Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Rohingyas - Ethnic cleansing or the only viable solution for long-term peace

Discussion in 'China & Asia Pacific' started by BMD, Nov 22, 2017.

?

What do you do?

This poll will close on Aug 18, 2020 at 9:31 PM.
  1. Keep them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Demographic rationalisation

19 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

The British were cowards and they knew they would end up under the guillotine when the revolt was started by the Indian Navy in Bombay and spread through the armed and police forces all over the country. So they decided to "act" as if they are doing a benevolent act of giving independence to India by breaking an intact entity called the BE into 8 countries today. The curse of their Karma is chasing them for the past generations.

2. Golden_Rule

Question: How else could one counter a 'cohesive' Islamic force, but for a 'Christian' crusade then?

I guess this is where India failed to stop the 'Islamic' invasion because it was taken up as a "mainu ki, it is someone else's fight" when another kingdom was attacked and looted. Had they all been united as a single Hindu kingdom like Chandragupta Maurya or like Ashoka, Islam could not have dared to step into the Indian subcontinent.

vstol jockey likes this.
  3. Golden_Rule

Paper documentation was never a way to record knowledge. The tools then were "Shruti" and "Smriti"

vstol jockey likes this.
  4. Golden_Rule

Mahabharata yuddha, as the name suggests is the Great war of Bharata. It was no tribal warfare. Almost half of the Asian subcontinent population were killed together from both sides

vstol jockey likes this.
  5. Golden_Rule

So, an outsider comes and tell you of your lineage or does your family know it yourself through your ancestory? AIT is a cunning ploy to hijack India's heritage, culture, language of its primacy.

vstol jockey likes this.
  6. Golden_Rule

@vstol jockey - buddy, I still remember my promise made long time back to provide you a reading of your horoscope. I was learning then - an amateur, I am still learning, the more I learn and dive deep into it, the more complexities come to the surface. There is one principle in Jyotisha - the science of light - which is to throw light on one's past, present and future. Anyone digressing from this principle becomes a stakeholder of the lies of shade or darkness (not light) communicated to the jataka. hence I am not sure when, but it will be for sure sometime in future and that will expose the truth to you to the best of my abilities. Till then please bear with me.

This is not my profession, it's my hobby. And as a perfectionist, I do not want to convey anything less than that.

vstol jockey likes this.
  7. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Not a problem, take your time.

Golden_Rule likes this.
  8. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I was referring to the dates where these text were first believed to have been recorded on paper ( read parchment / scroll / copper inscriptions / birchbark etc etc )

I'm aware of Shruti and Smriti and the differences between them . Our texts can't be dated precisely for this reason . This is also one of the reasons for wild speculations regarding the precise dates .

Eg The Mahabharata war on the basis of some astronomical phenomena is thought to be dated to 3100 BC approximately . There's another school of thought which pushes it back to 5000 BC.Dating based on the genealogies of the Puranas suggest mid second millennium BCE.

Hope you have got the gist of what I'm trying to convey .

9. _Anonymous_

Country Flag:
    India
    Proof ?

Proof ?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  10. _Anonymous_

Country Flag:
    India
    As of now neither can be proved . The "proof" cited by the proponents of the AIT theory can be used to prove the OIT as well.

But the AIT is being slowly replaced by another bogus AMT - Aryan Migratory Theory .

11. _Anonymous_

Country Flag:
    India
    This isn't a question of someone telling me my heritage . It ought to be done in a scientific manner and backed by solid proof .

The AIT maybe bogus but we're still not in a position to prove OIT . Hence the status quo persists and we have our school text books reach the same bogus AIT. Which in many circles preaching the AIT which is now been widely discredited is being gradually replaced by their adherents by the AMT. This is another example of their intellectual fraud .

12. Golden_Rule

You will get both the proofs when you read and 'understand' the Mahabharata and the Bhagvat Geeta. And BTW, what is your proof for your claims otherwise?

13. _Anonymous_

Country Flag:
    India
    I meant documented proofs , something that conforms to scientific , rational and universal accepted methods of proof and verification .What you're referring to are books of faith .One can either take their words as articles of faith or not .

Or do you seriously believe all those celestial weapons of war used in kurukshetra caused deaths in millions ?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  14. Golden_Rule

According to author Bansi Pandit author of The Hindu Mind:

"The Aryan Invasion Theory was put forth by Western scholars, many of whom were Christian missionaries or whose scientific reasoning was influenced by religious overtones. The Western scholars (who were mostly Christians) believed in Biblical chronology, according to which the world was created in about 4,000 BCE. Thus they rejected outright any literary evidence in the ancient Hindu scriptures that pointed to dates and events earlier that 4,000 BCE.

