Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Revealed: Pak Arming Hizbul Mujahideen With Chemical Weapons

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by Hellfire, Jul 12, 2017.

1. nair

nair Die hard Romeo Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Never heard of such incident before

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    They tried to do wht US did in Afghan by giving stingers. Since the stingers were all accounted for, Pak tried giving Jihadis Chinese stuff and tht was stopped by US.
    I was flying for Jet Airways those days and all civil pilots who came from Indian Airlines, refused to operate flights to J&K. We, the retired pilots from Navy and AF volunteered to operate those flights. They were 9W-603 & 9W-605. Only two airlines flew in to Srinagar in 1999, Jet and IA. IA pilots demanded an insurance of over 2crore to operate those flights. We did not make any demand. During the entire war, these two flights were exclusively operated for Jet by us-exservicemen. It was extremely difficult as the fighter ops were on and we had to be guided in every day from a different route to avoid being shot down by Jihadis. One Alliance Air aircraft came back with bullet holes. We used to do very steep approaches, way beyond aircraft certified limits and DGCA just looked the other way due to instructions from MOD. I have flown B737-400 in to Srinagar to its limits just like my Sea Harrier. I have flown breeching minimum safety altitude of 2000ft while going across from Jammu to Srinagar and back as was demanded by Northern Control and Sri Control.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  3. stephen cohen

stephen cohen Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    There are so many Army camps and cantonments in Kashmir

What if they are able to lob some Gas Canisters inside these Army establishments

All that they have to do is breach the perimeter security