Senate proceedings: ‘Proof of Afghan hand in Balochistan unrest’

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Jungibaaz, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz FULL MEMBER

Senate proceedings: ‘Proof of Afghan hand in Balochistan unrest’

ISLAMABAD:

In an attempt to pacify the charged members, Interior Minister Rehman Malik shared his long claimed ‘documentary evidence’ of involvement of a foreign hand in the turmoil-hit province of Balochistan with the Senate on Friday.

The minister for interior, who had been castigated for the government’s failure to deal with law and order situation in the province, sought special permission from chairman of the Senate to share evidence and add points to the previous day’s policy statement claiming involvement of a foreign force in the unrest of Balochistan.

Malik dramatically started off by saying that given the opportunity he would want to reveal some astounding ‘facts’.

He said: “Let our enemies be aside but I have astonishing facts about the friends…today I am going to support my statement through authentic evidence and a follow-up of those uprisings I mentioned yesterday to satisfy my colleagues who do not believe the content given by the government.â€

Showing the document on screens, Malik claimed that at least 46 training camps are operating in Pakistan where the “misled youth†are trained before being sent to Afghanistan for advanced training from where they go to Balochistan to carry out terrorist activities.

He also claimed that about 14 militant outfits including the Balochistan Liberation Army were receiving funds and weapons from abroad to carve way for the separation of the province.

Malik revealed these outfits get 5% out of the $6 billion drugs trade along the Pak-Afghan border together with other huge sums of money from abroad.

The minister urged upon the need for dismantling these camps, instead of going for a normal military operation.

He also showed proof of a number of official letters written by Afghan State government to its departments regarding providing funds, visas, passports and arms and ammunition to Brahmdagh Bugti and his operators inside Balochistan.

The Chairman of the Senate, in consultation with leader of the house and the leader of the opposition, will decide a date for an in-camera session to share information about terrorism in Balochistan.

Senate proceedings:

Lakh Laanat! :angry:
    1 person likes this.
  2. marshal panda

marshal panda FULL MEMBER

They know where the 46 training camps are operating and yet take no steps to close/destroy them ! What does it mean ?
  3. Tailchopper

Tailchopper FULL MEMBER

It means that Malik is lying , ISI has busted all main land training facilities , through targeted ops and air strikes by PAF. The concern is training facilities in Afghanistan which will soon be busted if Americans are serious in pulling out in a way which makes them look a hero in the eyes of American taxpayers and hollywood could make movies about it.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Averageamerican

Averageamerican FULL MEMBER

That whole article is a lot of hog wash,, I highly doubt that the militants are running training facilities in afganstan. In Afganstan the entire US military could come down on them like a ton of bricks at any time. Not just drones but planes and helicoptiers, plus special forces. while all they would have to worry about in Pakistan is a few drones. I expect if the Pakistan military blamed it on bases in Pakistan they would be expected to take them out and thats not going to happen for the same reason its not happened in the past, that cant or they on the militants and druggies payroll.

Pakistan is breaking up,, it was inevitable once the Pakistanis showed weakness in dealing with the militants.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  5. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz FULL MEMBER

Afghan also trained BLA militants back in the 70's.
    And the US at this point is very 'interested' in Balochistan.

Our so called allies do nothing about TTP in Afghanistan and cross-border movement.
    Why should this be any better?
  6. Averageamerican

That area of the country is wanting independence from Pakistan and Pakistan is trying to muddy the water by blameing it on Afganstan and the USA. The USA does not want even more militants in Afganstan.
  7. Anees

Anees FULL MEMBER

When u Train People u call it freedom fight , Put When others Train people u called then :terrorist: :facepalm::hmm::evilgrin:
  8. vstol jockey

vstol jockey FULL MEMBER

Did I not tell you bro that this time its not us the Indians but others? We only provide moral support just the way you do in J&K.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Averageamerican

To me depends on the targets if any one or any group target civilians they are terrorist if they are not part of some goverment. I would not call Syrian Goverment terrorist even though they target civilians, as long as the people fighting the Syrian goverment does not target civilians but soldiers and goverment officans I would not call them terrorist. I dont call the people that attack US soliders terrorist , to me they are militants, but I do call any that attack civilians terrorist. I dont the rules of warfare should apply to terrorist but should apply to militants.
  10. Tailchopper

Tailchopper FULL MEMBER

You are overestimating US influence to a psychopathic level. BLA is a CIA proxy and they fully facilitate the drug trade CIA is carrying out.

Heroin production in Afghanistan has RISEN 61% | Mail Online

If Americans are controlling Afghanistan then there should be zero drug trade so either America is not controlling Afghanistan or more likely they are benefiting from the drug trade facilitated by BLA for exports.

[​IMG]

So my advice to you is stop being American and start using your head.
    1 person likes this.