts on me.

I ended up picking up my spirits. In the process, I accept his proposal to take the orders again. I activate the handle gently. The pressure that comes back kneads my spine, sweat beads along my cheeks, the helmet holds my head. Under my jumpsuit, I'm swimming. To my surprise, I managed to get down to the altitude required to fire: a green line on the screen. The pilot put the Rafale in the direction of the Evreux airfield: after a series of calculations whose meaning escapes me, he fires a first Scalp missile.

At the controls of the Rafale
      Prepared on the ground before each mission, these strikes are fictitious.But recently, during an exercise in the Loiret, a Mirage 2000D mistakenly dropped an inert load of 16 kilos, hitting a shed and injuring two workers.Army, the same AASM laser guided bomb weighs over 250 kilos. This gives an idea of the damage that one can cause. Iraqis and Syrians know something ...

Falling behind enemy lines is the nightmare of the fighter pilot

"An airplane has just taken off towards us," warns Rivers. It is the "MiG-29" which, during the briefing, was described to me as belonging to "a power of average size, allied of the previous one and of which we attack certain infrastructures at the decision of our political leaders". "He's trying to stop us," says Rivers. We replay in the skies of Champagne operation "Hamilton", the French air attack on Syria on April 14th. The Sukhoi plays the role of Russian, MiG that of Syrian, and the city of Evreux that of Damascus. But we will not refuel in flight. In April, eight French tankers, Boeing C-135, and seven Americans took turns over the Mediterranean to feed French hunters. The mission had lasted ten hours. This will not exceed ninety minutes.

Commander Thomas did not participate in the raid in Syria. On the other hand, he took part in raids on Raqqa ordered by François Hollande, the night after the attacks of 13 November. He confided to me that, at the time, his navigator and he had considered the hypothesis that their aircraft would be shot down. "If he or I were injured, we thought we'd walk by leaning on each other. And if that were not possible, we had sworn to hide the wounded under stones, with food, a tracker to indicate his position, a gun and six loaders. The survivor would leave alone. It was out of the question to finish burned alive in a Daesh cage. Falling behind enemy lines is the nightmare of the fighter pilot. On February 3, Sukhoi SU-25 of Commander Roman Filipov was shot dead in the Idlib region of Syria. He was able to eject himself, then exhausted his ammunition by standing up to rebels who shouted "Allah Ouakbar". To escape capture, he committed suicide with a grenade. "The Russians are tough guys," commented the pilot to whom I told this story.

The maneuvers gave me a terrible headache.Not to mention my right eardrum, about to explode.

"We're going to fetch aerial combat," says Rivers. The so-called MiG-29 appears, a little black dot running at a crazy speed between the clouds."We engage in a sight fight. It will surely tighten a little bit. "Despite several loops to cut his trajectory, we have no shooting opportunity. He has the upper hand. Rivers is fatalistic: "His Rafale is better equipped for this type of commitment. Ours, with its fuel cans, is too heavy. We must break the fight and run away. "

These maneuvers gave me a terrible headache. Not to mention my right eardrum, about to explode. I thought about swallowing. The return to normal gravity opens my ears. I try to look good joking, but in reality I'm exhausted. Rivers makes me go back to 18,000 feet (6,000 meters). The flight becomes peaceful again. The headache is fading, with the exception of acute sinus tingling, my allergies ... a detail that a friend recommended not to mention at the Percy Army Training Hospital. according to the principle: "Never say too much to a military doctor. But the respite will be short-lived. A second MiG-29 now illuminates us with its radar. This time he is below. Rivers seizes his chance. He seeks to have it in visual. The plane crosses us very closely. We take 4 g in the pursuit, which does not prevent Rivers from providing a little history lesson: "This kind of fight often occurred during the Second World War. He's so calm that I can not believe we're

My reason reminds me that I enjoy an exceptional privilege; but my body, he says stop. Then turn around, heading to Saint-Dizier.

Rivers is now hedgehogs, the ideal position to escape radar detection.Why it is preferred during nuclear missions. This is also the moment when occasional passengers, like me, tend to vomit ... At only 150 meters, the air is thicker, the device is made of ups and downs. Rivers, he appreciates the landscape. Here we are above a monotonous expanse of dark green fields dominated by scattered steeples. He is the guide: "A camp of travelers. I look at the fuel gauge. We have 1 ton left on the 3.5 from the start. He asks me if I want to continue. My reason reminds me that I enjoy an exceptional privilege; but my body, he says stop. Then turn around, heading to Saint-Dizier.

