Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Senior Journalist Gauri Lankesh Shot Dead At Her Residence In Bengaluru

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Agent_47, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Check out the demographics of Turkey and you will understand what im trying to convey.

2. Flyboy!

Country Flag:
    India
    Let me open this up.
    1. You chose Nagaland - Neither the Moghuls nor the british nor the RSS reached there first. It was the Presbyterian and methodist missionaries who got to the tribals first.
    2. You are free to write anything as long as it is within legal framework of the constitution
    3. That is none of your business if people dont align with your political ideology
    4. Most news is fake and I don't take everything to be truth unless it has been proved by a court of law
    5. Missionaries work like many NGOs - a tool to siphon illegal money
    6. That should not be bothering you in anyway
    7. WTF has that got to do with this discussion

3. Flyboy!

Country Flag:
    India
  4. Flyboy!

Country Flag:
    India
  5. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    The first link highlights the strangle hold the Church has on Meghalaya .
    You must peruse the list in the second link too.It highlights among others the problem in Tripura too .

Not all the north Easterners enjoy notoriety as head hunters .

My personal take on this is the minorities in mainland India fear that their personal liberty may be at risk in the near future if not the present .This includes their right to follow , practise and preach their religion .It also means that their way of life - essentially , their customs , lifestyle , diet , etc is under threat .

Except for the proselytizing part and the beef ban controversy everything else is essentially intact for the Christians ( in the NE , I personally doubt the BJP / NDA would be foolish enough to ban beef ) .
    As far as the religion of peace goes apart from the above , their personal law would come under scrutiny , which isn't bad in my view .

Every nation big or small carries the imprint of the majority which can be extended to mean / include religion , ethnicity , race , language , etc in the way civil society conducts itself.
    The true essence of a functioning liberal democracy is not only the freedoms they provide to its people especially it's minorities but the extent to which they can go to uphold those freedoms when it's under attack .

By that yardstick , we haven't done too badly .It's not exactly a shining record but for the second most populous nation , we can certainly look at the most populous nation and consider their history ever since their nation took shape in 1949 and thank our stars that we didn't have sociopaths presiding over mass famines resulting in 20-30 million deaths apart from other acts resulting in as many casualties which was particularly harsh on its various minorities over the span of 70 years .

Incidentally PRC has a single ethno linguistic race dominating the demographic profile in their nation ( nearly 90% Han) .In contrast , the majority out here can't exactly call themselves a homogenous ethno linguistic group .While there are efforts to Semiticise Sanatan Dharmis by promotion of a single language ( Hindi ) by the Sangh , caste and it's polarising effect on society thru rampant casteism and ironically ameliorative Constitutional legislation resulting in affirmative action , etc . best viewed thru privileged intermediate castes like the Kammas , Patidar Patels , Jats , Gujjars , Marathas , etc seeking the benefits that affirmative action provides , - the loose formation of various ethno linguistic groups , castes , races , sects , etc that comprise Sanatan Dharmis ( prefer this term to the one imposed on us by outsiders - Hindu / India / Indians ) seem more content in these sub sets of Identities rather than a generic one.

Incidentally , the forthcoming state elections in Karnataka will also see heightened demands for Lingayats to be declared a non Sanatan Dharmi sect and hence a minority religion - the implication of this act being very clear .No sect in its sane mind would seek to move out of the mainstream into seeking minority status if there weren't benefits to be enjoyed .The late reporter G.Lankesh - a self proclaimed atheist, rationalist and iconoclast but born a Lingayat ( these categorisations exist only out here ) was incidentally a staunch proponent of this school of thought as was the late professor Kalburgi .

To sum up - In the words of Deng Xiaoping , when asked what he made of the impressive strides capitalism had made in an avowed Communist nation like China - he called it Communism with Chinese characteristics .

Extrapolating that description to India - We are a secular liberal democracy with Hindu Characteristics.

There's nothing to be ashamed of in this description .

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    whitebeard and Wolfpack like this.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Turkey was brutally suppressed by British after WW1 and Kemal Ataturk propped up, it was a era of Scoth drinking,cigar smoking dictators who ruled Middle east, but it is changing now. Turkish President Erdogan is far away from Kemal Ataturk. He dreams of becoming a Islamic Calipha once again.

