Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Read Gita in school or leave India: Karnataka education minister

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Hembo, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/gitainschool-campaign-sparks-row-in-karnataka/819729/0

so asper congress party teaching bagawad gita is saffronisation ...hope this will satisfy you

2. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Morality and Religion are complex for people to discover in their life and make choices ,where they want to be on the religious context and the state should not influence this choice by using the facade of moral education.

3. RoYaN

Idea of ethics is a changing one .there was time when it was ethically and morally right to marry children off or for women to die on their husbands pyre,Indians should live by the Constitution of India. If it is wrong by the Constitution it is wrong it what you are doing is correct according to the Constitution it is correct.
    why live a so called moral rules.If some want to live by them let them live by that why force others??

4. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

:crazy: What are you talking about? Is it about Gita? What is this about? I didn't understand one word of it. :wacko:

5. Spartacus+

Spartacus+ Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Congress is secular party and i think they are right Gita is saffron ideology.

6. Galaxy

Galaxy Captain SENIOR MEMBER

It was not Ethics. It was Wrong Ritual. You have very less knowledge like Diggy Singh.

Constitution is all about Rules and Regulation which is LAW.

Ethics and Moral - We learn in our Home and Schools. Hence, It's Must for everyone to learn this.

You are talking like a 5 year kid won't do. I am surprised with your thought. Very Surprise.

1 person likes this.
  7. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

she attained Indian citizenship but it wont change her birth place..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  8. RoYaN

it was not a reply to the gita it was in his reply to his argument for moral/ethical coaching!!

9. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Ethical coaching? :crazy:

I thought you learn the 10 commandments for the same purpose and they were taught as part of Bible History course when we were in the 4th standard. Though George Carlin pulled it down to effectively two commandments. This is becoming even more funny as our esteemed guest Scofield is after Galaxy guns blazing. :sniper:

10. RoYaN

My point is more simpler why is their the need for religion base to education in Public schools??
    If people wan't moral coaching they should go to schools for moral coaching.

besides you arguments Show you are running in a circle and beating about the bush!!

11. Khan

Khan 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Are these Madrasahs in India? and do the Hindus have to read the Quran or otherwise leave the country?

12. theeternallaw13

theeternallaw13 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

i dunno why minorities are making boogie man outta we hindu's

we don;t say a word wen our kids in (government funded christian) school go to mess and pray to lord jesus christ(my apologies if i've hurt any christian members feeling or said something wrong)

in hindu schools we even celebrate id,lori,holi,deewali,christmas and many more festivals i can even count...
    an average kid in india spend 5 months in school and rest are holidays(u can research on that if don;t believe me)...........
    we respect there relegion and expect same from them

i don't think so karnataka;s education minister has said anything wrong
    u can f..k off if u can't respect our relegion and our feelings
    and secularism means people from all relegion lives together and cooperates to form a better country and lifestyle

13. @speaks

@speaks Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Its not fair to impose anything specially religious.
    But there is some deviation in the news printed in news paper and which is on the website:

Bangalore: Karnataka primary and secondary education minister Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri is sticking to his guns on his controversial remark over the introduction of the Bhagwad Gita in schools.
    “This country believes in the Gita. Those who oppose it and believe in philosophies that are not of this country can go there and propagate them,” he told TOI on Tuesday.
    At a function of the Gita Abhiyan last week in Kolar, the minister had come down heavily on those who opposed the introduction of the sacred text, which he said is aimed at inculcating ethical values among children. “Those who are opposing it are pampered by Western culture. Such people are welcome to leave our country and can go elsewhere,” he had said.
    Asked why the government is interested in introducing the Gita in schools, the minister said: “It’s not a government programme. It wasn’t initiated by our government. In 2007, the Gita was introduced by the Sondha Swarnavalli Mutt of Uttara Kannada district in all districts of the state. We are not financing it, we are just encouraging it,” he said.
    Asked what he would do if other communities also come up with similar demands, he said: “We will encourage any good work.”
    “The Bhagwad Gita is accepted as one of the greatest epics of all times. No light can challenge sunlight, no other religious epic can compete with the Bhagwad Gita. Ethical values preached in the Gita have been accepted by many foreign countries, so there’s no fun discussing the merits and demerits of the Gita,” he said.
    Pointing out that Gita Abhiyan has been successfully conducted in jails to help inmates, he questioned why those who are opposing the programme now, didn’t raise their voice when the Abhiyan was taken up in jails.

Article Window

Big question mark on Indian Media's intentions????

14. RoYaN

some in this country believe in the gita not all!!
    It is not for him to decide who is to stay and who is to leave India!!

15. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

One solution, allow HINDU community to run their own institutions. So, HINDU children can learn whatever they want and children from other religions will not have to enrol in such schools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.