Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rich Pakistanis planning to run to UK with their money

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by BlueOval, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Oh, leave it - let us not be too judgmental and sensitive over this particular nation. There are certain things that can be said about a country's (any given country's) people, which will hold good for a majority of the citizens of that country. This group-characteristic is more true in the case of Pakistan, than other nations. And the point being made here, if you look past the sarcastic one-liner, is that Pakistanis make an amazingly high proportion of rapists, when compared to the size of their population in UK. Indians in UK, and especially Indian Muslims, can be forgiven for expressing frustration and disgust at this, especially as they have to bear the brunt of being lumped in the same category!!

2. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

That is very simplistic and doesnt cut it. If we are to take a statistical survey. What percentage of the Pakistani UK population will be accused or arrested for rape crimes? 1%? 2%? Does that give us the right to malign an entire community? How can we then confront others on other forums who possess the same generalizing attitudes against us Indians?

And if we want to make this forum the premier defense forum for India, we have to rise above these things. I'd say for all its faults, even PDF doesnt allow such stuff.

And the pity is that you are defending it.

3. Spartacus+

Spartacus+ Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Tariq u deleted my message and giving free hand to Indians to abuse so i am creating new thread about dalits and Indian poverty if you find any anti-Indian thing in it delete it. :biggthumpup:

4. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

As usual your thread has no substance. It only has anti-India content. Dont worry we wont Invade pakistan after.........:wink:

5. Bangalorean

After Pakistan disintegrates. That's what you intended to say, isn't it? :lol:

As an aside, I think that when Pakistan disintegrates, I think landlocked Pakjab will still retain the name of Pakistan.

6. DaRk KnIght

No dude that was not what I intended to say :wink: honestly :azn:

What i intend to say is when rich people will leave pakistan then ofcourse there will be huge rise in unemployment and that will lead to social unrest. :wink:

7. Bangalorean

Well, here's how I see it: in general this forum (IDF) allows much freer speech than other comparable forums such as PDF. If the moderators show leniency towards such generalizations, they also show great leniency towards Pakistani trolling. Pakistanis are allowed to open threads against India and create anti-India content. On PDF, however, I have been permanently banned five times. Jana made a comment about how a small bunch of 'Brahmins and Baniyas' in India oppress and control the rest of the billion strong population. In response, I typed a paragraph on how the Pashtuns and Balochis are bombed and maimed, while elite Punjabis live in comfort in Lahore and Pindi. Taimikhan handed out a permanent ban for that, stating, "anti Pakistan comments are not allowed, go and rant on Indian forums". Another time I got a permanent ban for something similar. And so on.

Initially I was not in favour of allowing anti-India threads and comments here on IDF, but the mods decided that IDF would be a place where free speech would be encouraged, from both sides. People would be shut up by strength of arguments and not through censorship.

You can disagree with what Tariq is saying, but as far as general forum policy goes, I think we're fine, as long as we are even handed with both sides.

8. DaRk KnIght

PDF is not a bench mark but we will be :tup:

9. Capt.Popeye

Capt.Popeye Captain SENIOR MEMBER

The above is a funny phenomenon in Pakistan. Add to that list, Hussain Haqqani the Pakistani ambassador to USA, who is an US citizen. Citizenship is a status of an individual who is born or who has pledged allegiance to a particular country. Specifically, in the US; one stands before the US flag and takes a solemn pledge of allegiance which is witnessed, in order to gain US citizenship. And pretty much the same story in all countries, except that one may have to make a signed declaration only.

Now the question arises: in such a case of dual nationality/citizenship, the person is loyal to whom? For example in the now hot 'Raymond Davis' case, where does the Pakistani Ambassador's allegiance lie, to USA or Pakistan? If Shah Mahmood Qureshi is an American citizen, then it is logical that "his country" USA got him sacked as Foreign Minister of "his country", Pakistan! Can there be any thing more funny and confusing than this.

Also the question comes up: how is it that Pakistan accepts such a situation for its citizens? Especially for those who hold high and important offices. Is this an indication that Pakistan has little conviction in its own raison d'etre that it will allow its own citizens to keep their "feet in two boats", so to speak.

10. Bangalorean

^^ I confess that this piece of information was news to me! I was not aware of this mind-boggling situation of important functionaries of Pakistan holding foreign citizenship! Given this background, I won't be surprised if the story in the 'Manchurian candidate' comes true in Pakistan someday....

11. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Exactly it did appear to be too bizarre, even by Pakistani standards. So I had to check it out further.

I hate to say this but that website is not the most credible source for this kind of information.

If you do a simple google search of "zardari is US citizen" all links refer to a "prominent US website declaring Zardari as US citizen", in absence of any more reliable source this one is supposed to be a propaganda.

A website can't just "declare" someone to be US citizen.

12. Welcome

Welcome 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

you are taking like that Pakistan has no poverty.....why not to create thread like " poverty in pakistan" or "terrorism in pakistan"...
    hmmm best idea create thread whose title will be " List of terrorism attack in pakistan: Daily Update".
    Sorry but we will not crate it because we indian don't like to laugh on others problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.