Scotlander likes this.
  7. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    It was all about pitting Lingayats against Yedurappa ,who is considered a Lingayat strongman. I won't be surprised if a Naxalite killed her and Politburo evolved a strategy to make it look like Rohit Vemula, JNU azadi protest,which unfortunately didn't happen.

Scotlander likes this.
  8. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    You don't say I studied in a Christian college, all others including Christian girls i dated thought i was a Christian, attended all their masses, carols and faith healing festivals i know what they think and say behind. Yeah i also read both Old testament and King James bible along with Koran. But pity, i never converted because my Family was staunch Hindu in orthodox sense.

A_poster likes this.
  9. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    I lived with Nagas for 5 years as batch mates and room mates and know a lot about them.
    Friends were from Angami tribe, i still keep in touch with them. I know a lot about NGO work there.

10. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    You do forget the way she demeans Shudras and calls them idiots who might kill or riot for Ganesh chaturthi.
    Such love coming out of a Pro-Dal-it, OBC,BC lover. ;)

zebra7 likes this.
  11. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    What can be done legally about this Ilyas Sharafudin, Hyderabad. He is trying to be over-smart by insulting Hindu gods. He is a aid/follower to Zakir Naik.

Ilyas Sharafuddin Muhammed Azeemuddin

20-4-411, Anand Lane, Khilwat,
    Hyderabad, Telangana, India

+91.8142369307

https://twitter.com/dawahbyicode

https://www.facebook.com/public/Ilyas-Sharafuddin

https://in.linkedin.com/in/ilyas-sharafuddin-b8649a72

[​IMG]

Section 153A of the Indian penal code says, inter alia:
    Whoever (a) by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise, promotes or attempts to promote, on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, caste or community or any other ground whatsoever, disharmony or feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, or (b) commits any act which is prejudicial to the maintenance of harmony between different religious, racial, language or regional groups or castes or communities, and which disturbs or is likely to disturb the public tranquillity, . . . shall be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.

Section 295(A) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) enacted in 1927 says:
    Whoever, with deliberate and malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of [citizens of India], [by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise], insults or attempts to insult the religion or the religious beliefs of that class, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to [three years], or with fine, or with both.

@vstol jockey @Grevion @Scotlander @omya

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    zebra7, Angel Eyes and Wolfpack like this.
  12. whitebeard

whitebeard FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    U need to write articles in swarajyamag and opindia etc.:award:

Wolfpack likes this.
  13. Scotlander

Scotlander Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    She was one of those pathetic people who show themselves DÃ¥lit sympathisers, but in reality they belong same jamat of soul vultures of lower strata:

DJI_x-fUQAAKx8s.jpg

zebra7 and Wolfpack like this.
  14. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    Well, i don't care about swarajyamag or opindia, they got their shares of problems already. Right now, they have stopped publishing articles,Which doesn't get revenue, but not about truth!

whitebeard likes this.
  15. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I agree on many things but disagree on few things

Both Noakhali and Moplah riots happened during British time.

Moplah riots happened in 1921. There were historical series of events which led to these riots, it was not simple increase in population and take over. Then people were uneducated, and Muslims who caused it had a sense that they can do something and get away, whole world was like that at that time, no UN. I even suspect there was a British hand in these riots. To flop Khilafat movement support by Gandhi. Just like BBC reports cannot be totally trusted.

There was line of Hindu kings Zamorins, in Kozhikode Malapuram area in North Kerala. Vasco de Gama visited this kingdom in 1498. Arabs (Type Rohingya) traded with this kingdom and they settled and mixed with locals. Then Tipu sultan attacked and these Muslims took over aided by Tipu sultan. Many OBCs and SC/ST Hindus having lower affinity to Hinduism converted to Islam to escape death. But few higher castes converted and many escaped to southern parts of Kerala. Tipu sultan must have sent spies to ascertain the demography. Having a significantly large battle hardened Muslim population was the undoing of Zamorin. To the south in Kingdoms like Kottayam and Travancore. There Higher caste Hindus regrouped aided by British (when you are under attack and in dire situation, you will take help even from devil himself). After Tipu was slayed by British, the High caste Hindus who helped the British took over the Kozhikode Malapuram region. This was ripe time for converting the local population to Hinduism. Because Tipu sultan had also converted Hindus to muslim forcefully. But the Hindu rulers lacked foresight, they were just interested in ruling.

