Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Recess - The Chill Corner

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by SpArK, Jun 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Levina

Levina Guest

I know a "stone-pelter" Kashmiri, who forwards me a lot of stuff that he I suppose forwards to his other "stone-pelter" friends too.
    On many occasions in the past I have tried drilling sense into him, but all in vain. He would often go incommunicado during the operations in the valley.
    Some times it boils my blood to see him forwarding anti-India stuff and I have contemplated blocking him. But I know the guy as such is a very innocent and genuine person. So I decided to keep the communication channels open.
    Very recently he has begun sending me Khalistan related stuff. The change in strategy is very obvious.
    ISI is back to its old tricks. It's either khalistan or Kashmir for them.
    Ppl have been linking Kejriwal with Khalistani supporters. Any truth in it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2017
  2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    full funding of AAP has been thru ISI network which includes Khalistanis and gulf based muslim groups.

Levina likes this.
  3. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Why the f*ck would any Indian Sikh want to betray their motherland? 90% of few dozen Khalistanis are ISI backed and the rest aren't Khalistanis but are demanding justice for 1984.

4. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate THINKER

Country Flag:
    India

You have to appear at BAR in all countries :D

5. Scotlander

Scotlander Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This is the bitter truth. AAP was/is sleeping in bed with Khalistani's in Punjab. It's election campaign was sponsored by them.

This was reported in Local Media, but not in detailed by MSM. Prominent AAP leaders used to stay at houses owned by Khalistani's etc..

That's the reason Hindus overwhelmingly & Sikhs who don't support Khalistan Movement voted for INC which is as Bad as SAD-BJP. They knew the danger of electing AAP.

Levina likes this.
  6. Scotlander

Scotlander Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Exactly Bro! We as a Nation Failed our Sikh Brothers by not taking Perpetrators of 84 to Justice. That's the reason many of them are angry at us. :(

Abingdonboy likes this.
  7. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Guys, Have you witness Horus getting owned on Twitter? I posted it on a thread which got closed shortly afterward, hence I am posting it here.

8. Levina

Levina Guest

He banned IDF and my account from accessing PDF's twitter acct.
    Christine fair had once locked her horns with him and it didn't go too well back then also.
    But then don't you see "any publicity is good publicity" for him as that helps bring more audience to PDF.
    Fair enough! He's doing it for his forum.

nik141993 and A_poster like this.
  9. A_poster

Country Flag:
    India

Yes. But he made a grammatical error in trying to be an asshole, and became object of derision himself. Also, I don't think that any publicity is good publicity on Twitter as there are even more egregious people than him on twitter.

Levina likes this.
  10. Levina

Levina Guest

Check the number of people who register on that site per day and keep a watch on number of Indians. It's flattering really! Grammatical error or not but he manages to pull good amount of audience with such posts is what matters finally.
    Anyways as a mod I don't think I should be discussing this here on the open forum. I must stick to forum etiquette. :)

11. Dagger

Dagger 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Dint wanna spoil that thread.
    My opinion of Modi is he is a simpleton with ideals, who collected really smart well meaning men. He just has to follow their ideas, and he has the guts to take the gamble. But I doubt if he has the IQ to really plot and analyze any subject. But if he attracts and empowers smart idealistic men. Thats all India needs.
    Given that, he can't be forced to accept bad deals with wily ppl like Doval around. He can be forced to make enormous Gaffes on the spur of a moment. In an interview for eg. Thats his weakness. My 2 cents.

Blackjay and A_poster like this.
  12. A_poster

Country Flag:
    India
    Same thoughts here.

Modi's core competency is giving sppeches and getting votes. He never was an intellectual heavyweight (like Manmohan Singh) and he never gave any indication of having natural wisdom when dealing with technical matters. Though ,as his Gujarat stint proves, he (unlike Trump) does listen to people who are good in their fields.

Though I do not think Doval has a handle on Indo-US or Indo-Europe or Indo-Latin american or Indo-African relations. These sectors are probably looked after by Foreign secretary, and Doval's role is (should be) limited to dealing with our neighbours, middle east, SE Asia, and China.

Dagger and Blackjay like this.
  13. Dagger

Dagger 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Agreed.On a lateral note, I think having a big IQ is actually disadvantage for social dominance , charisma and speech-giving. High IQ ppl tend to block out emotions and have cool logic. They talk about abstract items,facts and don't like to talk about personal incidents which actually contain the emotions. Doesn't get them the votes or the girls :meeting:

A_poster likes this.
  14. Johny_Baba

Johny_Baba REGISTERED

Country Flag:
    United States
    Namaskar Mitron!

I'm Johny,same Johny_Baba from 'da other forum'.It seems some faces are familiar to me.

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  15. Fox

Fox Supreme Overlord FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Norway
    There is a rail station close to where I live, do you think I could get the Schwerer Gustav in red:tongue:?

You live in the US right? Is that because of local restrictions (like NYC where ownership is more stringent) or is it more personal taste? I'd never contemplate a small caliber firearm like a .22 LR Ruger. They're fine for target shooting or range practice, but sooo lacking in utility beyond that.

Despite being known as a peaceful group, we Nords value our security and respect and value our rights to own firearms. Sweden and Norway are both in the top 10 in terms of firearms ownership, though the reasons for ownership do differ between either side. In Sweden it's more for personal defence and automatic weapons are legal. In Norway most firearms are owned by hunters or recreational shooters (I fit into the later category) and most personal defence weapons are medium caliber handguns since automatic weapons and large capacity shotguns were restricted or banned following a tightening of gun laws post 2011.

.338 rifles are common with seal hunters and suppressors are not regulated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You still find large capacity shotguns like this 870 owned by a Norwegian citizen, but again, they're typically for hunting and are now highly regulated.

[​IMG]

Most hunting shotguns are crack action, two shot weapons.

[​IMG]

Each of these weapons belongs to either a Norwegian or Swedish citizen. They, large caliber firearms, really aren't uncommon in our countries

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Bloom 17 and Johny_Baba like this.