Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Russian movies with English subtitles

Discussion in 'General Multimedia' started by YarS, Mar 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Wikipedia is a propaganda outlet. Don't take it seriously when it comes to historical or political facts or dates. It is however a good source for everything else.
    We never had a Dravidian identity or concept. Our identity has always been Bharat and the race identity Bharatvarsh. We never called ourself Dravidian race. The problem is we never had a govt. which cared to correct all the mispromotions untill now and in 1998. It'll take another 20 years for us to restore our history. If we correct anything immediately, there's an anti-national intellectual brigade who will portray us as manipulating history and so and so and since ours is a democrasy and public opinion is important, we can't do that.

We also have corruption in historical dates, although there is less corruption in the order of events. We never bothered to attach dates to events because we never thought of self-boasting about how old we are. More importance was given to order of events. It is like in the west, timing in music is given heavy importance, but in Bharat timing is not important, rather order and rythem is what has importance. It is a cultural preference. So we never bothered to pass down exact dates of events, and this made it easy for our enemies to backdate events to match Biblical dates like wold began a few thousand years ago.

Anyway, this is a thread about Russia, so lets discuss more Russian things.

YarS likes this.
  2. YarS

YarS Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    Caravan Hunters. Movie about Afganistan war.
    The Mujahideen announce the launch of a new air-defense system called Stinger, which could potentially end Soviet supremacy in the air. Commander of Intelligence, Major Okovalkov is assigned the mission of getting hold of this new weapon and to do this, he has to intercept a small caravan transporting, according to intelligence information, a couple of Stingers.

mugundhan and Veeran like this.
  3. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Again I'm surprised you know about the Malankara Orthdox church in Kerala. Did you ever visit Kerala before. I wish there was some ties with Russian Orthodox church. Maybe Russia can tie up with the Orthodox churches in Bharat, especially Southern coast, to further improve ties. We're competing with Latin/Catholic missionaries here and would really be glad for an alliance. They (Latin/Catholics) have also started some Satanic temples in the middle of Kochi (important port city of Kerala and a new mini-metropolis) to influence politics and orthodox churches through inflitrating trojen horses.

4. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    There are fake temples in Bharat established by the Anglo-Saxons in Karnataka, Maharashtra, Goa and Kerala, mostly to defame Dharmic believes and contained vile practises. Temples that came into being between 14h century and mid 20th century in these areas need to be double checked before being taken as representers of Hinduism/Sanatan Dharma.

5. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Vikramadityan ruled from western middle east to eastern tip of Asia at some point in history. This is the time when there was the last exchange of symbols from the subcontinent to around the world. Since then we have been loosing ground continuously untill Pakistan so the exchanges didn't happen later, except there is an exception of Alexandar attacking Bharat later and taking some texts related mathematics, jyothisham (Astrology) but they didn't take any symbols.

So if as you say it was prevalant in Bharat, then it got exchanged at that era, disappeared within the subcontinent itself, and re-emerged as a western symbol of power in the west.

Well if you want to find pictures of anmals or birds, I think you'll find them plenty in Hinduism since every demigod or god usually travelled on some animal/bird based vehicle/vimanam (flying machine). So it is easy to find birds and animals like that.

I think @vstol jockey can clarify about Gandaberunda, since he is a Brahmin.

But what I mean is we never used birds as symbol of political power, except for the example you mentioned, it is an adopted concept, and not an indigenous one.

Our symbols usually had something to do with Dharma. And w.r.t military/assertive power we used variations of this from Ashokas time:
    [​IMG]

But in the west, you can see constant references of associating Eagle as their identity symbol. The most famous usage for me is the Eagle of Rome and how it was a symbol of hope for the Romans. This is what I meant originally. That west uses Eagle as an identification symbol, and I got confused why the Russians who saw themselves as an empire-civilization-combo in their own right would use symbols more common with the west.

YarS likes this.
  6. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    We have people of Syriac origin too!!
    Never knew that. Good to know

BTW I'm noob in how lineage works among Christians. So excuse my stupid question

YarS likes this.
  7. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    We're not Syrian. We're all ethnic natives. There was a time when the lineage of Christian archbhishop ended in Kerala, and we invited Syrian church archbishop to come and restart the linegae in Kerala by blessing another priest to archbhishophood.

But there are small communities of Jews, Knanai, ethnic Arabs, etc living in Kerala. The Jews and Arabs are incredibly cultureless!! I don't know why Kerala kings gave refuge to these scoundrals. The Jews have even behaved treasonously, same for the Arabs.

The Knanai's have adopted local traditions, etc but remain Christian, also they marry within and is a closed community. So far, they have not been a problem to anyone.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    YarS likes this.
  8. YarS

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    It is old and gloriouse Church, established by Thomas the Apostle. It is rare privilege for me - discuss with you, brother.

No. I was in the hot countries few times, and had understand that it is not mine. I know (by logic) that warm climate is favorable for human, but my senses tell me contrary.

There are some ties with Russian Ortodox church. Russian priests can use Malankara churches for worship. C.V. Cheriyan is translating Russian Ortodox books in malayāḷaṁ. There are planning program for education of some Malankara in Moscow.
    Chairman of PR-Department of Russian Ortodox church was study in Malankara Ortodox college.
    But we need more, of course.

Veeran likes this.
  9. YarS

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    I'm not very familiar with Induists texts, but as I know, transforming of Vishnu in Gandaberunda was presented in Vishnu Purana (IV-V century). I very doubt that it was edited by Englishmen. And yes, I don't know usage of two-headed eagles in heraldry of Anglo-Saxons exept Masonry Lodges of Scotland ritual, but it is not official.

Veeran likes this.
  10. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    It is also the second church established. None in the west agrees that Saint. Thomas came to Kerala. Because to them it is politically incorrect, because it usurps western legitimacy of taking control of churches (their wealth actually) in the subcontinent. So they censor that part in Christian history textbooks. So it's again a surprise that you know that also.

Yes, as I said, Orthodox churches and Orthodox ideology is a good start for renewing people-to-people and institution-to-institutions contacts between the nations.

Are all Russians as knowledgeable as you?? If it is so, then that is quite admirable.

Climate is no excuse to not visit us. Bharat cannot be classified under any one climatic condition. We have all climates. If you like cold, then you can visit the states bordering the Himalayan mountains.

In Kerala, we don't have climates that can be called hostile. If it is such a problem, then visit during the moonson period, that is the rainy season between May-June. We also have cold mountains like Munnar (google it)

You should visit Karnataka (state) -Banglore, you'll love climate there. It is cold, but sunny like warm climate.

YarS likes this.
  11. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    I'm not familiar deeply with Indian texts either. That is why I think @vstol jockey can help out.

Two headed eagles are also very popular in American establishment. You can see it in almost all their military related companies and also with american military related establishments.

Here check this link.

12. YarS

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    Are you sure? Garuda is a eagle, too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. YarS

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    OK. Checked. Almost all eagles have only one head. One exception is an Albanian two-headed eagle.

14. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes Garuda is Eagle in all Indian languages.
    And yes I'm familiar with the mythical garuda, just not the two headed Garuda/Eagle.

15. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    The two-heads come and go. See this pic, it is used in America:
    [​IMG]
    What I mean is, it is part of their popular culture/establishment also. They may not use it all the time, but it is still ever present.