Mappila Muslims slowly built numbers (there was no internet, no media, no census so the Hindu rulers never knew anything), they planned to take over, coordinating using word of mouth. They wanted to recover the lands and freedom they gained during invasion of Tipu. So the khilafat movement turned into a riot, to drive out the landlords ruling with British support, which happen to be Hindus.

So, Muslims had already reached significant percentage of population in many parts, under Tipu Sultan. The Hindu hold had weakened due to invasion of Tipu. Tipu's invasion allowed Muslims to grab hold of Hindu properties, which Hindus left when running from invasion.

If there was no Tipu's invasion in the region, Muslims would never get the resources and numbers to increase their population percentage.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can neither demonize the Muslims nor we can call then saints. We Hindu's are no saints either :wink:. We did re-conquer Hyderabad in 1948, it was Mapila riots x 1000, if it gives you some respite. We reduced the rich landowners to riksha pullers.

I don't say completely trust Muslims, when we go outside we lock our houses. Just like there are right wing Hindus there are right wing Muslims. The right wing Muslims don't come out like right wing Hindus. Would a right wing Hindu come out in a Muslim majority country ?

The excessive sympathy Muslims have for other Muslims is a reason to suspect them. When you have more love for a faraway Muslim than your Hindu neighbor. Only a secular optimist simple minded Hindu mind will be without suspicion. It puts non-Muslims at disadvantage. Muslims in India have sympathy for Pakistan, which obviously makes it risky/difficult for us Rw to blindly trust them. I remember some years earlier watching news reports of terrorism on TV, in anguish I posted jokes about Pakistan on some forum (secular). A Muslim named Admin(there where many non-Muslim admins also) deleted my post and banned me. Then I posted the same jokes on forum with no Muslim admins, no one deleted my post. Then I realized the difference between Muslim and Hindu mindsets. Then I searched on net and found that there were many like me. One thing became clear, many Muslims don't share the hatred Hindus have for Pakistan, and Muslims don't tolerate Hindus expressing hatred towards Pakistan. Just say a simple hearted joke on Pakistan and watch faces of some Indian Muslims contort in disgust.

This distrust for Muslims was even felt by someone like General Cariappa
    General K.M. Cariappa , the first Indian Army Chief, wrote an article, significantly in the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) mouthpiece Organiser (August 15, 1964), 17 years after Partition alleging that "(Muslim) loyalty seems to be primarily to Pakistan. This is a crime unpardonable. This is also the impression of a large percentage of non-Muslim intellectuals in India. Here is the root cause for there being a none-too-happy feeling towards Muslims by a large percentage of the majority... . This is understandable." The author reminds us that Cariappa contested an election to the Lok Sabha from the Bombay Northwest Constituency with Shiv Sena support and lost. What needs to be added is that he was supported also by some business houses and, indeed advocated military rule in India.

He made the Muslims lead the 1965 war with Pakistan. Pakistan complained of human shields.

We Hindus are after all humans, Pakistan wiped out almost all Hindus due to suspicion.

-------------------------------------

It is religion and ethnicity that keeps India together. Kashmir is only few hundred kilometers from Delhi, but it suffers from separatism. But Southern states like Tamil Nadu and Kerala are 2000 kms away but you don't need any army to keep them with India. Hinduism is a glue that binds India.

------------------------------------------------------

There are many nationalistic Patriot Muslims like ABdul Kalam. We should take extreme care not to hurt them. This is why we should selectively single out the Rw muslims.

--------------------------------------------------
    USSR collapse because it was a collection of many communist countries. USSR collapsed with Russian consent. Imagine what would have happened if serbia had nukes. Serbs would have hit Bosnia with nukes. Imagine if Travancore had nukes when Tipu sultan attacked.
    -----------------------------------------------------

I highly doubt if increasing population is enough to take over a place in 21st century. That's not how things work in real world.