I only think about this question that I want to ask him: "How do you manage to control the parameters with such pressure? He will calmly answer me: "Rest assured. The first time, on Mirage 2000, I too vomited.The ability to cash depends on the number of hours spent in flight. And he said true. When he warned me, before landing, that he would still have to gain altitude, cut speed and "take 5 g", I prepared for the worst. Eyelids closed, cheeks dug, abs contracted, I was ready to "cash". I was the first to discover that I was in shock. That's right, we get used to everything.And I already regret the time when ... I flew a Rafale.
      http://www.parismatch.com/Actu/Societe/Force-de-frappe-un-fer-de-lance-nomme-Rafale-1550480

10. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    A very interesting document in French "Special Make in India" . It is an internal Dassault document
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1by-5BDxQ1a-XaW2EcgcQiZeeMLGL7FEG/view?usp=drivesdk
    From Trappier Editorial:
    Translation

The success of the Rafale in India is part of the Make in India initiative launched by Prime Minister Naranda Modi. From this contractual obligation, we make a strategic partnership with ambitious objectives: obtain new Rafale orders, gain competitiveness in business aviation, multiply projects in high technology. Our plant in Nagpur, in the centre of the country, will soon produce Falcon 2000 parts and sub-assemblies, then Rafale. We are creating a structure dedicated to civil and military engineering works in the Silicon Valley of Pune, near Bombay. We are studying R&D projects with the Indian Ministry of Defence. As you will read in the pages of this Special Make in India magazine, the members of the management committee, meeting in New Delhi in April, enthusiastically commit themselves to do everything possible to carry out, with their teams, these large-scale projects. I count on you as I count on them.

11. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    The main paragraphs are
    Translation
    • Military support
    • Produce in India
    • A methodical quality approach
    • The local economic fabric in support
    • Close digital cooperation
    • India's land of conquest for the Falcons
    • Pilot in India a challenge for programme managers
    • Working in India a rewarding opportunity
    • Optimized digital monitoring in production
    • Development of intelligent air systems

12. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    Page 17/45
    Translation
    With a futures market of 200 Rafale and production costs that place us at the heart of competition in the global civil market, the potential offered by India are as many reasons for us to succeed with our Make in India and to make our establishment in this country a complete success.

13. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    Page 19/45
    Translation

Training: accompanying our Indian partners

For the Indian government, Skill India, i.e. local education, is a necessary challenge for the country's economic development. For us and for the success of Make in India, it is therefore essential to accompany our customer by an adapted training.

Bruno Penot, head of the DGSM's training department, explains that "this programme could involve setting up an aeronautics department within an existing local school, the Governement Industrial Technical Institute (ITI), located in the Nagpur region, to train companions and technicians.

Today, the new challenge for our company is to develop an aeronautical professional baccalaureate program, to provide the DRAL joint venture with qualified and quality personnel. This ambitious project is perfectly in line with our client's industrial policy.

14. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    Page 21/45
    Translation

Produce in India

We are developing an aeronautical industrial sector in India to manufacture at the best cost, with the quality requirements expected by our civil and military customers, our Falcons 2000 as well as Rafale subassemblies and payload (pylons, pendular tanks).

Dedicated factory.

An aeronautical park, the Dhirubhai Ambani Aerospace park, located on the international airport of nagpur, will now host, on a site of 25 hectares, Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited (DRAL) but also all our partners, including French SMEs which come to accompany the development of this industrial sector.
    The new plant will start by assembling the Falcon 2000. The primary parts, components of these assemblies, will be subcontracted to Indian industry.

Stages of the project

Manufacturing transfers are organized in four stages.

The initial stage involves the assembly of the T1 section of the Falcon 2000 and its sub-assemblies, as well as sub-assemblies of the Rafale's moving parts, such as engine housings and control surfaces.

An initial Indian team of four production managers was trained in our methods in Biarritz for six months. A dozen companions have also received intensive training in assembly processes, provided in France by CODIFOR.

In the second quarter of 2019, a much larger building will allow the assembly of the T1 and T2 sections, then the splicing of the T12.
    In the third quarter, production of the Rafale control surfaces will start in Nagpur.

The next stage is scheduled for the end of 2019 with the assembly of the horizontal plane, an additional section of the Falcon 2000 and the windscreens and skylights of the Rafale.

At the end of 2020, the third stage will begin. It will cover the junction of the fuselage sections, the layout (mattress assembly, cabin sealing, fluid and electrical circuit assembly) and the general assembly, the runway and the take off from Nagpur.

Finally, the last stage will begin in 2022 with the robotic assembly of the wings and the assembly of sections including oil tanks.
    The Nagpur site ramp-up will see the construction of new buildings, in particular a kerosene test facility, paint facilities and a run-up area.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

15. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    Page 22/45
    Translation

Local subcontracting partners

In parallel, the qualification of the first Indian suppliers was initiated by the purchasing and total quality departments (DGA and DGQT). Several companies, such as Mahindra, LMW, Maini and TAL, will produce protected and painted metal parts , which will then be assembled in Nagpur. New partners are being sought to expand this network.

The first assembly tools are also being manufactured by Indian subcontractors such as Hemkund, TAL, Alpha Tocol or Assystem India.

Essential to the success of our project, the training of companions began in France to strengthen their aeronautical skills. A partnership with Indian academic institutions is also under study.

Finally, DRAL's information system will comply with our standards. The technical data will be managed with Dassault systems software, such as 3DExperience, and will be operated with SAP.