Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

RSS-backed meet has Christians worried

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Osiris, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

Narendra Modi to participate in Narmada Samajik Kumbh

Raipur: About 1,50,000 pilgrims from Chhattisgarh have reached Mandla for the Narmada Samajik Kumbh. Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Himachal Pradesh CM Ramesh Pokhriyal will participate in the event on Friday. The closing ceremony of the event will be attended by the Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh and the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat.

A member of the event’s organizing committee Gopal agarwal said that the idea behind the function is to spread social unity and to make the people living in forest areas aware about religion. He also said that food and staying arrangements for visitors have been made. About 60000 temporary rooms, 17000 toilets, 300 parking spaces etc have been set up.

He said that people from all over the state are converging at Mandla for the event. Earlier, the organizing committee had extensively toured villages to invite people for the event.

Narendra Modi to participate in Narmada Samajik Kumbh - www.daily.bhaskar.com

2. WARrior

WARrior 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

yaar problem is all rightwing guyz here want to take so called revenge at any cost.....irrespective of what happens to this country. they wanna do whatever pakistan has done to us even if we meet the same fate as of pakistan.....now what wud u comment ?

in kashmir, it started with 1 amarnath land issue and todays date 5 lakh+ ppl were on streets shouting AZADI.

dont know where will this all take us ? just and just in name of BADLA.

3. Matt

Matt FULL MEMBER

Im sorry i cant understand what youre trying to say here....care to paraphrase ?. Also ,

offtopic: i dont think youre from israel.

4. WARrior

for understanding me u have 2 go thru all my posts.

as far as israel is concerned, I am an israeli descent but i have lived my whole lyf in mumbai and hence consider myself an indian.

if u have problem with my flag, then ask moderators to object. i wud do the necessary.:cheers:

5. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Well, we have had a long and heated discussion already here. But what I understand from the original post is, the RSS meet is to "convert Christians to Hinduism". I'm not sure that's something which can be protested. It falls under freedom of religion guaranteed by the constitution, just the same as Hindus converting to Christianity out of their free will.

If it is proved or anticipated that there is likelihood of forced conversions or violence, then yes, there is cause for worry. Otherwise, I think this is just much ado about nothing. Correct me if my understanding of this event is wrong.

Disclaimer: I am a "right winger" in economic matters and a "left/center winger" in political and religious matters. :smile:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  6. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Yup, you would find on numerous occasions where they'd come up with a logic like..... "try doing this in Mecca/Medina" or "this is happening in Pakistan" etc.

These are the same people who believe that Hindu can never be a militant even after terrorist Purohit being unmasked.

7. Coltsfan

I believe that any meeting that has backing of a terrorist organization should be a cause for worry for any law abiding citizen. Especially when the track record of affiliated organizations is taken into account.

8. Coltsfan

Don't worry about it, one of the member here had objected to my flag too, cos according to them my views weren't "Indian" :rofl: I take you can very well imagine who that member would be :tongue:

1 person likes this.
  9. WARrior

matlab resultant is......u are 'beech ka' ! :bounce-grn: :laugh: ha ha ! :joking:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  10. Osiris

'We need to frame a new law to stop religion conversion': RSS chief

Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat asserting that there is a need to frame a new law to stop religious conversion, on Friday said the Scheduled Tribes, who convert into Christianity, should be debarred from the benefits of reservation.

"To stop the religious conversion in the country, to give employment to the poor people from the scheduled tribes, to give them education, to give them jobs, we need to frame a new law, guaranteeing that whoever converts from their religions should not get the benefit of reservation," said Bhagwat at Madhya Pradesh's Mandala District.

"If some body becomes a Christian from the scheduled caste, then why should they be given the benefits of the reservation?" he added.

Bhagwat was here to attend the Kumbh festival that kicked off today on the banks of river Narmada.

The three-day long festival will come to an end on Sunday. (ANI)

'We need to frame a new law to stop religion conversion': RSS chief

11. Osiris

which terrorist organisation LeT, al qaeda,or christian NTLF

12. Osiris

till now narmada kumbh is peaceful..propaganda spread by bishops and missionaries failed

13. Osiris

P Chidambaran has insulted "majority community": Madhya Pradesh BJP

Madhya Pradesh BJP today said that the union home minister P Chidambaram had insulted the "majority community" by his remarks that BJP government in the state was encouraging religious fundamentalism.

"The statement of the union home minister is an insult of the majority community and if Chidambaram and Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh continue to do so, then they (the majority community) are also ready to settle the score with them," said the tate BJP President, Prabhat Jha, here.

Jha was reacting to Chidambaram's statement at the local Congress office here yesterday. The union home minister had said that BJP, which rules the state, was encouraging religious fundamentalism, and dividing the society.

Jha said that it appeared Chidambaram was not aware of prevailing situation in the state and instead of saving the Congress, he was "making another hole in the party's sinking
    boat".

P Chidambaran has insulted "majority community": Madhya Pradesh BJP - India - DNA

14. Coltsfan

Probably because Dara Singh, Purohit and Assemanand are behind bars, some terrorist organization get scared very easily it seems. :lol:

15. WARrior

nahin yaar......now since its been peaceful then we might give them some weight. i ma not saying that it was a complete propaganda by missionaries of this is complete farce by the RSS.....

its just things are going peacefully and hence its accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.