Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Remove Yeddyurappa demand emerges from within BJP

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by DaRk KnIght, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Demand for the removal of Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa on Saturday emerged from within the Bharatiya Janata Party in the wake of the Lokayukta allegedly indicting him in his report on illegal mining in the State.

BJP vice-president and the party’s former Karnataka in-charge Shanta Kumar has written a letter to party president Nitin Gadkari and senior leader L.K. Advani demanding that Mr. Yeddyurappa be removed immediately.

“I have stated in my letter that due to Yeddyurappa’s continuance in office, the image of the BJP throughout the country was getting tarnished. We have compromised long enough. We should not wait any longer and go for a change of leadership,†Mr. Kumar told PTI.

Mr. Kumar, who is currently holidaying in Goa, said he could no longer bear reports about corruption in the Karnataka government and was forced to write this letter.

“When I was in-charge of Karnataka and the charges against Yeddyurappa were made the last time (of out-of-turn land allotment to his sons) I had suggested to the party to remove him. When this did not happen I asked to be freed of my responsibilities,†Mr. Kumar said.

A senior BJP leader, preferring anonymity, said that so far Mr. Yeddyurappa has been able to hold onto his post as there were no reports till now which would directly indict him and the earlier charges were mere allegations.

With the report of Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, which is likely to be submitted to the Karnataka Chief Secretary soon, Mr. Yeddyurappa’s continuance could become untenable, the leader noted.

However, officially the BJP has been evading questions on Mr. Yeddyurappa’s fate, saying it will respond only after the Lokayukta report is made public.

After Mr. Kumar, the voices within the party seeking his removal are likely to grow stronger with several top leaders of the party feeling not removing him would considerably weaken the BJP’s fight against corruption.

The BJP’s big plans of taking on the United Progressive Alliance government on the issue of corruption in the forthcoming session of Parliament would be dented if Mr. Yeddyurappa stays as Chief Minister.

“How will we fight against corruption if we compromise on Yeddyurappa. The water has now risen above the danger level. By not changing the chief minister in one state, BJP’s image is being tainted across the country,†Mr. Kumar said.

Mr. Yeddyurappa, the first BJP Chief Minister in a southern State, has survived all attacks against him in the last three years since he came to power by convincing the party top brass that he has the support of the majority of his party MLAs.

The 68-year-old Chief Minister is the most prominent Lingayat leader of the BJP in Karnataka and the party has been wary of antagonising the community by removing him.

However, the BJP has to finally take a call on Mr. Yeddyurappa’s continuance to carry on its fight against corruption.

The Hindu : News / National : Remove Yeddyurappa demand emerges from within BJP

2. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

He should be removed before SC takes action.

3. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

they should have removed him long time ago. BJP rode on sympathy wave to claim power for the first time on it's own in karnataka. Yeddy's mismanagement will cost them dearly. They had an opertunity to extend their influence in southern india.. but their inability in providing good governance in karnataka will cost ther dearly!

4. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx Major SENIOR MEMBER

Plzzz BJP remove Yeddy from his post & from BJP... same should be done with Bellary reddy brothers... They are a Disgrace to the Party...

5. Capt.Popeye

Capt.Popeye Captain SENIOR MEMBER

That will be the right thing to do, in the long-term interests of the party. But removing the Bellary brothers will mean the Govt. will just collapse. Is the BJP ready for that consequence?

6. JanjaWeed

Bellary brothers are BJP's moneybags in Karnataka & the party would no way want to lose it's chief financiers. But dropping them, would earn lot of political mileage for BJP & might be able to regain some of the sympathy they lost. These reddy brothers are despised by most in karnataka!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  7. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

If by action you mean strictures the S.C has already done that!!

8. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

Government is not bigger than Righteousness... I support BJP cozz they are Different from Congress... but whats the Use if they are on the Similar path of Corruption & having petty politics for the sake of Making a Majority government...

9. JanjaWeed

atleast they are not a threat to the national security, unity or doesn't propagate lateban ideology like the one we have at the centre now. that makes them lesser of the two evils even if they are corrupt!

10. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

Corruption cant be Tolerated at any level... there is no bigger or smaller evil in corruption... I stick to that party as i like its Ideology ... I cant tolerate any bad governance as much as Unity & security as both are interlinked ... kicking them out of the party will be a Good display by the party & it will better its image in Public view... if one yeddy starts it then Modi, shivraj singh & others may follow... so set a example for every one...

11. JanjaWeed

neither do i support their curruption nairsaab.. read my first post. My argument as always is that all political parties are corrupt & useless including BJP. But if i'm told to choose between two evils, obviously i'm going to go for the lesser one. BJP might be as bad as congress when it comes to corruption.. but they are not as dangerous as congress when it comes to national security & stability!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  12. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

Hey i dont agree with everything what u said... BJP is very less Corrupt then Congress... but the corruption needed to be further Decreased to Improve BJP...

13. JanjaWeed

but you agree with some of the things... right??

14. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

Ya Almost 99%... accept the BJP is as corrupt as Congress part :toast_sign:

1 person likes this.
  15. Kronus

Kronus Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Yeddy should go OTW it shall become a big setback for BJP when they claim they are against corruption. I don't want another Congress!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.