Max Mulller, as a Christian himself, believed that the world was created around 4,000 BCE, as endorsed by Biblical chronology. He thus arbitrarily assumed the time interval for development of each Veda to be at 200 years. Any time period assumed to be greater than 200 years would have pushed the date of the composition of the Vedas earlier than 4,000 BCE. thus conflicting with Max Muller's religious belief about the creation of the world. Knowing that Buddha lived around 500 BCE and that the Vedas were composed prior to Buddha, Max Muller calculated the date of the arrival of Aryans in India as 500 BCE + 200 years (per time interval) x 5 (time intervals) = 1500 BCE.

The Vedas often speak of the war between "the forces of light" and "the forces of darkness." Although these expressions are only poetic metaphors (to illustrate a war between virtue and evil) in the Vedas, they were nevertheless interpreted as by Western scholars to indicate a war between light-skinned Aryans and dark-skinned Dravidians. Thus it was concluded that India was invaded by Aryans who destroyed the supposed pre-Aryan Indus Valley culture. Current archaeological data have revealed that the Indus Valley culture was not destroyed by any outside invasion, but by natural causes, such as seismic events and floods.

Also, the correct translation of the Sanskrit term samudra is ocean, it was initially translated as "a body of water." Hence the references to ships in the Rig Veda and to the river Saraswati (and other ancient rivers) were considered false and mythical by Westerners. If samudra had been translated correctly as ocean, the references to ships and the vast trade over water would have been considered real and not mythical, and would have also indicated that the Aryans were civilized people and not nomads. The idea of nomadic Aryans had been assumed by Western scholars to fit their idea of the Aryan invasion.

The Implication of the Aryan Invasion theory is that it declares the Vedic culture to be primitive. The Puranas, Mahabharata, and Ramayana are labled as mythical and approximately 7,000 years of Vedic culture are left without any historical basis. It creates a rift between the North and South. Also that Vedic culture was subsequent to the Middle-Eastern culture, which are historically linked to the Bible and Christianity.

Shri Aurobindo wrote about European scholarship:

"European scholarship regards human civilization as a recent progression starting yesterday with the Fiji islander, and ending today with Rockefeller, conceiving ancient culture as necessarily half savage culture." It is a superstition of modern thought that the march of knowledge has always been linear." "Our vision of "prehistory" is terribly inadequate. We have not yet rid our minds from the hold of a one-and-only God or one-and-only Book, and now a one-and-only Science."

We are ready to accept all European theories, the theory of an 'Aryan' colonization of a Dravidian India, the theory of Nature worship…as if these hazardous speculations were on par in authority and certainty with the law of gravitation and the theory of evolution.” “So great is the force of attractive generalizations and widely popularized errors that all the world goes on perpetuating the blunder talking of the Indo-European races, claiming or disclaiming Aryan kinship and building on that basis of falsehood the most far-reaching political, social or pseudo-scientific conclusions."

Again we may rely on the broad understanding of David Frawley:

"It is important to examine the social and political implications of the Aryan invasion idea:

First, it served to divide India into a northern Aryan and southern Dravidian culture which were made hostile to each other. This kept the Hindus divided and is still a source of social tension.

Second, it gave the British an excuse in their conquest of India. They could claim to be doing only what the Aryan ancestors of the Hindus had previously done millennia ago.

Third, it served to make Vedic culture later than and possibly derived from Middle Eastern cultures. With the proximity and relationship of the latter with the Bible and Christianity, this kept the Hindu religion as a sidelight to the development of religion and civilization to the West.

Fourth, it allowed the sciences of India to be given a Greek basis, as any Vedic basis was largely disqualified by the primitive nature of the Vedic culture.

This discredited not only the 'Vedas' but the genealogies of the 'Puranas' and their long list of the kings before the Buddha or Krishna were left without any historical basis. The 'Mahabharata', instead of a civil war in which all the main kings of India participated as it is described, became a local skirmish among petty princes that was later exaggerated by poets. In short, it discredited the most of the Hindu tradition and almost all its ancient literature. It turned its scriptures and sages into fantasies and exaggerations.

This served a social, political and economical purpose of domination, proving the superiority of Western culture and religion. It made the Hindus feel that their culture was not the great thing that their sages and ancestors had said it was. It made Hindus feel ashamed of their culture - that its basis was neither historical nor scientific. It made them feel that the main line of civilization was developed first in the Middle East and then in Europe and that the culture of India was peripheral and secondary to the real development of world culture.

Such a view is not good scholarship or archeology but merely cultural imperialism. The Western Vedic scholars did in the intellectual sphere what the British army did in the political realm - discredit, divide and conquer the Hindus. In short, the compelling reasons for the Aryan invasion theory were neither literary nor archeological but political and religious - that is to say, not scholarship but prejudice."

15. Golden_Rule

Keeping aside modern day DNA methods, do you have a proof that you are the son of your great grand father or for that matter your mother?