Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rahul Gandhi

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by layman, Sep 7, 2013.

1. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    [​IMG]

On Board PM's Special Aircraft: In a categorical endorsement of the Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi as the party's prime ministerial candidate in 2014, PM Manmohan Singh, responding to a question from NDTV, said today that he was ready to accept any role in the party after the general elections, due by May 2014.

"Rahul Gandhi would be ideal for the Prime Minister's position after the 2014 elections. I would be very happy to work for the Congress party under the leadership of Mr Gandhi," Mr Singh said on board the special aircraft upon his return from the G20 summit in Russia. (Read: BJP slams PM)

Alluding to the opposition BJP's attack over the missing files in the Coal-Gate scam, Mr Singh said, "I am an open book." (Read: Full transcript of PM's briefing)

When asked whether he was ready for questioning in the coal scam, like he had offered in the 2G issue, he said "I have not prevented anybody from looking at my conduct."

The BJP recently has stepped up its attack on the Prime Minister over the missing files demanded by the CBI in its ongoing probe into coal blocks allocation.

In a clear message to Pakistan, the Prime Minister said terror acts from across the border must stop. He accused the Nawaz Sharif government of making no significant progress in bringing the culprits of the Mumbai attacks to book.

"There are certain harsh realities on the ground. Steps need to be taken for those who voice terrorist thoughts and move freely in Pakistan," the Prime Minister said in his reference to Hafiz Saeed, supposed to be the mastermind of the 26/11 attacks.

"Under normal circumstances, I would be happy to meet Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif," Mr Singh said.

80-year-old Mr Singh also did not rule out any alliance with former ally Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress in future, saying a week is a long time in politics in which there are no permanent enemies or permanent friends. "I don't rule out alliances," he said.

More Info

2. Eddie

Eddie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

re: Rahul Gandhi

Manmohan singh is going senile, he is not as bright as he used to be 20 years ago.

3. VJM

VJM FULL MEMBER

Today I feel very sad to hear what our dear Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh has to say .... Despite all what goes on I had a good amount of respect for the man ....Today in front of media he says I will be happy to work under Rahul Gandhi. I am sad to hear this from our Prime Minister .... Sir you are an icon you have served the country for 10 years and you tell you will be happy to work under a person who has not yet done anything, achieve anything tangible or has half the qualification what you have .... why are you putting your diginity down so much .... we are INDIA a nation of 1.2 billion people we have some of the most brightest minds everywhere you see ....look at Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, look at Anna Hazare, look at Gen VK Singh, Look at Arvind Kejriwal .... look at our industrial leaders like Shri Ratan Tata... look at Nandan Nilkeni... so many I cant even complete the list and you still feel no one else will be able to lead our country other than Rahul Gandhi ... I seek answers sir .. tell me where can I find one concrete thing that Mr Rahul Gandhi has achieved. (I have no particular gruge against anyone that includes Rahul Gandhi ) India has leaders who lead key positions arround the world ...be it be industrial or political and yet you say him come on sir you are a PM for 10 long years and you say this ....

1 person likes this.
  4. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

served the nation for 10 years :rofl: give me one work/incident where he served this nation.

1 person likes this.
  5. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States

Poverty is "STATE OF MIND", That is more than enough.
    UPA is gonna shoot their own legs by putting him as PM candidate.

6. Unregistered Soldier

Unregistered Soldier FULL MEMBER

Congress and its puppets hate this country so no surprise

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  7. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

And Pakistan is an ideal choice for a peaceful neighbor :lol:

2 people like this.
  8. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

Antony : 'China is afraid of India's rapid border development capabilities'.

Manmohan Singh : 'Rahul Gandhi is an ideal choice for the PM's post'.

Defence Minister & Prime Minister are doing jokes now!! :rofl:

5 people like this.
  9. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. WMD

WMD Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Well, at least he's speaking something besides 'theek hai'.:LMAO:
    On a serious note, I'm not really surprised by this comment considering the asinine remark he made earlier abt minorities and nation's resources.
    You can't really expect anything else from loyal servants of the great gandhi dynasty.
    When someone criticizes MMS all the loyal dogs of cong. bark that we should respect the post of PM but by giving such statements MMS himself is degrading the sanctity of PM chair.

11. Vyom

Vyom Captain GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

urrghhhhhhh.... !! Why ? why ? why ?

Educated people still being slaves. I wiish Rahul is impotent and we dont get more of this traitor dynasty.

12. TSUNAMI

TSUNAMI Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

So today he officially admitted that he is a Kutta of Italian waitress.... BC

1 person likes this.
  13. Paliwal Warrior

Paliwal Warrior Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

but of course rahul gandhi being the crown PM /prince of the gandhi dynasty / congress something on these lines was expected nothing new

14. The Drdo Guy

The Drdo Guy Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Salon ne baap ka maal samajh rakha hai.congress ka original motto.Luto aur Lutne Do...PM koi bhi ban sakta hai india me but pm ka peon bhi ban na ho toh you need to be litrate..Aur ye Rahul VINCI sala failure kya desh chalayega...Now only God can save our country..or NAMO...VOTE FOR NAMO PLZ...

15. The Drdo Guy

The Drdo Guy Captain SENIOR MEMBER

rahul vinci at an congress meeting few days back SAID that he is not going to get married in order to curb india's population growth...so you need not to worry about his son or daughter...but the problem is,priyanka and robert vadra got children and they will make their future in politics of india for sure....i just hope that by that time this gandhi nehru clan will be decleared as traitor of this country...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013