Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Salute to Lala Lajpat Rai.

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by tominator, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tominator

tominator REGISTERED

So 84th dead anniversary of Punjab-Kesari, one of the important freedom fighter, about whom we are supposed to learn up until 6th or 7th standard, than forget after examination. That's what it seems to me, as i could not find even a 15min coverage on Lala Lajpat rai on TV today. I don't mean to point finger on media itself, but i think...may be everybody.

Salute to Sher-e-Punjab.

2. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    salute by a humble Indian for what you gave

3. brahmos_ii

brahmos_ii Major SENIOR MEMBER

It was the evening of October 30, 1928. Standing on the platform at a crowded public meeting in Lahore City, a person known as the ‘Lion of Punjab, ‘said in an inspiring voice:

“Every blow on our bodies this afternoon is like a nail driven into the coffin of British imperialism.”

Terrible blows had battered the chest and the body of the great man who made that stirring speech. The humiliation inflicted by the high-handedness of the British was more painful than the wounds.

On the morning of the seventeenth day after this, the great revolutionary died. Onward along the path he had trodden his followers marched towards freedom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.