Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Recess - The Chill Corner

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by SpArK, Jun 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Fenrir

Fenrir FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Norway
    How's everyone's weather? It's dumping snow around here:BVICTORY:. Woke up at 8, went skiing from 10 to 5:30 and now have ordered a pizza and am kicking back and watching something on Netflix for the rest of the day.

There's fantastic cross-country and downhill skiing in Norge. The whole country is one large mountain, but sometimes it levels out enough that you can track for miles cross-country.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got to be careful going downhill or you'll end up in a frozen fjord:mrgreen:.

Resorts are great too, but a little crowded for my taste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Wolfpack, Guynextdoor and Grevion like this.
  2. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    You remind me of this[​IMG]
    :mrgreen:
    Welcome

3. Grevion

Grevion Think Tank TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It's 16°c in my city and it's getting very cold.Brrrrr....:p
    No m not crazy....16 c is very cold for us Indians.:mad:

4. Fenrir

Fenrir FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Norway
    What do you mean brrrrr? 16 c is hot:eek:!!!

[​IMG]

Wolfpack and Grevion like this.
  5. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Not when you're habitual of temperature ranging from 40 c to 48 c in summers.
    Our snowmen looks like this in summers -
    [​IMG]
    :mrgreen:

Wolfpack and Robinhood Pandey like this.
  6. Fenrir

Fenrir FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Norway
    That's what I look like in the heat too:sick:. What's the minimum temperate the average Indian could handle? I know India is varied in climate with the mountainous regions being colder, as is typical for higher altitudes (though in Norge inversion tends to make valleys colder then mountains), but on average what do you think is the point at which cold just becomes too much?

Anything above 18 c and I'm uncomfortable.

Yup. I served in the RNoAF's 330 SAR squadron. My official job was as a rescue swimmer, meaning I was "on the line", but I had other responsibilities too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Norge has a huge commercial and military fleet and waters 7 times the size of the country (and a coastline that's either ranked 7th or 2nd depending on whether or not you include Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands) so we were always busy.

Our coastline, no matter the ranking, is larger then those of the US, India, China or Brazil, so you can imagine the daunting nature of the challenge we faced.

The later, though I've since changed my name to Fenrir to make tagging me easier for people on mobile devices. Freyja's my girlfriend.

:eek:

:cry:

When I first joined that forum I tried to make things as in-depth as possible, but honestly just got tired of people not paying attention. So I've cut back on the depth and frequency of my longer posts unless it's a subject I'm interested in, and even then the depth is restricted.

If you'd like something that isn't going to leave you desiring more, let me know and I'll do a write-up. Keep in mind I'm not an analyst:D, just a humble software engineer with relevant experience who moonlights as a defense enthusiast. But I'm always willing to share my views or thoughts if you'd like them.

Wolfpack likes this.
  7. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    That depends on which part of India you come from. When we talk about Climate, culture, food and language there is no such thing as an average Indian.:D
    We have temperature going down to -40 c in winters in the northern areas and 50 c in the western Indian deserts during summers.

Since i live in the western part of India anything below 10 c I'm uncomfortable, anything below 5 c I'm dead.:lol:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  8. OnePunchMan

OnePunchMan 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    man those are some nice pictures what camera do you use?? and lens too.

9. Fenrir

Fenrir FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Norway
    For a photo like this a Canon EOS 6D is used.

[​IMG]

A Canon EOS-1D X took this one.

[​IMG]

I prefer the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens which for the high cost saves me from needing multiple lenses, but I have a handful ranging from the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM to the Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM.

The lens used changes from picture to picture depending on lighting conditions, distance and how close I'm allowed to get and environmental factors like snow or fog.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Wolfpack likes this.
  10. OnePunchMan

Country Flag:
    India

yeah india does have really varying weather but for most part its pretty hot from dry heat in northern and western part to tropical and humid climate in the south we are pretty close to equator so ya know.

although i have a higher tolerance for the weather from the high 40s to -10 since i lived in sweden for my studies at lünd university which i can't say that out loud or to anyone actually without inviting puns jokes or outright weird expression because lünd means penis in hindi hahahahahahaha.

so yeah i have been acclimatized to cold weather now didn't liked the bland food though but with the recent revolution in nordic cooking and spices penetrating the palette im sure it wouldnt be hard to find good tasty food which does not want to make me jump and freeze to death in a fjord

fenrir and freyja a match made in heaven hahahahahaha was that your idea or you were forced to do that lol
    also keep the long detailed in depth posts coming i dont mind reading in depth reviews as a matter of fact that's what i am here for.

also TIL TIL that norge has a really long coast line i always thought that the load was shared by other nordic nations too and NATO but i guess norway is carrying out the lion's share of the duty.

aren't we all my friend aren't we all i liked your rig though.:D:bounce-grn:

11. OnePunchMan

Country Flag:
    India
    i also use the cannon EOS 70D but my pictures never look so good atleast not without lot of after work on them with photoshop and stuff thats i mostly shoot RAW but i guess really suck at photography also i hardly use it most of the time i use a iphone camera i feel so lazy in using the cannon i guess i should probably sell it.

but damn your clicks are always so impressive and on point.

12. R!CK

R!CK 2nd Lieutant Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India

Wolfpack likes this.
  13. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Major SENIOR MEMBER

There is something else, something has happened 'there'. They're editing china related editorials. You don't need to criticize, just say 'China economy is slowing' and you'll find it immediately removed. Some weird shit.

Grevion, Levina, nik141993 and 3 others like this.
  14. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG]

Wolfpack, Grevion, Schwifty and 2 others like this.
  15. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    I think the news anchor failed to discuss important point. He just asked few generic questions. That's it

Wolfpack and Nilgiri like this.